Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I also really enjoyed my 700. But at 36 HP the engine really suffers at very high elevation. I don't have much experience with this though. I just know that when you get to 10,000' you loose 30% power. A naturally aspirated engine will lose approximately 3% power for every thousand feet of elevation. I have ridden around 4000 feet elevation and experienced times when I could put the pedal to the floor and it would not spin the tires at all. Of course that's with 28" tires and 3 people total. Also, I had a full size battery, large bumper, winch, etc, etc. it was heavy.

Even with that said, the 700 is one hell of a machine. It's reliability has been proven and I would be proud to own one again. I have been trying to talk my father into getting one to keep around our place because it will work all day long and not have to worry about clutch problems.
We've rode as high as 6700feet and noticed it but we were pinned all the way anyway. Even 5hp loss on the 700 is drastic because I'm sure you lose 7-10 in the drive train anyways so you're only looking at around 25-30hp to the ground so 5hp is up to a 20% drop. Shoot my wife's dirtbike has more power and she's 40. The 700 is no powerhouse at all but the damn thing IS A TRACTOR. Hauling ass up a dirt road loaded it did not do but it always went NEVER BROKE was fairly comfortable tight and safe. But again never broke it always got us home.This last year we loaded up out near Entiat,WA with 4 of us and a special built trailer loaded down with full camping gear (we normally take the motorhome groups of people and massive amounts of gear bikes ect so this was different) and took off. We rode 50miles away from anything including cell service found a nice lake and camped. Not even totally sure where we were.we crossed water lots of crap towards the end we left the trailer and made multiple trips. I think it had around 2200 on it and we ride hard and never maintain I mean never that's why we like Honda. Never were we concerned. Ever! I don't know anyone personally around here that would do that on Polaris. I wouldn't and we've owned them I'm not sure I would have done that on one new much less over 1-2000mi. I love our 1000 wouldn't go back and it'll do the same this year probably a lot further because of the added speed power and comfort( looking for a pop-up trailer and small boat for this trip) but the 700 is the vehicle that made me trust sxs's. It was a big ass foreman. Our life actually changed with the 700. Incredible rig

Last edited:
Reactions: Stauvo and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We've rode as high as 6700feet and noticed it but we were pinned all the way anyway. Even 5hp loss on the 700 is drastic because I'm sure you lose 7-10 in the drive train anyways so you're only looking at around 25-30hp to the ground so 5hp is up to a 20% drop. The 700 is no powerhouse at all but the damn thing IS A TRACTOR. Hauling ass up a dirt road loaded it did not do but it always went NEVER BROKE was fairly comfortable tight and safe. But again never broke it always got us home.This year we loaded up out near Entiat,WA with 4 of us and a special built trailer loaded down with full camping gear (we normally take the motorhome groups of people and massive amounts of gear bikes ect so this was different) and took off. We rode 50miles away from anything including cell service found a nice lake and camped. Not even totally sure where we were.we crossed water lots of crap towards the end we left the trailer and made multiple trips. I think it had around 2200 on it and we ride hard and never maintain I mean never that's why we like Honda. Never were we concerned. Ever! I don't know anyone personally around here that would do that on Polaris. I wouldn't and we've owned them I'm not sure I would have done that on one new much less over 1-2000mi. I love our 1000 wouldn't go back and it'll do the same this year probably a lot further because of the added speed power and comfort( looking for a pop-up trailer and small boat for this trip but the 700 is the vehicle that made me trust sxs's. It was a big ass foreman. Our life actually changed with the 700. Incredible rig

Well said my friend.

I envy you for your ability to ride like you do. Maybe one day I'll put 2-3k miles on a pioneer.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well said my friend.

I envy you for your ability to ride like you do. Maybe one day I'll put 2-3k miles on a pioneer.
Thank you so much. We gave up so much to do this. Unless it's camping related we have little or it's cheap. We have more money in ours and our kids machines then our house. My daughters dirtbike costed more then my wife's car. I've got 20k in my bike alone but not bad considering it doesn't break its NEVER left me stranded (17000+miles between the multiple TrailTechs still going) none of our Hondas have. Polaris people think 2-3k is good on a 20k rig and time to sell for half for new(it was a good rig it only went through 3belts a drive shaft 2 valve adjusts,head work,a throttle assembly,wheel bearings, full suspension bushings, and only had to be towed twice type of mentality) Will probably purchase another 700-4 just for family god I loved that rig! We both make really good money but work for camping. We have extra machines trailers sleeping quarters and a spare truck just to get others up with us. Usually less fortunate family and friends and friends of friends. We are considered by many as weird but we love making sure others have a great time we aren't stingy. If we were we'd be like so many couples around here and buy a rzr only and not even invite our own kids. We consider our house the forest. We really enjoy it. I guess it helps when your house is small and you have little else. From Valentine's Day to xmas we may miss a total of 3 weekends. I'm proud of what we do because it's all we know. Some of our family ridicule us for what we do but will sit in their 4-500k house not being able to afford to even go camping just working for the house or future, not getting out ever kids grow up and want out. Our kids grew up this way and will be continuing to come with future generations. My daughter at 8 was driving our 40ft bus with a 20 trailer down jagged mountain roads. It's a lifestyle not a hobby but again we give up a lot!! Our home life sucks but this is hard for me not to be proud. Again thank you

Last edited:
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Thank you so much. We gave up so much to do this. Unless it's camping related we have little or it's cheap. We have more money in ours and our kids machines then our house. My daughters dirtbike costed more then my wife's car. I've got 20k in my bike alone but not bad considering it doesn't break its NEVER left me stranded (17000+miles between the multiple TrailTechs still going) none of our Hondas have. Polaris people think 2-3k is good on a 20k rig. Will probably purchase another 700-4 just for family. We both make really good money but work for camping. We have extra machines trailers sleeping quarters and a spare truck just to get others up with us. Usually less fortunate family and friends and friends of friends. We are considered by many as weird but we love making sure others have a great time we aren't stingy. If we were we'd be like so many couples around here and buy a rzr only and not even invite our own kids. We consider out house the forest. We really enjoy it. I guess it helps when your house is small and you have little else. From Valentine's Day to xmas we may miss a total of 3 weekends. I'm proud of what we do because it's all we know. Some of our family ridicule us for what we do but will sit in their 4-500k house not being able to afford to even go camping just working for the house or future, not getting out ever kids grow up and want out. Our kids grew up this way and will be continuing to come with future generations. My daughter at 8 was driving our 40ft bus with a 20 trailer down jagged mountain roads. It's a lifestyle not a hobby but again we give up a lot!! Our home life sucks but this is hard for me not to be proud. Again thank you
You sound like me. We are a big happy family living in a small house that doen't take all of our money. We like our toys. We travel a lot. I go hunting and fishing whenever i want for weeks at a time. Seconds notice i can just leave and be gone a week. I camp a lot. More at home in the woods. We don't have tons of money but we have freedom to do what we want. Well me mainly we still have kids in school so they can't always just take off. My wife will go on her trips and i stay home and watch the kids and deal with it all. When we can't all go. When they're done with school and moved out. We plan to just travel all over. Camper and SxS. I need to come out and ride/camp with yall. If i had friends here that had free time i would go off on a long riding camping trip. Actually trying to do one this summer if i can find people to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yall sound like us. We are a big happy family living in a small house that doen't take all of our money. We like our toys. We travel a lot. I go hunting and fishing whenever i want for weeks at a time. Seconds notice i can just leave and be gone a week. We don't have tons of money but we have freedom to do what we want. Well me mainly we still have kids in school so they can't always just take off. When they're done with school and moved out. We plan to just travel all over. Camper and SxS.
Well we are pretty much weekend warriors we only get out then. My job requires me there as no replacement for me. I get 4weeks vacation but can only use 3days so every year, I take extra day on memorial/4th/labor only called in sick once in 14years here so it's only weekends but it is every weekend with our kids. We have "adults weekend " 3 times a year:) but before I buy so much as a new sled for myself my wife and kids get one first. We stay close. It can be too much sometimes but I believe it's right. Kids grow up strong,family oriented,and follow no one. I feel bad for the ass hole who tries to date my 10yo daughter someday.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you so much. We gave up so much to do this. Unless it's camping related we have little or it's cheap. We have more money in ours and our kids machines then our house. My daughters dirtbike costed more then my wife's car. I've got 20k in my bike alone but not bad considering it doesn't break its NEVER left me stranded (17000+miles between the multiple TrailTechs still going) none of our Hondas have. Polaris people think 2-3k is good on a 20k rig and time to sell for half for new(it was a good rig it only went through 3belts a drive shaft 2 valve adjusts,head work,a throttle assembly,wheel bearings, full suspension bushings, and only had to be towed twice type of mentality) Will probably purchase another 700-4 just for family god I loved that rig! We both make really good money but work for camping. We have extra machines trailers sleeping quarters and a spare truck just to get others up with us. Usually less fortunate family and friends and friends of friends. We are considered by many as weird but we love making sure others have a great time we aren't stingy. If we were we'd be like so many couples around here and buy a rzr only and not even invite our own kids. We consider our house the forest. We really enjoy it. I guess it helps when your house is small and you have little else. From Valentine's Day to xmas we may miss a total of 3 weekends. I'm proud of what we do because it's all we know. Some of our family ridicule us for what we do but will sit in their 4-500k house not being able to afford to even go camping just working for the house or future, not getting out ever kids grow up and want out. Our kids grew up this way and will be continuing to come with future generations. My daughter at 8 was driving our 40ft bus with a 20 trailer down jagged mountain roads. It's a lifestyle not a hobby but again we give up a lot!! Our home life sucks but this is hard for me not to be proud. Again thank you

Are you going to royal blue? I'm guessing not due to the super long travel. I feel like well miss you if you don't, even though I don't know. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Keep it up!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are you going to royal blue? I'm guessing not due to the super long travel. I feel like well miss you if you don't, even though I don't know. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Keep it up!
Omg thank you! I wish we could! So many people I'd love to meet on here but you're all way east. I damn hate it. This crowd would be so awesome take over an area and have a great time!!! I absolutely hope someday I could win the lottery and just sell the house take our friends,drive around the country and see everyone here and ride all of your sweet spots. A 100 motors with one goal:):)

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Very happy with my 700. It climbs rocks good, hauls good rides trails just fine. The 500 and 1000 are the hot topics now since they are the newest models but I bet there are more 700's sold and running strong.

Doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles so it's great if you like to tinker and personalize it to your style.

Mine has..
Half windshield
Aluminum top
Winch
28" Big Horns (recent add)
Power steering
Upgraded tailgate
And of course, the must have tailgate cables! LOL!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Very happy with my 700. It climbs rocks good, hauls good rides trails just fine. The 500 and 1000 are the hot topics now since they are the newest models but I bet there are more 700's sold and running strong.

Doesn't come with a lot of bells and whistles so it's great if you like to tinker and personalize it to your style.

Mine has..
Half windshield
Aluminum top
Winch
28" Big Horns (recent add)
Power steering
Upgraded tailgate
And of course, the must have tailgate cables! LOL!
700 is a great rig!

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
The 700 is not dead at all. I bet they sell as many or more of the 700's than the 1000's due to cost.

I would like more power in my 700 but after riding the "Blue" a few days I was impressed it went everywhere the thing had traction. Steep muddy trails or any terrain at the "Blue" were not an issue unless it high centered. It is not fast but 40 is fast enough for me where I ride these days!

Think I'll keep it a long time and not spend the 25+++k to get a new 1000 accessorized like my 700!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I plan to put at least 10,000 miles on my 700 before I consider buying a new sxs and I'm quite confident it will do it. At that point I'll say, "can't sell it for much so may as well keep it for ranch use only" and buy my next one. Or hell may just see if it will do 20,000!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That mentality doesn't exist with Polaris title holders! Could you ever imagine 10-20k on one!!! That would cost more in maintenance belts and parts then buying new every 3500k

Reactions: Tflynn
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel bad for the ass hole who tries to date my 10yo daughter someday.

I was going ask you if your 10 yr old daughter would be pen pals with my 11 yr old son........ (The key word is WAS ) Lol!:D

It goes for all brands but I just love how these machines personify family togetherness, adventure, independence and yes showing our kids something else other than Mine Craft and a couch.

Now I just need the one I ordered to show up.o_O

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That should get the rubber band army rowled up.....
Ya but what could they say to that? "My sons 4th grade teachers great uncle had a best friend that met this guy in rehab who knew a guy that use to fish with this guy in Russia that said he had over 12000 miles on his rzr and he must've been honest because had 110yo jet powered cargo ship that was street legal back in Vietnam"

Reactions: swsebek
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ya but what could they say to that? "My sons 4th grade teachers great uncle had a best friend that met this guy in rehab who knew a guy that use to fish with this guy in Russia that said he had over 12000 miles on his rzr and he must've been honest because had 110yo jet powered cargo ship that was street legal back in Vietnam"
Haha! Mileage is only half of the equation, the other half is how much money, parts and labor it takes to get there.

I know I'll do countless oil changes, filter cleanings, etc. but I don't really expect to have to do much else. We'll see!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haha! Mileage is only half of the equation, the other half is how much money, parts and labor it takes to get there.

I know I'll do countless oil changes, filter cleanings, etc. but I don't really expect to have to do much else. We'll see!
I've owned both. There is no rubber band again in my future!

Reactions: Tflynn and swsebek
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
I plan to put at least 10,000 miles on my 700 before I consider buying a new sxs and I'm quite confident it will do it. At that point I'll say, "can't sell it for much so may as well keep it for ranch use only" and buy my next one. Or hell may just see if it will do 20,000!

My 700 had 6000+ miles on the odo and 1800+ hours from previous owner. Previous owner told me he was shocked at the high miles and stated he used it a lot but seemed impossible he drove 6000 plus miles .....We guessed the high miles were due to the tracks he ran for two winters??
My 700 will run many many years like any good Honda with proper maintenance. I have put close to 300 hard trail miles on it the past two months and I am astounded at how well it performs. It goes where ever I point it!
700 NOT DEAD!

Last edited:
tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Mine is a typical Honda. Does not do anything great but does everything well. Perfect vehicle for over two years for my horse farm. Still think the p1000 is intriguing but will give it some time to how clutch issues turn out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!