What tire pressures are you running with the stock tires?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Title says it all.

I know what is good for quads, but this here SxS thing is a whole new ball game. Yes, i know the owners manual has recommendations, but i am interested in a nice ride rather than CYA-handling/lawyer garb.

I'm thinking maybe 8 PSI is good to start ?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: What tire pressures are you running with the stock tires

I would love to here what others say too. I have stuck to manufacture recommendations so far.
I haven't been riding enough to get a feel on different pressures just yet.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Re: What tire pressures are you running with the stock tires

Dont want to be too light. May cause more of the issues Hondasxs talked about. Pinching the tires I think.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I am running 7 psi in all four tires. It rides better ( not that it rode bad) it handles better and has better grip. The tires fold much better on rocks. There is no need to run at factory specs. If you are constantly putting heavy loads in the bed then higher pressure is needed otherwise lower pressures are not gonna hurt anything.

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I've got 4500 miles on mine and I run 5 psi in all the tires. Ride and traction improvement with no adverse effects. Also remember when you go up in elevation the tire pressure increases. So you may start out with a acceptable pres but if you ride where there's a good increase in elevation you may notice a harsher ride and loss of traction.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!