BOX1

P1000 Vent Line Question

blaplant

blaplant

Nov 28, 2016
Wesley Chapel FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to start by thanking everyone on this forum as you all have been a great help as this is my first Honda sxs as i switched over from the dark side (Rzr). I just finsihed installing running the vent lines (Fuel, Front Dif, Rear Dif, Coolant Fan, and Sub Tran). I connected the front dif and fan together and ran up the front bar. I connected the Rear dif, fuel, and Sub Tran together and run up the rear bar. My question for everyone is what are you putting at the end of the lines to help stop critters from entering vent lines? I was thinking the tiny inline fuel filters on both what are your thoughts?

Reactions: AKRider and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wanted to start by thanking everyone on this forum as you all have been a great help as this is my first Honda sxs as i switched over from the dark side (Rzr). I just finsihed installing running the vent lines (Fuel, Front Dif, Rear Dif, Coolant Fan, and Sub Tran). I connected the front dif and fan together and ran up the front bar. I connected the Rear dif, fuel, and Sub Tran together and run up the rear bar. My question for everyone is what are you putting at the end of the lines to help stop critters from entering vent lines? I was thinking the tiny inline fuel filters on both what are your thoughts?
The tiny fuel filters will be fine, or you can use air filters for chainsaws and weed eaters.

Reactions: adnoh and Eltobgi
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You also need to vent the rear diff cable adjustment box.

Reactions: popeye
blaplant

blaplant

Nov 28, 2016
Wesley Chapel FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You also need to vent the rear diff cable adjustment box.
perfect thank you guys for replying. Is it ok if i tie that one in with the fuel, rear dif, and sub tran line so i only have one Hose going up the roll bar?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
perfect thank you guys for replying. Is it ok if i tie that one in with the fuel, rear dif, and sub tran line so i only have one Hose going up the roll bar?
I vented the fuel tank on my foreman the other day(long story). I debated weather or not to tie it in to the rear diff, mostly because it was the easiest way, but I decided to just give the gas tank it's own vent line. @joeymt33 what do you think?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I vented the fuel tank on my foreman the other day(long story). I debated weather or not to tie it in to the rear diff, mostly because it was the easiest way, but I decided to just give the gas tank it's own vent line. @joeymt33 what do you think?

I can't give any reason why they should be separate but I have kept mine separate.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran all of mine together and up the ROPS bar on the passenger side. In my opinion the fuel tank fumes are going to vent up and away, can't see how they could vent down. Plus the heat from th transmission actually creates pressure, further making it most difficult for the fuel fumes to find their way to the transmissions or differentials. But, that is just my opinion... LOL

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Personally I don't like the idea of the fuel tank vent being tied in with anything else. Just my $.02.

Reactions: AKRider and sharp
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone ran the vents into the rops and opened a vent hole up top?
Almost. I vented the fuel tank and sub trans separately up to the roof but didn't go through the roof. I teed the front different and radiator breather together up to the roof. I also teed the rear diffs with the mode adjust. Again all these to the roof. I used the chain saw filters on the ends. I'm pretty sure it was @Joeymt that gave me that idea.

J

JTW

Almost. I vented the fuel tank and sub trans separately up to the roof but didn't go through the roof. I teed the front different and radiator breather together up to the roof. I also teed the rear diffs with the mode adjust. Again all these to the roof. I used the chain saw filters on the ends. I'm pretty sure it was @Joeymt that gave me that idea.
I meant using the Rops as your conduit from the bottom to the top of the machine.. as in run a short hose into the rops low and then drill a hole at the top of the rops for it to vent from.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I meant using the Rops as your conduit from the bottom to the top of the machine.. as in run a short hose into the rops low and then drill a hole at the top of the rops for it to vent from.
Nope. Didn't do that... lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would clean.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!