P700m4 PlastiDip Black Pioneer

I just finished spraying it with PlastiDip.
I personally think it looks really good.

Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 1 Photo 2

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have sprayed the plastic down with Mean Green from the Dollar Store ($2.00 for a quart) and than power wash it looks like new again. Just don't spray it on in the sun. Works great on tires and white walls. DO NOT spray on you car/truck paint as it will stain it.

M

mnolivehonda

May 13, 2014
i love the black plastidip. i was thinking of doing that but was worried about it scratching off because of all the trees and branches on the trails i ride. Looks Sick though!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, Holds up pretty well I have one edge that peeled back but briars and bushes haven't bothered it. Handles pressure washing as well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bu2abega
7ymumuhe
Ne5asa6e

After 8 months of brush and briars, there were some tears in the plastidip so I decided to peel it off and respray it. Along the leading edge of the fender it had started to peel but I think that was because I didn't spray it thick enough.

Came off in about 10mins and the plastic underneath was a nice and scuff free as when I first sprayed it. Does a GREAT JOB of protecting the plastic.

Ebegypat
U2eme2y9

Reactions: Superfan75
E

Ecdub

Jul 18, 2014
Are you painting it black again? I want to do mine not sure what color I want to go with..... I don't want it to clash with my green stickers. Suggestions welcome :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 634
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I'm doing it black again. I like black vehicles I don't tire of them as fast.

Spray the stickers! It peels off any slick surface.

Does protect the plastic though

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I need to redo mine too. It is a bit more rough then yours. I agree the dip has protected the plastic like I never thought. It was well worth the time invested to paint the pieces. This time, I think I'm going to leave the fenders on and tape it off vs taking it off.

This was my first time dip'in and I am sold. It is now the first mod I will do when buying my next SxS/ATV.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought about a different color or a pattern or something but the flat black looks too good to me.

Maybe a General Lee theme, could add a dixie horn while I was at it.

Reactions: Superfan75
E

Ecdub

Jul 18, 2014
I'm thinking of going with charcoal, sometime within the next month. Going to try to talk the husband into a radio....

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Black is a flat finish it has a dark charcoal look to it if that is what you're wanting. I am going to respray mine sometime over the next few days I peeled the black off and my wife said the red was ugly. I'll try to post some better pictures of the color.

Someone else on here a WHILE back used a radio similar to this.

JBL PRV 175 AM/FM/USB/Bluetooth® Gauge Style Stereo by JBL http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JJXBBSY/ref ... 7tb1WHCTXS

They installed it in the dash under the shift levers where the white shifting sticker is. I would check sizes though.

E

Ecdub

Jul 18, 2014
I was looking at the honda sound bar system..... Yeah I will be checking into alternatives lol. We are kind of serious about our music so going to have to figure out something, this looks like something that just may work. Wish I could see a pic of it installed : /. I love the black but I'm thinking just a hair lighter might be different. Hey if it sucks I can always peel it right off :D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Teaser post, the lift will be here Monday, and I'll post final pics then.

I had to replace the battery and two tires because I popped sidewalls. The battery was bad because of the El Cheapo radio I installed constantly drawing a maintenance voltage from the power wire and it sounded horrible anyway so I trashed it.
So I Rolled the Pioneer into the house and started taking it apart.
As usually happens when I start tinkering, it gets a little out of hand. I figured I'd post photos as I stole ideas from other members and figured others could do the same from me.

For starters, I decided to peel the Plastidip off and redo it. Hence why I posted to this thread more of an update on the Plastidip
I had some issues with the edge peeling last time because I didn't lay a thick enough coat. I put an entire can on each fender and then one on the hood, using the same method I used the first time.

Then I added DEI Exhaust wrap via SkyPup, and a Group 27 Battery under the drivers seat, the battery charges just fine and the winch does not drain it so bad you have to stop while winching.(I replaced the stick on heat-shield that Honda had in place over the exhaust and added some on the side of the battery facing the exhaust)

Quietens it down a good bit not near as loud(you can talk without screaming at the VERY top of your lungs at 35+.
Also cools it off a good bit using an IR thermometer on a 92F/70% Humidity day it measured 120F on the plastic directly above the exhaust (the factory stick on shield was out of place) With the replacement heat shield and the single layer of wrap it was only 104F. The next afternoon at 95F/60%Hum.
Whats shown is a single layer 15' long.
I am definitely going to double layer wrap all the way back to the muffler at some point.

My dad bought a 21" Light bar from Amazon for his RV that he thought was longer
(always read the details AND look at the diagrams boys and girls)
I took the 12" bar off the roof and put the 21" on the roof (lower than before to reduce height with the lift, it now sits lower than the highest point of the factory roof)

And I moved the 12" down to the Hood/Dash like Bigriver

I am rebuilding my old Kubota so I needed some backup lights I took the dual 4" square LEDs I had on the back of the Pioneer and put them on the tractor and bought this 7" light bar off Amazon for $17.

Bought 3 new rockers from OTRATTW.Net that have custom wording ($5 each) and swapped out.
While I was at it I removed the KFI winch rocker I had stuck to the underside of the dash with doubleside tape and added a momentary on/off/on from OTRATTW to my panel.

Last I added tires
The factory tires measures 24" inflated to 6PSI front and 8PSI rear.
The 27" GBC Dirt Devils have 1.2 inches of tread and measure 26.5" Inflated to 7PSI front and rear.
They ride a little rough on hard surface below 5MPH, but smooth out significantly after that.
PLENTY of clearance for a full 28" tire kinda wishing I gotten 28's now. :roll:

Attachments

• Clearance Factory.JPG
    Clearance Factory.JPG
    645.2 KB · Views: 739
  • Exhaust Wrap.JPG
    Exhaust Wrap.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 765
  • Factory Height.JPG
    Factory Height.JPG
    662.1 KB · Views: 743
  • Ground Clearance.JPG
    Ground Clearance.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 743
  • Hood Light.JPG
    Hood Light.JPG
    701.8 KB · Views: 725
  • Over Inflated Clearance.JPG
    Over Inflated Clearance.JPG
    896.7 KB · Views: 748
  • Rear Light.JPG
    Rear Light.JPG
    866.4 KB · Views: 742
  • Roof Bar.JPG
    Roof Bar.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 724
  • Roof Height.JPG
    Roof Height.JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 738
  • Switches.JPG
    Switches.JPG
    951.4 KB · Views: 749
  • Tire Height Difference.JPG
    Tire Height Difference.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 763
  • Tires.JPG
    Tires.JPG
    610.3 KB · Views: 746
  • Exhasut Wrap 2.JPG
    Exhasut Wrap 2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 742
  • Fender Edge PlastiDip.JPG
    Fender Edge PlastiDip.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 752
  • Fender PlastiDip.JPG
    Fender PlastiDip.JPG
    801.5 KB · Views: 764
  • Hood PlastiDip.JPG
    Hood PlastiDip.JPG
    770.6 KB · Views: 790
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put the StrongMade lift on last night, learning from everyone else I had a plan of attack ready and finished it in just over an hour. Easy.
Ended up being 3" in the rear and 2" in the front. Next are spring spacers to help with the ride.

I have 7psi in the tires and my rear shocks on 2nd softest setting and I have 14¼" of clearance at the back which is 4½" better than stock.
Thing is now its 84½" tall and my garage door is 83¾ so I have to load the bed up and then empty it once I get out.
With 10psi and middle setting I'm at 15½" and 85¾" but worried about punctures.

I had these strip LEDs I got from Amazon that were going to go under the bed rails of my truck so I could see under the tonneau cover, but were too much of a pain to wire.
I took the incandescent dome off and stuck these on. Don't even notice them until they are lit, and with the cheap RF Remote LED dimmer I also got from Amazon. I can dim them so I can find something but not have to wait for my eyes to adjust to the darkness again.

Next is a fiberglass form under roof stereo install, gonna be a while, but now that I am trail riding more I want some tunes, and the football game.

Attachments

• Lift Clearance.JPG
    Lift Clearance.JPG
    649.4 KB · Views: 713
  • dome off.JPG
    dome off.JPG
    746 KB · Views: 684
  • Dome on.JPG
    Dome on.JPG
    785.9 KB · Views: 685
  • Angle.JPG
    Angle.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 672
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 682
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Added a RAM mount for my lifeproof case so I could use my iPad as a GPS map (found an app that let's you turn any map as long as it's accurate into a GPS map, beats the heck out of blocking the trail cause your lost) and music source.

Ca880dc6ea9a887959091a3ad316d34a

A7a9d9b557e8b4595159c3722211ecfb

Added a water resistant box for my Bose Bluetooth speakers and I've got tunes.

Efc4cb3b76031176e4884e34e2a700cf

170184abe202bf9da4131ca30b5c2f21

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Putting a can on each fender and the hood did the trick, went riding through brush and brambles yesterday no gouges.

No peeling around the edges
or corners.

Cloud 9 Rider

Cloud 9 Rider

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Looks good, what app are you using? I've played a little bit with Trimble Outdoors Navigator App but I had to drive a trail before the app would recognize it. I do the same thing with a waterproof bluetooth speaker for some music, works great!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cloud 9 Rider said:
Looks good, what app are you using? I've played a little bit with Trimble Outdoors Navigator App but I had to drive a trail before the app would recognize it. I do the same thing with a waterproof bluetooth speaker for some music, works great!!

"Offline Map Maker"

Thanks three more coming!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The case for my Bluetooth speaker kept coming loose and hitting me.

Grabbed some fiberglass and formed me a stereo roof.

I HATE FIBERGLASS!

Looks decent, I got tired of sanding.

Sounds GREAT, and Bluetooth so the phone stays dry.

Made it before I had the headunit, made the hole too big based on the install instructions I downloaded, going to get a piece of ABS and clean that up some, but I got tunes.

"AC/DCs - Back in Black" sounds awesome!

Cbce5ad9bb2b6c0218338d5f7bf055caE2e3b78394b813af5a569ecaaf11287c10ceca27dd27484ef04b38cc8a16ae95

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Black, it goes on a shiny matte. They make a glossifier.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!