Which Mirror(s) Do You Use?

Do you prefer side mirrors or center mirror?

• Total voters
RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just need to figure out which size. I'll email the company and get some more info. Anyone know the diameter of the roll cage to keep me from going down to the shop and measuring? I'd like a tight fit and the 2" seems too big to use spacers. I don't think the 1.75" will fit though.

I think I saw where the Honda roll cage is just under 1.75" (about 1.625"). In other words, 1/8" less diameter that 1.75". I wish they made it in the size that fit it perfectly! However, I think a thin shim material will work just fine. I've done it on various things over the years.

Let us know what you find out from the company!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw these mirrors today on a RZR:

A little pricey, but without a doubt they are the most impressive mirrors I've ever seen. I had dismissed even considering side mirrors because of the types of trails I regularly ride (narrow, lots of limbs, etc.). However, these mirrors have me reconsidering! My Honda inside mirror is great, but I sometimes miss having side mirrors. The lifetime warranty on these seems fantastic!

Has anyone ever used these mirrors? I was looking at my P700-4 with soft doors & Honda tilt-out windshield and I think these mirrors would work fine. I'd just need to add a spacer (inner-tube, rubber, tape, etc.) because of the slightly smaller Pioneer roll-bar diameter.

Company web site: http://www.seizmik.com/www1/seizmik...&page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=4&Itemid=89

Can vouch they looked pretty stout won't get caught between roll cage and tree like the Kolpin. Prob going to get a set since my passenger mirror didn't survive the pinch.

Just need to figure out which size. I'll email the company and get some more info. Anyone know the diameter of the roll cage to keep me from going down to the shop and measuring? I'd like a tight fit and the 2" seems too big to use spacers. I don't think the 1.75" will fit though.

Mic'd it in 5 places along the A-Pillar this was the average
1.6475", 1-41/64", 41.85mm

Supposed to be 41mm

Reactions: GSPKurt
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's good news. I could work with those tolerances. The 1.75" version would be good. Thanks for helping out a lazy person.

Reactions: ohanacreek
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I decided on the Kolpin mirrors. They fit my needs perfectly.

Did you consider the Seizmik mirrors when you purchased the Koplin? If so, why did I choose Koplin?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@joeymt33 you actually need 1.625". But they don't make them. You should get the 1.75. You might can contact them and ask of they have any spacers. If not make a rubber spacer out of a old inner tube. It will work great.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Honda OEM center,and I love it.I use ATVTEK side mirrors,and they take a beating from my dogs "rabbit"exits

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am not convinced that I need mirrors. I think mirrors are like brakes, they only slow you down! I know some of you guys are riding them as street legal, that would work nicely but I don't see the worth on the trail. but that's just me.

Reactions: joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am not convinced that I need mirrors. I think mirrors are like brakes, they only slow you down! I know some of you guys are riding them as street legal, that would work nicely but I don't see the worth on the trail. but that's just me.
The only time I need them is while driving from field to field on the road, just to make sure there isn't someone barreling down on me as I'm slowing down to turn off into the field. But as for trail riding, I fold them back or take them off.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RunningBear

RunningBear

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I still haven't ordered the Seizmik mirrors. I'd hoped someone else would get them first and confirm how they worked on the Pioneer 700 :). I did talk to my friend who has them on his RZR, and he said they came packaged with several shims/spacers.

The main time I could use outside mirrors is when I'm backing in close quarters, especially on the passenger side. They would also be handy when I have a high load in my bed that blocks the inside center mirror.

The rear camera looks interesting, especially for the price. It would be great when hooking to a trailer! Would have to think about where to mount the rear camera and how to wire in the reverse gear positive trigger. Could probably just use a simple switch to turn it off and on as desired.

Maybe the new flagship Pioneer that's rumored to be announced early tomorrow morning will include an OEM backup camera as well as auto-dimming rear-view mirrors with a defroster!!

Reactions: ohanacreek
D

dsl

Jun 11, 2015
I think I want the center view mirrow, have the top on but no bag. This way brush wont hit mirrows on the side.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I think I want the center view mirrow, have the top on but no bag. This way brush wont hit mirrows on the side.
yeah the brush wacking the side mirrors in all the time is a PIA. I think the rear view camera would also be good if you should have to back up in an area littered with rocks stumps or what ever. I've backed into a few things (rocks, stumps) because they were hiding right behind

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, I've got about 40 miles on the Seizmik mirrors now. 30 of which came today. I really like them a lot. I intentionally hit them against tree limbs and brush and even a tree and they do not loose their setting. When they get knocked in, I just pushed them back out and they lock into the previous location. They don't vibrate with the engine vibration or rattle when riding. They are great. They are also very heavy duty, I wasn't expecting them to be that heavy. I just wish that Seizmik made another size clamp. I used some 3M double sided moulding tape to take up the slack between the roll bar and clamp which works ok.

900c81f2e3898b0ec83d4902878389f3

F6b6fe12d3881ad6be84f9a60e8c3177

7d4190ee8ecdf563c33ec192c22de525

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Has anyone tried the seizmik mirrors with hondas soft doors, after looking at joeys picture I don't think the two will work together?

Lynn

Lynn

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Yakima,WA
I like the interior mirror, It works very well for me, but in Washington, to ride some Forest Circus roads you have to be street legal, which means I will have to add side mirrors and Turn Signals. But if I lived in ID,MT or OR I wouldn't have to be street legal. Figure that one out, It makes no sense at all, the Federal agencies should be the same in all states, they have the exact same rules and regulations!!! THAT"S MY RANT FOR TODAY> Oh yea we can't ride all FS roads just some designated ones. WHAT?

Reactions: GSPKurt
SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!