Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
  • Second video, @:56, You can see the I-4WD in work.
  • Underdash storage will be available for non LE models.
  • NEW under the seat storeage. @2:00 (how did she open that seat so easy?)

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Notice any under the seat additions?
Upload 2016 12 6 23 21 26

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wonder if the storage items will fit the 2016 models?

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if the storage items will fit the 2016 models?

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

Good question. I'm wondering if that area isn't a little smaller and the electronics are behind it. Under seat, that is.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Good question. I'm wondering if that area isn't a little smaller and the electronics are behind it. Under seat, that is.
Watch the video close. You can see the "bucket" is indented where the electronics are on the 16. Bet they may have just rearranged them but there still in that location.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Watch the video close. You can see the "bucket" is indented where the electronics are on the 16. Bet they may have just rearranged them but there still in that location.

I thought so. Kind of hard to see on my tablet and phone. Guess I need to get on the Mac... lol

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks like they moved the rubber flap to the middle instead of the driver side and there is a container under the drivers seating position. I agree it looks like it could be used in the 2016 models. If so, I will definitely get one.

Also the seat is now magical and doesn't require the latch to be used to pull it up anymore. :)

I also noticed that he said that the I4WD "CAN provide as much drive force as a locking differential". Which is true, in theory, but in practice, it doesn't/can't. If you had one wheel completely free spinning in the air with no traction at all and and you applied the brake to that wheel and made it come to a complete stop, the torque "would go" to the other wheel. But in actual practice, traction is variable and will "jump" back and forth from wheel to wheel as each one gains and loses traction. Applying the brakes in that situation will hurt you as you will lose wheel speed while a locked front will always be rotating and whichever wheel happens to have traction at that time will get all the torque.

But it will be better than just a limited slip front diff and it will not require you to stop and it will be easier to steer than a locked front diff.

Last edited:
Reactions: CashMoney and JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well tried to get the under dash cargo setup but no part numbers yet probably won't see them till the release.

Reactions: JTW and Crow_Hunter
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@2:50 in the first video, notice where the Warning label is now. Looks like that cubby hole just got closed up.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like I'm glad I bought a 2016!!

Whats different between a 2016 1000 deluxe and a 2017 1000 deluxe? Upgraded clutch? more storage? Thats about it.

Whats different between a 16 Deluxe and a 17 LE, ALOT....

For someone like myself who does'nt go mudding, an actual trail system doesn't exist @ here. And it will be a cold day in hell if I have to trailer my machine in order to ride it.

Driving to work everyday, hauling wood, plowing snow, burning ditches and casual rides @ the farms. thats what I do with mine

I look at the "hill assist" as a parking brake, Electronic braking to help with large loads when hauling and the I-4wd a plus. I have @1600 miles on mine and have yet to "lock the front differential"

Upgraded clutch, illuminated switches,fox shocks...I could give 2 s***s about the a-arm guards and skid plate.. already have a front bumper.

They keep it under 20K and i'll be buying it.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I had to see it to believe it - NO DIFF LOCK at all.
Turf, 2wd and i4wd.

The electronic break distribution and hill assist might be nice but not at the expense of locking diffs.

The non-LE models look good to me - almost as nice as my 2016 model.

Diff lock

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

Whats different between a 2016 1000 deluxe and a 2017 1000 deluxe? Upgraded clutch? more storage? Thats about it.

Whats different between a 16 Deluxe and a 17 LE, ALOT....

For someone like myself who does'nt go mudding, an actual trail system doesn't exist @ here. And it will be a cold day in hell if I have to trailer my machine in order to ride it.

Driving to work everyday, hauling wood, plowing snow, burning ditches and casual rides @ the farms. thats what I do with mine

I look at the "hill assist" as a parking brake, Electronic braking to help with large loads when hauling and the I-4wd a plus. I have @1600 miles on mine and have yet to "lock the front differential"

Upgraded clutch, illuminated switches,fox shocks...I could give 2 s***s about the a-arm guards and skid plate.. already have a front bumper.

They keep it under 20K and i'll be buying it.
I don't even think there is more storage on the 17 deluxe.. the hill assist won't be a parking break but rather a left foot on the break as you give it gas. The I-4WD I see advantages and disadvantages I would prefer it to regular 4x4 but a locked front diff it most certainly is not. The shocks are a nice add in my mind but from my standpoint I'd rather add aftermarket parts and have better protection and options than what the le will provide. All for less money!

Reactions: ghost
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even think there is more storage on the 17 deluxe.. the hill assist won't be a parking break but rather a left foot on the break as you give it gas. The I-4WD I see advantages and disadvantages I would prefer it to regular 4x4 but a locked front diff it most certainly is not. The shocks are a nice add in my mind but from my standpoint I'd rather add aftermarket parts and have better protection and options than what the le will provide. All for less money!

My point is: Your glad you bought a 16 because the 17 has an upgraded clutch (or ECU?) and "mode memory". And thats something you wouldnt be interested in? I'd be suprised if the deluxe price goes up at all, if it does maybe $200?

The 16 and 17 Deluxe are basically the same. You dont want all the bells and whistles buy a "standard" you want some bells and whistles buy a "deluxe" You want all the bells and whistles buy an "LE".

I can see the "hill assis"t be used as a parking brake. In the sense that if I come to a stop and need to get out of the machine to pick something up or walk to the back of the machine to grab a beer, instead of putting it into park i'd keep it in gear and hit the button. How long does it hold? we dont know yet. I see it for uses like that because I am sick of putting the 16 in park then going back to drive and haveing to put it back into MT or sport, but its all a mute point now that it has mode memory!!

You do alot of riding going from park to reverse to drive etc..that mode memory alone makes me consider upgrading to a 17 especially when it comes to plowing snow, which I do in MT, drive to reverse and constantly haveing to push that damn MT button!! Very curious to see what the prices will be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!