Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I thought you weren't going to get them till Friday!!!
Have you gotten the tubing needed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone bought a wrench to adjust the setting? Mine are set max stiff and I want a softer setting.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Do the 2011 commander shocks work? Asking for a friend.. fronts only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Has anyone bought a wrench to adjust the setting? Mine are set max stiff and I want a softer setting.

I jacked it up taking the weight off the suspension and used a pipe wrench to turn them. I have the front set right in the middle, stock springs and the rear set softest with highlifter springs.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Do the 2011 commander shocks work? Asking for a friend.. fronts only

The specific years that fit is listed earlier in the thread but yes, regular commander shocks are known to fit. Not sure about fox shocks yet, I'm waiting for someone to try those.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Anyone had an axle boot problems since the commander shock instalation?
Clean cut as if some one used a razor blade on it. LR Axle

View attachment 22771 View attachment 22772

That's interesting. I haven't had any failures of the boots yet *knock on wood* and I was actually more concerned about additional wear on the cvs resulting in failure. The boots felt like they had some more stretch left to them. The drop is the same as the drop on the strongmade lift kit and those don't seem to have any known issues with boot failure. The shocks do ride higher then the lift i compared them to so I would expect additional wear. I would be more inclined to think something got wedged in there and wore through as the axle turned.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@scott have you installed Comander shocks on the rear yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: scott
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
No one I know of has done it but I've been pressuring multiple people to do it. So...DO IT!!

Let me get the initial shock of buying the machine and a few must have accessories worn off of the wife a bit. Then magically a box of shocks will appear! Or maybe I can have the UPS or FedEx guy slip them into the garage, they seem like pretty cool guys

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just take her for a ride on the roughest trail you know and talk about how New shocks would be curing all of these bumps! Worked for me

Reactions: Dpetrocik
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Let me get the initial shock of buying the machine and a few must have accessories worn off of the wife a bit. Then magically a box of shocks will appear! Or maybe I can have the UPS or FedEx guy slip them into the garage, they seem like pretty cool guys

Let me help you out.

1. Have them delivered to your buddies house.
2. Have them delivered with your buddies name on the box. Tell your wife that buddy is getting them delivered to your house so his wife doesn't know.

Edit: After you have told her that the shocks are his, you can rub some dirt on them and tell her that your buddy gave you his old ones.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
Since commander fronts are direct bolt on has anyone just tried aftermarket commander shocks? Walker evens, king, etc.

I mean I found these kings and I'm assuming it would be one heck of an upgrade!

Can-Am Commander King Shocks UTV Upgrade Kit - $874.95 w/ Free Shipping!

I've been wanting someone to try this for quite a while. The only question I would have is if the reservoir style would fit due to the added room needed. Please try it!

Reactions: Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Let me help you out.

1. Have them delivered to your buddies house.
2. Have them delivered with your buddies name on the box. Tell your wife that buddy is getting them delivered to your house so his wife doesn't know.

Edit: After you have told her that the shocks are his, you can rub some dirt on them and tell her that your buddy gave you his old ones.
True visionary here

Reactions: Gator
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!