BOX1

P700 roof question

D

dowdy4

Apr 20, 2016
kansas city
Just bought our first side by side and going to take it out riding in Colorado.(we live in MO) we have added a roof and concerned about driving on the interstate at high speeds with the roof on. Should we remove it for the trip and put it back on when we get out there or will it be ok? Any ideas how many miles we can go on a tank, or MPG? thanks in advance!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just bought our first side by side and going to take it out riding in Colorado.(we live in MO) we have added a roof and concerned about driving on the interstate at high speeds with the roof on. Should we remove it for the trip and put it back on when we get out there or will it be ok? Any ideas how many miles we can go on a tank, or MPG? thanks in advance!
If it's a hard roof and on correct it should be OK I have not had any problems with mine on my pioneer 700-4 when I used to have now I have the pioneer 1000-5 with hard roof with no problems transporting it on trailer.

D

dowdy4

Apr 20, 2016
kansas city
If it's a hard roof and on correct it should be OK I have not had any problems with mine on my pioneer 700-4 when I used to have now I have the pioneer 1000-5 with hard roof with no problems transporting it on trailer.
so issues going 80mph? Did you put a strap over the top?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
so issues going 80mph? No Did you put a strap over the top?
no but you could I keep the SxS the same direction as the truck.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I have the hard roof on mine and have traveled approx 10,000 miles with it on with no problem. I get 118 miles per tank of gas with my 700.

Reactions: dowdy4
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've done uh 130KM/h with mine on the top of my truck, no issues. Kills my gas mileage as it's a big frickin sail up there, but everything still where it's supposed to be. YMMV. I've never ran my out of fuel, but looking like I should get similar mileage to a tank as Lynn based on calculations when refilling etc.

Reactions: dowdy4
MTotten

MTotten

May 6, 2016
Marshfield Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
No problems with my roof! Range will depend on how you ride, but 100+ miles is a safe bet. I added a Rotopax to mine to give me extra fuel just in case;-)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!