P700m4 RZR Shocks??

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
Just a wild though. Has anyone done any research on if we could get the factory fox shocks of one to fit onto our 700s? I know we would have to do some modifications but I could get a slightly used set of 4 for pretty cheap. I have more time than money right now to afford a thousand plus for shocks lol

Last edited:
bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
I have read on other forums. They put the rear shocks off the 800 rzr onto the front of the pioneer and made a huge difference. Also seen someone put maverick shocks on one

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
You would need major bump stop and limiting straps

D

Dotson

Mar 17, 2014
Has anyone on here tired this cause I have been looking into it?

Reactions: SpencerAK
bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
Look on hondapioneerforum that's where I found them doin it. I trying to find a used set

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
The commander shocks work also. Front off the 08-11 i think work on fronts of the pioneer. Them piggy back shocks are nice. Can get them for a good used price on ebay. Facebook group has a few people that did the rzr and commander shock swap.

hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Aw man, you can't be using no Polaris parts on a Honda. Blaspheme.

What's this world coming to.

Wait till I tell the guys over on the RZR forum. :cool:

Gotta wade through all the smack talk just to get to the juicy bits about confiscating used cast off Polaris stuff for a Honda. LOL Made my day. :D

Make sure you take off all the Popo stickers. It will be all right as long as you don't get caught. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Farmer and swsebek
bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
Aw man, you can't be using no Polaris parts on a Honda. Blaspheme.

What's this world coming to.

Wait till I tell the guys over on the RZR forum. :cool:

Gotta wade through all the smack talk just to get to the juicy bits about confiscating used cast off Polaris stuff for a Honda. LOL Made my day. :D

Make sure you take off all the Popo stickers. It will be all right as long as you don't get caught. :rolleyes:
Lol we all know honda lacks in the suspension department. But you don't have to tow them home ;)

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Just joined the forums but have followed and done some of the upgrades mentioned here and on the other forum. I would like to know to if Rzr 800 shocks would work. I have come across a couple guys selling a whole set front and back Fox Podium X and WE depending on the model for around $500 with around 100 miles on them.

hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Lol we all know honda lacks in the suspension department. But you don't have to tow them home

Yes, I know what you mean. It is that way with our Popo's too, we have never had to tow one in thousands of miles. We did have to tow a Grizzly one time, it just quit. I hear some of those chinese sxs's are not too reliable though.
But I can understand about not towing a Honda since we seldom see them at any of the riding areas, the sxs's anyway.

That sounds like a good deal on those shocks. I think I will check and see if those will fit my Ranger and see if I can can find a deal.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just joined the forums but have followed and done some of the upgrades mentioned here and on the other forum. I would like to know to if Rzr 800 shocks would work. I have come across a couple guys selling a whole set front and back Fox Podium X and WE depending on the model for around $500 with around 100 miles on them.

@TimmyBoy84 Welcome to the club, sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Give the others that have that unit some time and can maybe give you the length and stroke of the Honda shocks vs the RZR 800.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I was also looking at the rzr800 not s or xp model for the p5 I need to get my hands on a set tho

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
If you just want the length of the stockers let me know. My stock shocks are sitting on my workbench

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Yea Tflynn that would be helpful, then just need to get ahold of some Rzr shocks to see what they measure up to. The Fox and WE out for the pioneer look sweet but hesitant on dropping that kinda scratch for shocks :eek:. I trail ride and usually always have 4 people in mine and the whoops slow me down everytime, busted some rear ends in the back seat bottoming out a couple times too :D. Got a K&N and Yoshi pipe and looking into that Dobeck chip too but the extra power means nothing if I have to slow for every bump lol.

Reactions: bobbyhill
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like we have almost identical set ups. I will get those measurements for you when I get home. I do have the fox podiums on mine and they are worth the money in my opinion. They would solve the problems you're having at least! If you get the Dobeck tuner please do an in depth write up!!!! I know a lot of us would appreciate it!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Dobeck it the shi beep lol period if you have aftermarket airfilter and exhaust with the extra fuel your performance will be night and day

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yea Tflynn that would be helpful, then just need to get ahold of some Rzr shocks to see what they measure up to. The Fox and WE out for the pioneer look sweet but hesitant on dropping that kinda scratch for shocks :eek:. I trail ride and usually always have 4 people in mine and the whoops slow me down everytime, busted some rear ends in the back seat bottoming out a couple times too :D. Got a K&N and Yoshi pipe and looking into that Dobeck chip too but the extra power means nothing if I have to slow for every bump lol.
Measuring from the center of the bolt holes, Rears are 18 1/4". Fronts are 19 3/8". May not be an EXACT measurement but within a 1/16". Ought to be close enough for what you're doing. And that's with the shock off the utv just to be clear.

Reactions: jak9922
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you bought one of the tunners, could it be used on 5 or 6 other SXS? what is stoping us from all pitching in to buy one and passing it around?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah Scott that would be a sweet setup! The hmf and the dobeck unit are actually the same thing, both made by dobeck. Either way I'd love to hear your impression of those parts once installed

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!