Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I also use the K&N with prefilter and I have been very pleased. Most of the dust reduction come from the higher intake. Thanks for posting your pics. I did something very similar.

556e926798cab0423dd47a8cab137ee2

Reactions: JACKAL
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also use the K&N with prefilter and I have been very pleased. Most of the dust reduction come from the higher intake. Thanks for posting your pics. I did something very similar.
Hey Joe would you say the k&n gave you noticeable power? I have exhaust already and I'm trying to decide which intake to go with to balance things out

556e926798cab0423dd47a8cab137ee2

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a long strip of drive way where the pioneer can hit 29 mph. Each time I've modded something I've ran it and it's always the same. So, with the longer intake which may be more or less restrictive I noticed no difference in acceleration. But I did the KN at the same time. My butt dyno says it helped throttle response a little but that could be just the deeper sound of the KN. my friend has a 2015 pioneer on 27" tires and mine with 28" tires is exactly the same when we race. In conclusion, I've done no harm to acceleration but no real increase.

Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have exhaust as well? The more I read the more it sounds like its pointless to do one without the other. Your thoughts?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd put a new tip on only

B

Booster

Jun 22, 2015
Slidell,La
Hey guys. I want to thank Simpleman for the information he sent me on his unique air intake. The bill of material is sure helpful as to how I am going to arrange my intake. All your responses have helped me as I am new to the Pioneer 700 club and learned from your input. again thanks for everyone response.
I am in South Louisiana on the Louisiana and Mississippi State Line. If anyone is close by, I would like to hook up for a ride. Great riding to all and be safe.....

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys. I want to thank Simpleman for the information he sent me on his unique air intake. The bill of material is sure helpful as to how I am going to arrange my intake..
Maybe this info would be good to turn in to a resource? I know I would like to see also.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Hey fellas I tried to upload my message to the forum but It wouldn't take the pics due to file size. I'd be more than happy to send it to ya if you want. I've been running the HMF swamp series exhaust paired with a K & N air filter with pre screen along with the snorkel kit and have noticed good gains in power torque and drivability. I run a lot of heat deflective tech on the air intake tube and air box housing as well as DEI titanium header wrap on the exhaust tubing. Spifyed has a good post about a air restriction in the throttle body area that can be fixed with a razor blade or sharp knife. Done that too! I ride a lot at elevations above 6500 ft and these mods have helped out the ol'girl quite a bit. It's no 1000cc motor but way more snappy and responsive than stock. At high rpm on stock tires in 3rd gear the 700 starts to fall on its face above 35 mph at full throttle in this elevation pulling long steep climbs. Its no sport sxs but gets the job done! I'm with everybody else on wanting the new 1000cc sxs but with 14k plus in this one it's hard to justify..... Dream and drool yes! If I could get 10-11k for mine plus the price point be good on the new sxs then HECK YA I'll get one..... Till then I'll motor my machine around and still have an excellent sxs!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Simpleman could I get you to send me pics of how you attached the snorkel tubing to the factory intake? And possibly a materials list for the snorkel project? Was this expensive to do? I really like the idea of a ram intake. Also, would you care to elaborate on cutting out the rubber inside the intake tube? I can't find that post. Any info is appreciated!!

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Hey Simpleman could I get you to send me pics of how you attached the snorkel tubing to the factory intake? And possibly a materials list for the snorkel project? Was this expensive to do? I really like the idea of a ram intake. Also, would you care to elaborate on cutting out the rubber inside the intake tube? I can't find that post. Any info is appreciated!!
Hey brother I'll get that to you tomorrow! FYI I've noticed at 7500' elevation with all the mods an increase of 5-7mph at top end on a long hill accent. It's still no 1000cc motor but it is much better over stock. It was very cheap to do maybe 25$.....I've ran the machine 5x in the mountains and still haven't had to clean the air cleaner! way better location for cool clean air! Spifyed has a post about it I think under his OS handle he built for his wife. The rubber tube from the air box to the throttle body has a 1/4' ledge or so restricting air flow. A simple putty knife or razor blade and 2min of time and it's all good!

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Awesome thank you so much! That sounds like what I need. My rig works fine at home around the ranch but when I go up to the mountains to trail ride at about the same elevation you mentioned, I could really use an extra bump in power. While we're on the topic, how do you like that k&n air filter?

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
Awesome thank you so much! That sounds like what I need. My rig works fine at home around the ranch but when I go up to the mountains to trail ride at about the same elevation you mentioned, I could really use an extra bump in power. While we're on the topic, how do you like that k&n air filter?
I really like the K&N filters. I've ran them on my 2005 Rincon and have had zero issues. Easy to clean when needed and better throttle response. I run the pre filter wrap as well just for added protection. Send me your email address and I'll get the snorkel info to you.

Simpleman

Simpleman

Nov 19, 2014
Yuba City, California
So you just cut out the stock snorkel?
I used the OEM pipe from the air box to my first connection. I did that to keep the tab that supports the fuel line and the OEM pipe is the same diameter as the conduit. Plus it is already bent to go to that location. I don't know how much more gain there would be to run a pipe all the way to the air box when one is already made that fits perfectly.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@joeymt33 Very nice setup on the intake.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!