BOX1

P700 Washing

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just a general question(s) on washing the ol' side by side. Is it ok to spray the inside of the cab with hose or pressure washer or the electronics going to get messed up? Since this is my first SxS I am not 100% sure and do not want to cause any electrical problems. The other question is what do most people use to wash their SxS, a hose or pressure washer? I'm thinking pressure washer would be best.

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Just a general question(s) on washing the ol' side by side. Is it ok to spray the inside of the cab with hose or pressure washer or the electronics going to get messed up? Since this is my first SxS I am not 100% sure and do not want to cause any electrical problems. The other question is what do most people use to wash their SxS, a hose or pressure washer? I'm thinking pressure washer would be best.
Russel I use a good old water hose and brush to clean mine. I don't see how you can keep one clean without spraying the inside down. I don't soak my electronics directly but they do get wet and no issues to date. This machine is fairly simple electronically and should last a long while with no issues unless your a submariner.

Russel

Russel

Apr 26, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Russel I use a good old water hose and brush to clean mine. I don't see how you can keep one clean without spraying the inside down. I don't soak my electronics directly but they do get wet and no issues to date. This machine is fairly simple electronically and should last a long while with no issues unless your a submariner.
Thanks! I just have been spraying it down. Just nervous that I will get an electrical problem.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't use a pressure washer, they do work better but I fear they might put water where it shouldn't be. I do lightly spray the dash of my Pioneer and haven't had any issues.

As for soap, try Castrol SuperClean. It's $8 a gallon at Walmart and I put it in a pump up sprayer 50/50 with water and spray it on after rinsing the heavy mud off.

I'm on well water at my house and I ran a 1" line to a large boiler spigot and then use a 3/4" hose. It's not high pressure but the volume is great.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
garden hose most of the time sometimes pressure washer don't get to close with pressure washer it can do damage. inside is ok to get wet.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use Blue Wolf I don't know who all on here has seen it because it's a local company. It's in all our local stores it cuts coal dirt and mud like no ones business, I even use it to clean greasy transmissions and engine parts it's pretty much like purple power but stronger. I mix it in a garden sprayer 50/50 like @joeymt33 with the castrol stuff. It's the only way I've always cleaned my rancher in addition of a pressure washer with no issues but I usually ride it around alittle to dry it out some. My p7-4 gets the same treatment and I spray everything except the tail pipe.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
P700m4 - best way to clean?
I think the pressure washer would be fine as long as you don't spray bearings and under the seat where the computer and gas tank are.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Oh and welcome to the Club!

Reactions: monbecca
Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Blue Wolf I don't know who all on here has seen it because it's a local company. It's in all our local stores it cuts coal dirt and mud like no ones business, I even use it to clean greasy transmissions and engine parts it's pretty much like purple power but stronger. I mix it in a garden sprayer 50/50 like @joeymt33 with the castrol stuff. It's the only way I've always cleaned my rancher in addition of a pressure washer with no issues but I usually ride it around alittle to dry it out some. My p7-4 gets the same treatment and I spray everything except the tail pipe.
Yep. Blue Wolf is good stuff. Made locally by local people. Shawn is the owner and has worked hard to make it a success. It is a American Product so if you get a chance give it a try.

Image Image

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I pressure wash mine and have all of my machines. As Bobbyhill stated stay away from bearings. Cover exhaust opening and easy across the seats it'll take the covering off the foam. Carful around any shocks as well including the bed shock and tilt steering.Basically be careful around anything that spins or moves up/down via rubber seal. All the factory electronics are sealed pretty well but just glance across that stuff at a distance. I've added a lot of electronics to many vehicles no problems but use common sense at the distance your at. Sometimes a hose with a nozzle can do more damage then a 3000 psi pressure washer at 3ft. It's all about the distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tflynn
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!