P700 Vent Lines

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm working on extending my vent lines on my P700-4. I found the front diff, rear diff, fan (if it is clear LOL), and fuel. I can't seam to locate sub trans. Anybody got any pointers? I found instructions for the 1000 but not the 700. Am I missing anything?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm working on extending my vent lines on my P700-4. I found the front diff, rear diff, fan (if it is clear LOL), and fuel. I can't seam to locate sub trans. Anybody got any pointers? I found instructions for the 1000 but not the 700. Am I missing anything?
That's because the 700 does not have a separate sub trans vent. the sub trans is built into the crankcase on this unit.
Thanks.

Reactions: Tflynn
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's because the 700 does not have a separate sub trans vent. the sub trans is built into the crankcase on this unit.
Thanks.
Ok got ya thanks! So I should have everything I need vented?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like you got it all covered. How did the snorkel come out?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sounds like you got it all covered. How did the snorkel come out?
Unfortunately I haven't had time to make it yet. I was already at the auto store the other day so I picked up some vent lines. Hopefully within the next week I can make it to Lowes to get the material. I figured I'd go ahead and knock out the vent lines so all I'll have left is configuring the snorkel.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Unfortunately I haven't had time to make it yet. I was already at the auto store the other day so I picked up some vent lines. Hopefully within the next week I can make it to Lowes to get the material. I figured I'd go ahead and knock out the vent lines so all I'll have left is configuring the snorkel.
Oh ok I thought you were going to run the vent lines into the snorkel. Post pics when it's done.

Oh and some people extend the overflow tube for the radiator so it doesn't suck foreign water into the cooling system. I don't know if I would go that far but some do.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh ok I thought you were going to run the vent lines into the snorkel. Post pics when it's done.

Oh and some people extend the overflow tube for the radiator so it doesn't suck foreign water into the cooling system. I don't know if I would go that far but some do.
Nah I'm just running them about eye level while seated. I honestly don't plan on ever running in water over the seat. I'm doing it more as a precautionary thing. Yes sir I'll definitely post up some pics when I get it finished.

Reactions: Tflynn
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
do you recall the tubing size for the vent lines? Also curious where you ran them.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
do you recall the tubing size for the vent lines? Also curious where you ran them.
Pretty sure the size was 7/16". I put some little mower fuel filters on the end to keep junk out. I then zip tied them inside the metal triangle that holds the factory seat belt.

Reactions: Dragon21
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Pretty sure the size was 7/16". I put some little mower fuel filters on the end to keep junk out. I then zip tied them inside the metal triangle that holds the factory seat belt.

7/16"?

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
7/16 or 7/32? I think i saw somewhere about using windshield washer fluid tubing

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
7/16 or 7/32? I think i saw somewhere about using windshield washer fluid tubing
Sorry I do think it was 7/32". I took a piece in to Autozone and got as close as I could.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!