BOX1

Plow

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
What are the pros and cons of the front mounted plow vs the mid mounted plow? The one that warn made for the pioneer that is available is the front mount, but I was kind of thinking a mid mount would be more rugged... Thoughts??

RacerX400600

RacerX400600

Jun 22, 2013
If you take it off and put it on a lot the front mount is really nice with easy access to the mounting pins.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
yes that I am aware of, I only plan on putting it on once in the fall and off in the spring

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Anyone have any new thoughts on the durability of the front mount plow vs the mid mount? I'm trying to see if its worth waiting until an aftermarket company makes the midmount option...

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
Still waiting for an aftermarket company to make a mid mount plow, as I feel it is more rugged, has anyone had any bad luck with front mounted plows? I am starting to worry that the snow will be here before the mid mount plows...

B

brando4905

Sep 10, 2013
Marion, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could be wrong, but since the front mounts came out several years ago, and they are SO much easier to connect, I doubt they will be making a mid mount for the Pioneer. If your springs are set up right on the plow, you shouldn't have any issues with the front mount.

Jerry3

Jerry3

Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2013
Arkville, NY
My dealer called to say Moose finally made the belly mount for the plow, and it will be in the end of the week, along with the KFI winch mount and a 4500 superwinch, and if I'm lucky my doors too. I am thinking about ordering the power angle kit for the Moose.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!