Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I talked to SuperATV today and they said no problem. They said if you are using the Honda heater and you want the ez steer also, just to call them before you order and they will make a wire harness extension so that you can mount the control box anywhere you want. (With no extra charge) you will have to find a good ground but it sounds like easy fix!
I have said it before and ill say it again, Super ATV has some awesome customer service!
I forgot to add one thing. They did say that if you tried to extend the wire harness yourself, that it would void the warranty on the EZ steer. Just a heads up to you do it yourself arch and spark guys out there.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Spokane Valley, Washington
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
No idea I didn't need to remove the shaft from the tube. Just loosened the factory section up all the way and it moved enough it came right out.

Was able to keep the shafts in the kit loose enough to get everything together and in place.

Seemed like an extra step that could make things "easier" if the shafts would not move but was ultimately unnecessary since they did.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to install it without removing the C-clip.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ordered my EZsteer kit today. I'm looking forward to installing it. I don't have the heater to worry about though.

I will take all advice so far and not remove the C-clip and only remove the fender.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I installed the power steering over the weekend. It is a big improvement. Especially since I've got over sized tires that are spaced out further than stock. I can now turn the wheel with only my palm touching the steering wheel, and that's sitting still. Most importantly, my wife can now drive it much easier and soon my 4 year old son can sit in my lap and drive to nanna and gramps house. It is a bit pricey but if it lasts as long as the pioneer, it's a good deal.

Thanks to those who help push me into purchasing this.

Joe

Reactions: ohanacreek
MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
That is excellent news. I was in the mountains this last weekend, dragging logs up skid trails using 4WD Diff Lock mode. I was exhausted by the end of the day, especially when I needed to turn around in tight places. I plan on installing my kit this weekend. I feel power steering is essential for those who often use 4WD Diff Lock mode.

@joeymt33 , Were you able to install it without removing the Dash, Fender, and C-clip?

Last edited by a moderator:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I removed the fender but not the dash or c-clip. It wasn't too bad at all.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I removed the fender but not the dash or c-clip. It wasn't too bad at all.

Would it have been significantly more difficult if you had not removed the fender? I have many accessories connected to the fender that I would prefer not removing it, if possible.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think leaving the fender would make it very difficult.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I think leaving the fender would make it very difficult.

Thanks for responding. I probably will remove the fender as well. I am so appreciative of this thread, because I would have definitely removed the dash and C-clip as well. It sounds like the install should not be that difficult.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's easy, especially considering the assist it gives after its installed.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
For those who are interested, I looked around for the best deal for the EZ Steer Power Steering kit. I ended-up purchasing the kit from Super ATV for $479.95 (with free shipping and no taxes). The regular price was $519.95. I did a google search and found a discount coupon of $40. So be sure to google search before you buy because Super ATV seems to have many discount coupon offers.

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I finished my install this weekend. I didn't have any problem without removing the Dash or C-clip. My P700 has a front heat guard that needed to be modified, which was not in the installation instructions. It worked out well, because I had to relocate some of the winch components and was able to use the modified heat guard to hold the winch wireless remote radio.

I am so happy how well the power steering works. It is very noticeable in 4WD Diff Lock. Can't wait to get off-road!
HeatGuard

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finished my install this weekend. I didn't have any problem without removing the Dash or C-clip. My P700 has a front heat guard that needed to be modified, which was not in the installation instructions. It worked out well, because I had to relocate some of the winch components and was able to use the modified heat guard to hold the winch wireless remote radio.

I am so happy how well the power steering works. It is very noticeable in 4WD Diff Lock. Can't wait to get off-road!View attachment 4872

You'll enjoy the EPS immensely, I forget it's in 4Lock after going through deep holes. Never forgot without the EPS.

M

MudBee

May 30, 2015
@MountainMan how long ago did you order? I just looked and the are $599 reg price versus the $519 price you said (I did find the $40 coupon as well) just curious, in case I'm looking in the wrong spot... Would rather pay $479 instead of $559 :)

MountainMan

MountainMan

Sep 1, 2014
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
@MountainMan how long ago did you order? I just looked and the are $599 reg price versus the $519 price you said (I did find the $40 coupon as well) just curious, in case I'm looking in the wrong spot... Would rather pay $479 instead of $559 :)

I ordered it about 4 weeks ago. I just checked SuperAtv's website and they raised the price. That's too bad. You can get it cheaper on ebay.

H

hydrantman

Look on Ebay listing for $499 shipped just ordered one.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!