Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Private Messaging/Conversations FAQs
Learn how to use private messaging on this forum.

Private Message Or PM are called 'Conversations'
The software used by this forum refers to "Private messages" as "Conversations". These 'Conversations' are just like regular forum threads, only private between you and the recipient of the message. So in other words, they are 'Private Threads'.

The key thing to note is that there is no separate Inbox and Outbox. All the exchanges of message relating to one specific conversation are in a single thread - just like the threads in the forum.

Is Private Messaging Available To All Members?
Private messaging (Personal Conversations) are available to members on this forum who meet the following criteria:
  • The member has at-least 2 approved messages on this forum.
  • The member has been registered on this forum for more than 3 days.
How Will I Know If Private Messaging Is Enabled For My Account?
To know if you can use private messaging on this forum, go to your 'Inbox' and see if you can find the 'Start a New Conversation' button. If this button is not present, then conversations are not enabled for your account. Please refer image below:

Conf

Please read the following FAQs to know how to use Private Messaging on this forum:

1.) How to Start a Private Conversation with another Member?

2.) I do not see a 'Start a Conversation' link on this member's profile, why is that?

Inbox & Message Notifications

3.) Where are My Personal Conversations Stored?

4.) How do I reach my Inbox?

5.) How will I get notified of new messages?

Inbox Limits and Message Deletion

6.) Is there a limit to the personal conversations I can start/receive?

7.) What happens when you reach your inbox limit?

8.) How do I Delete a Conversation?

9.) Can I Delete Multiple Conversations at Once?

10.) What happens when I delete a conversation?

Private Messaging Privacy

11.) How can I stop a Particular Member from contacting me via personal conversations?

12.) I do not want to be contacted by any Member, what should I do?

13.) I want to receive conversations only from Members I follow. Is that possible?

Reporting Spam

14.) How do I report a spam conversation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Barnstormer
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How To Start A Private Conversation With Another Member?
There are two ways by which you can start a 'Private Conversation' with another member explained as follows:

Click on the Member's Username/Avatar and on the 'Member Card' that pops-up, click 'Start a Conversation'.
Please refer image below:

You can also start a conversation from within your inbox, by clicking on 'Start a Conversation' and typing in the 'Username' of the Recipient.

Once you do this, you will be taken to a 'new message' page where you can add your message and click 'Start a Conversation'. Please refer image below:

I Do Not See A 'Start A Conversation' Link On This Member's Profile, Why Is That?
There could be two reasons for this as follows:

1.) The Member has decided not restrict private conversations to to everyone or whom they 'Follow".

(or)

2.) You currently do not have permission to send a private conversation.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Viewing Past Personal Conversations?
You will be able to see a list of all conversations you have made under your Inbox. Do do this click your mail box and select "Show All".

How Do I Reach My Inbox?
You can reach your Inbox by placing your cursor on the 'Inbox' link located at the top right corner of this forum and then clicking on 'MailBox' from the drop down menu.

How Will I Get Notified Of New Messages?
The number of unread/new messages is indicated on the 'MailBox' link once you login as shown in the image below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What Happens When You Reach Your Inbox Limit?
Once you reach your limit, you will no longer be able to start new conversations with other members. Similarly, other members will not be able to contact you using a new conversation. But you can still continue to participate in the existing conversations.

In-case you wish to start/receive new conversations, you will need to delete some of your existing conversations.

How Do I Delete A Conversation?
To delete a conversation, click on the 'checkbox' next to the conversation, this will bring down a menu, click on 'Delete Conversation' on this menu. Please refer image below:

Once you click 'Delete Conversation', you will see the following Pop-up message:

Accept Future Messages: If you want to receive further messages, leave it selected on 'Accept Future Messages' and click 'Delete Conversations'. This way, if the recipient were to send you another message using the same conversation, that conversation will be reinstated in your Inbox.

Ignore Future Messages: If you do not wish to receive any further messages from the recipient, select 'Ignore Future Messages' and click 'Delete Conversations'. This way, the conversation will be locked and the recipient will not be able to send any further messages.

Can I Delete Multiple Conversations At Once?
Yes, You can delete multiple conversations by checking on multiple Conversations and then clicking 'Delete Conversation' as shown in the image below:

Similarly, if you want to delete all Conversations on the page, click on 'Select All' and then click 'Delete Conversations'.

What Happens When I Delete A Conversation?
Deleting using 'Accept Future Messages' Option: Please note that when you delete a conversation using the 'Accept Future Messages' option, the conversation will still be active in the recipient's Inbox and if they decide to send you a message using the same 'Conversation', it will be reinstated in your inbox.

Deleting using 'Ignore Future Messages' Option: If you selected the 'Ignore Future Messages' option while deleting the conversation, the recipient will be be informed that you have left the conversation through a X symbol against your name and the conversation will be locked. In other words, the recipient will not be able to send you any further messages using this conversation. Please refer image below:

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How Can I Stop A Particular Member From Contacting Me Via Personal Conversations?
To stop a particular Member from contacting your through 'Personal Conversations' do the following:

1.) click on the Member's Username and select 'Ignore' as indicated by the image below. You can also 'Ignore' a Member by visiting his/her profile page.

2.) You might also want to delete any existing Conversation sent by this Member and select 'Ignore Future Messages' while doing so.

I Do Not Want To Be Contacted By Any Member, What Should I Do?
To block members from contacting you, go to your 'Profile Privacy' page and 'Uncheck' the 'Start Conversations With You' checkbox and then click 'Save Changes' as shown in the image below. Once you uncheck that box, no member will be able to send you a private message. Click here to go to your 'Set Profile Privacy Page'.

Important: Make sure that you click the 'Save Changes' button at the end or-else your changes will not be saved.

I Want To Receive Conversations Only From Members I Follow. Is That Possible?
Yes, you can set your privacy such that only the Members you follow will be able to contact you via a private message. To do this, go to your 'Set Profile Privacy' page and under 'Start Conversation With You:' select 'People You Follow Only' and then click 'Save Changes' as shown in the image below:

This way, a Member will have to follow you first and then you can decide if or not to follow him/her back. If you follow him/her back, the Member will then be able to contact you via a private message. Click here to go to your 'Set Profile Privacy Page'.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How Do I Report A Spam Conversation?
If you find a member being abusive or sending spam messages, please report his message by clicking on the report link at the bottom of the message as indicated by the image below:

If you are facing issues, please use the Contact form here!

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!