Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not that it matters to me but dirttraxtv did a review recently on YouTube of the 825i. And really raved about it you should check it out.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking at the 825i when I wa shopping for my 700 as well. The customer reviews from the 825i turned me to the honda. You can read the reviews in JD website. As far as the stearing my wife is 5' 1" and 120lb and can steer it fine.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just a thought - have you looked at the new new Mule Pro FXT? It uses the same 3 Cyl. engine as the Deere but is heavier duty and offers a great ride and plenty of room.
It also seems Kawasaki has a MUCH better cvt system on the Mules as you really never hear of anyone having issues with them.

Last edited:
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
adding to my previous statement on the deere 825i me and the neighbor were out riding in the pasture yesterday evening climbing hills and just riding all around in general we climbed a fairly steep hill and his gator stop running while going up the hill we pulled it back to his shop and after checking into the running problem found the timing belt broke so that being said the gator has 2 rubber bands to deal with vs none on the honda i would do yourself a favor and buy a tried and true Honda and enjoy riding and not wrenching

Reactions: JACKAL
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Welcome. I had a 825i and in feb of 2014 asked these guys they're opinion of the honda and how it stacked up against the gator and they did not steer me wrong. As usual it depends on what you are going to do with the machine. My 825 was the same aftermarket pwr steering as my p700. (Ez steer) the gator is smooth and soaks up the bumps but it is also heavy. Hydro formed frame, cast iron a arms, metal floor boards and same width as p700. Heres the deal the gator has a china made (cherry) inline 3 cylinder engine just like a small car. Its heavy, has an exposed alternator, open unsnorkled vent to cv housing narrow seat and the steering wheel is laying damn near flat. Its strong yes but when my buds an i would cross creeks with 18/20 of water the belt would get wet and slip. Oh and there is no drain plug on the cv housing. I had several issues with the alternator and cv. I bought the honda. I have 1900 miles and had ZERO issues. I

Reactions: bobbyhill
brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
I can still do and accomplish everything work wise with the honda that i did with the jd, but the honda is just plain fun.

S

Southarkrob

Jul 6, 2015
I am a huge JD fan 4wd JD tractor with tons of JD accessories and a JD Z trak mower and they are awesome!! The Gators are not even in the same league as a Pioneer 700 or even a Big Red. They DO NOT have the same resell value either.. the Honda will kill it everytime! I have a Pioneer 700-4 that I hunt out of and a Big Red that we use everyday on the cattle ranch. The Big Red has never let us down in over 6 yrs of hard service.

Duramax

Duramax

Jul 23, 2015
Dresden,TN
Well I'm also a Deere guy. I have always loved all my Deere equipment, although never had a gator. I like the smoothness of the 825i ride. I also like the Deere dealer that I've been talking to. The local Honda dealer seems like they don't really have time for anybody that's not ready to write them a check. They also try really really hard to push the Polaris Ranger on me. They must make more money on the Ranger than they make on the Pioneer.
Your Honda dealer sounds EXACTLY like my old one lol!

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I looked hard at an 825i before buying my pioneer. I got my 700-4 for $12k out the door. Base model 825i was $13k plus taxes. Close friend has an 825i midnight black edition. His brother is the service manager at a deere dealership so he gets a little better price. He loves his and I wish I had his hydraulic dump bed. Also like that his rear diff isn't locked all the time tearing up his yard like the pioneer. I bought the Pioneer because the dealer is close to the house and I could seat 4 without additional length. I use mine to haul firewood out of my creek bottom as well as haul corn for feeders, plant trees, and prescribed fire.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Power steering is 500 for the pioneer incredible difference. I didn't think all that bad before in 2wd but it's now way easier in 4wd then it was in 2wd before. Took 2hrs to install pretty straight forward and never looked back. If you're super worried just plan on it so at least you have Honda dependability and resale look up reviews before you buy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
P.s. Honda started this category remember the odyssey. It wasn't until even the Yamaha lawsuits hit them as well as there own for stupid people doing stupid crap that they gave up for a bit. Good to see you back Honda you're coming in hard! Honda does very good with testing and they strive for reliability. I know a guy with a Deere that had motor go first season.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
I almost bought an 825 or 850 gator before the Pioneers came out. So glad I waited for the the P700-2. I want a p1000-3 now.

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!