P700 Staying over here...

Johnny

Johnny

Jun 22, 2015
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I don't know, but I think I'm better off if I stay over here in the P-700 side of the forum where I "legally" belong.

After getting my 700-4 this year, getting a glass windshield, a winch, after market tires and wheels, hard roof, power steering and then recently a nice big ole plow whilst I wait for snow... a new forum arises... P1000!

The thing covered everthing my beloved 700 didn't have. Paddleshifting to go up a gear so that I can hear my soft spoken wife while cruising, or gear down to hit that hill.
The list goes on and on.
So I find myself straying, dreaming and flirting around with the cuter, hotter toy that has everything mine doesn't have.

FOLKS, I don't do well with temptation!
If I just would not have spent so much on so many accessories for the 700.

I did learn something though tonight on the P-1000 forum, HondaSxS told someone how to adjust the light switch on the brakes, which I will use because my brake lights wont come on until I'm standing on mine.
Is that excuse enough to peek back in on a forum in which I have no buisness going? Time will tell.

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
In the spirit of Teddy Roosevelt Balderdash! buy all the confidence / convenience you can afford. Just tell the wife how much quieter and better to 1000 rides. Pioneers are like beer you should have more than one to really enjoy yourself, one for work & one for play. See easy solution so you didn't waste all that time and treasure setting up your 700. :D

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
my brake lights wont come on until I'm standing on mine.
Sounds like a reason to trade it in, to me... haha...

These machines are similar in many ways. I have found a bunch of topics really cover all 3 machines vs just one model.
And, your welcome to peak into the 1000 section any time.
Hope to see you there!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im in the same boat as you. Led light bar, Walker evans shocks all around, Stereo, Roof , windshield, Rear window, 26" bighorns, 27" spare zillas, Plow, 4500lb super winch, Emp front bumper, all 4 soft cab doors, power steering, and 1000 miles in a year and a half. Id Love to get a 1000, but I have way too much into mine for as little as I ride it. Heck the way my Honda addiction is id have 30 grand into a 1000!

Reactions: swsebek and JACKAL
Johnny

Johnny

Jun 22, 2015
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Lol, ahh I did brush up against the door of 1000 that was sold in the showroom last time I was there. Even sit in it, man it was nice! I didn't tell my wife, but man o man!
Lets see, my daughter has 3 years left in college, doing the math, what could I get for my 700? Hmmm. See! It's already starting! ☺

Reactions: JACKAL
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to put mine on c.l. for $14,000. had the add all filled out then a little cloud popped in my head and started doing math, extra 5 grand just for the machine, then roof, winch, new plow, windshield and rear window, and that's the bare minimum id need to add. so $7,000 to Jump. I just paid mine off last month. Ill be able to justify it in 2 years Just had my 3rd son in Oct. so Im going to need an extra seat.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
Dang i been sitting and watching for over a year thinking i need to add stuff to my pioneer it's pretty much stock even stock tires still. looking at it this way i'm way ahead. lol

Reactions: Plumber32
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I like what JACKAL says about beer and work and play and whatever else he said.. You need two. Same boat Johnny and I got low gears and shifters too. I'm thinking I need to put the plow together for the 700 soon and wait for the snow. Decisions, decisions. Have fun!!!

S

smokinit

Jul 2, 2014
Don't EVER drive or ride in a 1000 until your ready to make the jump... I made that mistake over the weekend. And took a friends down the road. All I can say is I won't be happy until I have one... Which sucks for me because it will be a few years...

Reactions: swsebek
Johnny

Johnny

Jun 22, 2015
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Oh no! I thought about that...

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I was soooo dang close to pulling the trigger on a 700-4 after my neighbor drove buy with one. I said that's it! That was about the time I discovered this club and saw posts talking about some new bigger SxS coming. Glad I waited. And yes when I got to ride in a p1000 I was sold. Just sucks waiting til Spring....Maybe I will consider Feb or March Spring...I don't know we'll see. Ha!

Reactions: AndrewsSeed

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!