P700 Spring riding the well equipped 700M4

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Been off work for a while and traveled from NY to NM riding as often as I can. Started in NY, PA, then WV then to The Royal Blue Honda SxS gathering in April and finished up riding the Jemez Mtns near Santa Fe NM Tuesday. Many stunning rides, nothing super challenging like those awesome TN trails but beautiful scenery and fun fun fun. More rides to come unless I get called to work....then the 700 goes to work with me.

Multiple consecutive days long rides with some night riding of no issues go anywhere I pointed the 700, clearing trails by winching fallen trees most would think impossible . VERY happy with its performance and comfortable ride with the Commander shocks......love the power steering too. At times with three dudes and gear with several nights camping out in the middle of nowhere. Not a fast or over powered but performs well when driven properly for the conditions.
IMPRESSIVE MACHINE!
A couple of like minded friends.
View attachment 15905 View attachment 15905 View attachment 15907 View attachment 15908

20160524 120213 resized 20160524 121706 20160524 121920 resized

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
So let me try and put 2 n 2 together. Your rolling cross country with truck, trailer, and the Honda and just peel off here and there and jump in Honda with some gear and go camp for a night or 3??

Holy bejeesus I am jealous!!!

Keep the pics coming!

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Something like that!
I am back to work for a few weeks using the SxS every day in West Texas. After thus who knows where I'll end up!

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
So let me try and put 2 n 2 together. Your rolling cross country with truck, trailer, and the Honda and just peel off here and there and jump in Honda with some gear and go camp for a night or 3??

Holy bejeesus I am jealous!!!

Keep the pics coming!

Yeah, me too. Sounds like a blast.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Yeah, me too. Sounds like a blast.
These are the kind of places I work with my 700M4.....right now in the west Texas Deserts...I love em! That's right, I get paid for having it at work. Mostly pays for itself.
Pictures makes it look smooth but a lot of the access roads are rough and there are a lot of steep climbs and deep powder (dirt like flour). I put between 30-40 miles per day on my 700 and clean my Uni Filter filter daily! Its a dirty job but someone has to do it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!
Can you guess what I do for work?

DSCN1334 DSCN1261

Last edited:
C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
These are the kind of places I work with my 700M4.....right now in the west Texas Deserts...I love em! That's right, I get paid for having it at work. Mostly pays for itself.
Pictures makes it look smooth but a lot of the access roads are rough and there are a lot of steep climbs and deep powder (dirt like flour). I put between 30-40 miles per day on my 700 and clean my Uni Filter filter daily! Its a dirty job but someone has to do it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!
Can you guess what I do for work?

View attachment 17266 View attachment 17267
I'd say you work for the gas industry. Specifically, pipelines. Excavator operator?

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Your guess at my occupation is mostly correct but I am not an Operator anymore......I am an inspector these days and loving it.

My 700M4 is getting ready to turn 8000 miles!

Reactions: Tflynn
C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Your guess at my occupation is mostly correct but I am not an Operator anymore......I am an inspector these days and loving it.

That sounds like a fun job.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

8000 miles, very good! I think you have the highest mileage pioneer I know of.

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Sorry, it just turned 7000 a few days ago not 8K. I have been putting 30 - 40 miles per day on this machine and to think they pay me a daily rate for my Honda at work....effectively paying for the machine.....if only this job lasted for about 8 more months the company would have paid me what I have in this machine. It might take another job or two to recoup my investment but I ain't complaining!

Is it easy driving around on this thing all day every day in harsh dusty (doors off) and sometimes like today and Monday, wet, muddy and cold(er) conditions? HELL YES it is easy to get around a pipeline ROW with it too! LMFO!

I love my job which we both (me and the Honda) just got extended a couple of more weeks!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!