BOX1

P700 Wet Sounds Stealth-10 Ultra V2

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi gang,

I just ordered the Wet Sounds Stealth-10 Ultra V2 sound bar. Crutchfield has it on sale for $600(ends today). Originally $750. Anyway, reviews seemed good.

So while I am waiting for it to arrive, just wondering if anyone already has one? And if so, can you tell/show me how you mounted it. I would prefer to mount it across the front roll bar, but not sure if there will be room with my rear view mirror. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I was in the 1000 forum where they were talking about the Stealth-10, and the one person mentioned these clamps. I found them on Amazon. Very nice. They worked awesome. Well worth the money, and would work well with mounting anything.
Clamps

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
20151207 182411 resized
20151207 182435 resized
I got the bar mounted, now I have to finish the wiring. FYI, I swapped out the L bracket that came with the clamps for the L bracket that came with the sound bar.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't see a way to use the clamps with the factory clamps I had on my 1000 for the poly roof and the poly windshield.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I didn't see a way to use the clamps with the factory clamps I had on my 1000 for the poly roof and the poly windshield.
Why, did it interfere with the windshield or roof clamps, or you couldn't figure out how to bolt the factory Stealth-10 L bracket to the clamps mentioned above? If it interfered with the windshield/roof clamps, then I'm not sure what to tell you. It worked out perfect on the 700, as you can see in my pics. Wetsounds does sell some brackets that fit in the grove on the back. You can position those anywhere.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It interfered with the factory brackets made on to the windshield/roof. I simpler drilled through the roof and sandwiched large washers. It's tight and doesn't wobble at all.

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
Just finished the wiring of this thing and just wanted to gripe. Does anyone else hate how the nut and bolt on the battery connect. The freakin nut drops down to the bottom. Since I've added the Honda wiring harness & the soundbar to the battery connections, the nut isn't long enough to reach it when it's sitting at the bottom. So, you have to jury rig some flathead screwdrivers under the nut to raise it up so the bolt can start to get threaded. Just seems like a stupid design.

Ok, rant over. Everything is hooked up and working well.

Reactions: Tflynn
MaleRN28US

MaleRN28US

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 1, 2015
Roanoke, Indiana
Just finished the wiring of this thing and just wanted to gripe. Does anyone else hate how the nut and bolt on the battery connect. The freakin nut drops down to the bottom. Since I've added the Honda wiring harness & the soundbar to the battery connections, the nut isn't long enough to reach it when it's sitting at the bottom. So, you have to jury rig some flathead screwdrivers under the nut to raise it up so the bolt can start to get threaded. Just seems like a stupid design.

I know its frustrating but its better to be able to do it yourself! You should hear me swearing when I do "projects" and my wife has learned to stay out of the same area when I am working on something frustrating. There is the occasional video of me working on stuff so I can see just how dumb I sound while doing the work though. Wife says it keeps me "grounded."

HondaTim

HondaTim

Feb 8, 2014
Can we get a sound video lol please

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2

Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!