Programmers

C

chrismcfadden4

Apr 18, 2015
Has any tried any programmers. Would like to buy just want some in put first. I do a lot of mudding and noticed the pioneer 700 4 just don't have the power I was hoping for.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
A few people have them along with a uni air filter and aftermarket exhaust they said it makes a huge difference.

Last edited:
C

chrismcfadden4

Apr 18, 2015
Thanks. Do you happen to know which ones they are running.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
One guy said he has the Dobeck. One has the one from Big gun. Dynojet power commander V. They have said you can't just do a programmer tho. You have to get a pipe too.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
if I was doing a naturally aspirated motor I would go 10.1 C/R piston. a web cam and the quietest exhaust I cold find. i probably would even try the stock exhaust with just a tip first. none of that will help with out a fuel controller. the dobeck gen 4 is the only way to go. it a controller with a afr gage built in. you just set the afr you want and it will keep it there. no guessing. it can also be set or changed on the fly. the motor would liven up with some c/r added. there is an obstruction in the intake hose going to the throttle body that needs to go. it will cut right out with a sheet rock knife.
if you lived any where near me I would do the work for free just to see how it goes.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
if I was doing a naturally aspirated motor I would go 10.1 C/R piston. a web cam and the quietest exhaust I cold find. i probably would even try the stock exhaust with just a tip first. none of that will help with out a fuel controller. the dobeck gen 4 is the only way to go. it a controller with a afr gage built in. you just set the afr you want and it will keep it there. no guessing. it can also be set or changed on the fly. the motor would liven up with some c/r added. there is an obstruction in the intake hose going to the throttle body that needs to go. it will cut right out with a sheet rock knife.
if you lived any where near me I would do the work for free just to see how it goes.
how would you feel about taking a trip to Alaska? lol

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Too bad Southwest doesn't fly there I have five hundred seventy five thousand miles to use up. how hands on are you

Reactions: Mark Maloney
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll do everthing but wires!! As time Allows! Airline miles suck! I have the same problem with my airline, i can't ever use them!

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
I can use my miles and they work fine but they're all on Southwest Southwest doesn't fly to Alaska

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
sorry that post was so late I just figured out the blue dots! lol

Jwbeene683

Jwbeene683

Sep 6, 2015
Dayton, TN
Has any tried any programmers. Would like to buy just want some in put first. I do a lot of mudding and noticed the pioneer 700 4 just don't have the power I was hoping for.
I have the big gun pipe and tuner. Works great and have a lot more power on my 700-4.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club @Jwbeene683 !

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes it's loud but not too loud that you can't stand it. Just needed more power. K&N filter works too. Next mode is going to be homemade snorkel.

@Jwbeene683 Welcome to the Club!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the big gun pipe and tuner. Works great and have a lot more power on my 700-4.
Hey @Jwbeene683 welcome to the club! I have been wanting a tuner too and was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on your experience with one. Set up, installation, performance gains etc. any negative aspects one might not expect? I like to get as many people's opinions as I can before I buy something!

Jwbeene683

Jwbeene683

Sep 6, 2015
Dayton, TN
Wasn't really happy with the power the Honda had. Then added 27" tires and knew I had to do something. Programmer gave it a lot more get up and go but only a little top end. But I'm not looking for going 80 through the woods. I've had no issues with it and you have 1-8 settings to choose from. Next will be a home made snorkel to try and get more air and no water.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015

Do you have any more details on the obstruction?

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
@Tflynn bite the bullet buy one and let the smile on your face be the reason for spending 250$

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!