Future Spy Photo - is this the Honda SxS Sport?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Today HondaSxS.com received this image titled "Performace Pioneer"!
At first, we were like... Ya whatever. Honda doesn't do "Performance".
Later in the day we were taking a second look and that's when we saw it.
WOOH... Is that a Honda 1000 engine in there.

Now, no other info is available so we can only speculate from here.
Let us know what you think below.

Spy

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You might end up like @ohanacreek and be without for 2 years. lol.

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh, I don't plan on selling the pioneer. I could sell the foreman for starters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Today HondaSxS.com received this image titled "Performace Pioneer"!
At first, we were like... Ya whatever. Honda doesn't do "Performance".
Later in the day we were taking a second look and that's when we saw it.
WOOH... Is that a Honda 1000 engine in there.

Now, no other info is available so we can only speculate from here.
Let us know what you think below.

View attachment 23197
Pretty sweet! But...At first glance I saw the fire extinguisher mounted to the role cage and assumed it was another Popo:confused:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
is that a turbo on there??? the series of pics looks like its showing a replacement of the intake box with a big stainless can...
Well out the top would be the intake/ pre filter, then the main airbox aluminum canister, however the square aluminum box on the left could be an intercooler after the air is filtered and going to intake manifold.

One can always hope. Would definately like to see a few more angles of this machine.

Reactions: joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well out the top would be the intake/ pre filter, then the main airbox aluminum canister, however the square aluminum box on the left could be an intercooler after the air is filtered and going to intake manifold.

One can always hope. Would definately like to see a few more angles of this machine.
that's my point... first 2 pics show the old black intake box, then the last pic shows that can where the old intake used to be... turbo would be inline or integral to the intake... come on, don't crush my dream here @JACKAL ...lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
that's my point... first 2 pics show the old black intake box, then the last pic shows that can where the old intake used to be... turbo would be inline or integral to the intake... come on, don't crush my dream here @JACKAL ...lol
The first two pics are Hondasxs showing you the current P1K vs. the spy photo in that the top edge of the engine appears to be the same 1000 CC engine.

I am as interested in the layout of the frame tubing, seats, rear suspension, as much as I am the fabricated aluminium intake system.

This could be an HRC (or private build) setup prepping for the Baja 1000 in January too. Time will tell, would love to see Honda seize this opportunity and go for the performance jugular in a machine that works well East of the Mississippi as much as desert SW.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The first two pics are Hondasxs showing you the current P1K vs. the spy photo in that the top edge of the engine appears to be the same 1000 CC engine.

I am as interested in the layout of the frame tubing, seats, rear suspension, as much as I am the fabricated aluminium intake system.

This could be an HRC (or private build) setup prepping for the Baja 1000 in January too. Time will tell, would love to see Honda seize this opportunity and go for the performance jugular in a machine that works well East of the Mississippi as much as desert SW.
that is definitely a long travel suspension... buts its gonna need more than 70hp to really blow my hair back...

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that is definitely a long travel suspension... buts its gonna need more than 70hp to really blow my hair back...

Considering the x3 is double the HP output of the 1000 in Pioneer form, just from a marketing standpoint it would need to put out at least 120, but with only 999cc to work with reliability becomes a concern. (Yes I know the Africa Twin version puts out more HP but it also uses it differently, there's a difference between moving 2000lbs on 4 wheels and 700lbs on 2)

I know there are plenty of reasonable/logical and maybe even legal reasons to stay under 999cc, but I'd selfishly like to see a torque-y 1200cc or so with as much reliable/usable horsepower as it could make.

D

Deleted member 3748

Why do people think Honda "doesn't do performance?" They have a long history of AMA championships. Is it just in the ATV and SxS market where they don't do performance?

S

slowandeasy

Jun 29, 2015
Palm Bay, FL
this is not a production model, look at the cage. this is DOM tubing that some sand dune guy is building on to the platform. looks like they've made improvements to some of the design flaws honda missed. maybe they'll slap an Africa head and cam on it? either way, this is someone's homebuilt on-off project.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

jermit

Nov 2, 2016
Santa Clarita
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That "aluminum canister" everyone is wondering about is just a (unique metal products) UMP air cleaner. A lot of offroad buggies use this air cleaner. It doesn't look like there's a turbo at all. Probably gunna be quick up top but I'm very interested in the torque curve they get from what looks like the cbr 1000 motor. The wait is on!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That "aluminum canister" everyone is wondering about is just a (unique metal products) UMP air cleaner. A lot of offroad buggies use this air cleaner. It doesn't look like there's a turbo at all. Probably gunna be quick up top but I'm very interested in the torque curve they get from what looks like the cbr 1000 motor. The wait is on!

CBR? Looks like a Pioneer motor to me. Twin cylinder 999cc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!