Shifter Knob replacement.

primeau

primeau

Dec 3, 2013
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone try and put a different shifter knob on the pioneer. I got the knob off but the end of the stick is flat. No way to screw the new knob on. Any suggestions?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thread the end of the rod, you can get a kit usually at a home improvement store or automotive store.

primeau

primeau

Dec 3, 2013
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I may just wait and see if something comes out that fits the pioneer. Not sure there is enough room for that tool because of the proximity of the steering column. Thanks again.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i just bought one that is on the big red because the shift letters are white on the big red shift nob and it will fit the flat shifter on the pioneer. just thought it would just look better with the white lettering on the shift nob.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
tbaker said:
i just bought one that is on the big red because the shift letters are white on the big red shift nob and it will fit the flat shifter on the pioneer. just thought it would just look better with the white lettering on the shift nob.
Thanks tbaker.
the Big Red part # is 54321-HL1-A00ZA. Runs $15 - $20.

H

hydrantman

How did you get the knob off, just by pulling it off did not see any kind of set screw or anything?
Thanks

H

hydrantman

Just installed my new shifter knob today got the Big Red Knob and looks great. Thanks for idea on that one. :D

T

Tommy

Aug 27, 2015
Anyone try and put a different shifter knob on the pioneer. I got the knob off but the end of the stick is flat. No way to screw the new knob on. Any suggestions?
How did you get the knob off? In have a big red doing the speedo install. Removed insert no screw in there. Does it just merely pull off?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How did you get the knob off? In have a big red doing the speedo install. Removed insert no screw in there. Does it just merely pull off?

@Tommy Welcome to the Club! To get the knob off just pull on it, it will slide off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!