P700 Sealed Cab Question

R

Ray

Sep 6, 2015
Hi Guys
I am looking at upgrading from the P500 which we got a proper honda roof, windscreen wiper, windshield and some crappy soft doors for. Water gets in when its windy and raining.

I go up mountains in the rain and need to use a laptop computer to program electronic equipment so the cab needs to be fully dry and sealed. The dealer where I got the P500 from says he can order the cab parts for the P700 but because he doesnt sell the doors very often, he doesnt have an assembled one for me to look at. Also being in New Zealand means we can only get the official honda accessories - the aftermarket parts are too expensive to ship here.

Can you tell me if its sealed and mostly wind proof? Have you got any pics you can share?

He has prepared a package price of a 700-2p with hard roof, windscreen, wiper, hard rear window, hard doors and I will add a light bar and cab heater.

Here is a video of my current situation

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Guys
I am looking at upgrading from the P500 which we got a proper honda roof, windscreen wiper, windshield and some crappy soft doors for. Water gets in when its windy and raining.

I go up mountains in the rain and need to use a laptop computer to program electronic equipment so the cab needs to be fully dry and sealed. The dealer where I got the P500 from says he can order the cab parts for the P700 but because he doesnt sell the doors very often, he doesnt have an assembled one for me to look at. Also being in New Zealand means we can only get the official honda accessories - the aftermarket parts are too expensive to ship here.

Can you tell me if its sealed and mostly wind proof? Have you got any pics you can share?

He has prepared a package price of a 700-2p with hard roof, windscreen, wiper, hard rear window, hard doors and I will add a light bar and cab heater.

Here is a video of my current situation
First off, welcome to the club @Ray! I'm not sure how much help I can be as I don't have a hard cab but my thought is that when it comes to being water tight, the genuine Honda cab will be the best bet, although I seriously doubt it's perfect. It will most likely also require a bit of spray foam, weather stripping, and maybe some silicone to be truly waterproof. Good luck with the build!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is very frustrating. I've heard nothing but bad reviews on the Honda cab whether it's soft doors or hard doors.

I've seen the popo cabs and they seal a lot better. (That tasted terrible coming out of my mouth)

Why should we give up something like "fit and finish" to have a more reliable, better built vehicle? They went 90% but then rushed it out the door before completing the last 10% which would have been the fit and finish.

I would probably own the soft doors by now if they were at least decent. At best, they'll keep the cold winter breeze off you.

Reactions: Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had soft doors on the 700 and the 1000 and I will agree they aren't great but with some adjustments (mainly bending) and tucking them inside the ROPS rather then on outer edge you can get them to seal against weather a fair amount

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just saw a cab on P1000-5 with hard doors and hard mid panel and I must say it was sealed tight. I just can't stomach another $2000+ for the hard doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!