BOX1

P700 P700 Top Overhaul

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Completed top overhaul of my 700-4 engine a couple weeks ago. Previous owner ran tracks and we think ran it low on oil (?) All I know for sure is cylinder was right on the edged of being out of spec. Who knows.....

We tore the engine down, checked everything and found cylinder was a bit out of round but not to bad. I was surprised in not finding much performance engine parts for this engine....and we looked. Big bore kit would add very little without a good cam! I even considered Rincon performance parts, regrind stock cam yada yada but elected to replace everything on the top with stock Honda parts. New cylinder, piston, rings. cam, cam towers, lifter covers, valves, cam chain tensioner and some other things I can't remember. Valve springs were 99% so they went on with the 3 angle valve job and minor porting/cleanup of cylinder and head. Installed a new FMF Pipe and left the stock air filter for now. I plan on doing the flower pot snorkel and thinking about a turbo!!!
Thanks for all the R&D SPIFYD!
Turbo Charging the 700 would be a fun project. This will be my first turbo install in anything "IF" I decide to go for it!

Last edited:
G

Gentleben

Jan 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks like I’m going to go through the same with a 15 P700. Using oil, smoking, fouled & wet plugs, 60 psi compression, inside the cylinder looks wet. Runs pretty good with clean plugs though surprisingly. Did you do it yourself or hire it out? If you did it, Where did you get your parts? Did you have a service manual or do you just know your s***? Hahaha

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!