BOX1

P700 Throttle Peddle WTH were they thinking

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Every time I drive my pioneer, I thunk to myself who the heck designed the gas peddle and what the heck did their feet look like? Now I know nothing can be designed to make everyone confortable, but the way they made the gas peddle on these things was just no good for me. I've had my machine for a little over a year now and I've dealt with it until yesterday. I've seen some guys putting a 2x4 on the floor and I tried that (which works great) but I'm not a fan of loose items sliding around on the floor. My plan was to cut the peddle almost the whole way, bend it where I liked it and fill in the notch with steal and weld it up.
the peddle assy removed from the pioneer and cut in the desired location.
20160518 150031 zpsbwyxdbbe

A quick test fit, and I find that by doing this the peddle now hits the floor, so I drew a line and squared the two pieces up
20160518 150204 zpszyuayb7d

and welded it up
20160518 152747 zps8oah2iwd

I didn't get any before pics to compare to,but this is where the peddle sits now
20160518 155537 zpscp7vepgs

Full throttle
20160518 155549 zpsfbv1dx0k

A quick spin around the yard and I could tell already Its going to be real nice on the rough arse trails around here, more of foot can now be flat on the floor and use the corner on my shoe on the peddle, so much more comfortable.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm rely liking this idea! Thanks for sharing

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Good idea. I was thinking doing the same thing when ever I decide to go home!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Good idea. I was thinking doing the same thing when ever I decide to go home!
I"m so glad I finally did it, since I modified it,I've put a few hours riding time in on some really rough rock trails, so much better.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!