Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got our first snow in southern Wi!!! Pvc trick on the plow works awesome!
12289603_10206480108654911_4370877308824907062_n.jpg

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Still waiting for an aftermarket plow mount for the 1000. Come on KFI.... Was stuck snow blowing again. (Northern Illinois).

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32
J

jay dawge

Oct 6, 2015
dang they gotta get a p1k plow kit out there the freakin snow is starting to fly! This is all Obamas fault.... ha ha just kidding, but really no plow kit? Wadda they waiting for spring time?
DSCF4710

Attachments

• DSCF4707.JPG
    DSCF4707.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 232
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
whats the pvc trick on the plow?
if you have gravel driveway or sick of ripping up the yard you take a piece of 2" pvc and cut a slit in the top, and pound it on over the cutting edge of the plow. Still plows snow great. Rides right over the gravel and cracks in sidewalks ect.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Huh I might have to try that, I hate it when we get snow before the ground freezes.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a Moose plastic wear bar for my plow. A friend has one and says it is great plowing on pavers very smooth and very quiet.

AndRo

AndRo

Dec 30, 2015
Photo Dec 27 11 24 49 AM

Need some plow whips, so I can see the sucker. I do a lot of skimming, tons of gravel.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I finally got to try your pvc trick @Plumber32, your right it does work very good. I don't seethe pvc lasting very long for me though as I have already broke one end of it off, too many rocks in my yard for it to bounce off. As long as it last long enough for the ground to freeze I'll be happy. I really like plow with the pioneer, it was great to be out of the weather in a heated cab.

20151229 113330 zpsemxhqqtb

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally got to try your pvc trick @Plumber32, your right it does work very good. I don't seethe pvc lasting very long for me though as I have already broke one end of it off, too many rocks in my yard for it to bounce off. As long as it last long enough for the ground to freeze I'll be happy. I really like plow with the pioneer, it was great to be out of the weather in a heated cab.

Yea mine broke too! I'm going to try the sch 80 pvc and will report back. We had a nasty ice/snow storm 2 days ago and took a toll on the pvc.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@allgm1 I've been doing a little work on my own plow setup myself. I've got a Moose 50" Country Plow and Polaris push tube for a total of $40, so I've been adding a little metal to increase the width and make it what I want. I do have 1 question. I see in your picture that you have the mid panel screen with the full roof and was curious if you have placed anything between the top bar and the roof. I ordered one from Rockymountain before Xmas and got it on yesterday, but was wondering if I needed to put anything up there to fill in the space. Also would be interested in your soft door review. Looking around, some people love them and some people hate them. Just curious. Thanks.

Reactions: DesertWreck
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@tjoreo i did seal up the gap between the roll bar and the roof. I used a piece of plexiglass, cut to fit the contour of the roof (kind of) and bolted to the back side of the middle roof brackets. I still have some small gaps in that area as its really hard to get the contour of the roof right even with a piece of 3/8" fuel line installed on the top side.
Here's my view on the soft doors. I had atv's for many years, so having something to slow down the wind and keep me dry while riding is great. I never expected a sxs to be as closed in, warm and cozy as my truck, the sxs is a recreational vehical and I never expected them to seal the cab 100%. I read a lot of people complaining about them but they serve my purposes just fine. I plowed snow this year in a hooded sweat shirt and was still over dressed once the motor gets warmed up.
I have a few crappy pics of the filler panel I made, if you want more detailed pics let me know I'll see if I can get them
20151223 163039 zps4mawab0i
20151223 163328 zpsrihckpnr

C

ckhenshaw4

Mar 1, 2014

Allgm1. Where did you get your enclosure for your 700-4? I would like to enclose just the front also on ours.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you very much @allgm1. I appreciate the info very much. The doors will be on my list of things to do next year, because spring has sprung around here. I took my plow off yesterday and for the foreseeable future I won't need it til this fall. Like you I am very impressed with the plowing ability of the 700. It is nice to be covered and cozy even with just the roof and windshield. I never realized how much I actually liked plowing until I rode around in this. It helps to break up the winter blues buy giving a person something to do. The only problem I had was keeping my wife out of it before I got home. I was reserved to the passenger seat, when my 2 year old wasn't sleeping away while my wife plowed. On second thought, maybe I'll skip the doors. I'll really not be able to get her out of it. Enjoy

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
@ckhenshaw4 its all honda stuff except for the piece I made over the roll bar.
@tjoreo lol my wife offered to go out and do the plowing once, I said oh no thats ok dear I'll get it. I didn't want her to start the bad habit. I haven't seen you mention a heater. have you got one of them also? you have to have a heater, best thing since sliced bread.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ckhenshaw4 its all honda stuff except for the piece I made over the roll bar.
@tjoreo lol my wife offered to go out and do the plowing once, I said oh no thats ok dear I'll get it. I didn't want her to start the bad habit. I haven't seen you mention a heater. have you got one of them also? you have to have a heater, best thing since sliced bread.
Don't tell that. I have been contemplating the heater, but I think I actually have my wife talked into power steering. That was the result of her plowing, so that might be one good result of her doing MY job. I have been trying to lay out my wiring for my circuit panel, so it sounds like I need to leave some room for next years heater install. If you believe it is worth the effort, I might have to give it a try. Is your's the Honda OEM heater or one of the custom fabs that a bunch of guys have been doing from Summit?

Reactions: ckhenshaw4
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
My heater is from honda also, I just didn't feel like chasing parts and I bought everything I needed roof, doors heater, mid panel and sw/volt meter wiring at the same time I purchased the bike. I definitley recommend a heater if your in your rig when its cold out it nice to flip the switch and knock the chill off. I have also read about lots of people complaining about excessive heat coming from the heater vents during the summer (thats why they put a valve on the water hoses), the honda vents have a flapper that closes them off when you don't need heat, I feel a lot more heat coming from under the seats. Oh power steering, Thats an other option you'll need to have lol, LOVE mine, especially when plowing in tight areas.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!