BOX1

Maxxis VIPR

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
OK, so I recently got Maxxis VIPR tires on my Pioneer. 26x9-12 and 26x11-12 with 12x7 (5-2) steel rims. They weight the exact same as the stock wheel combo. I ran 10 psi front, 12 psi rear.

As those who have read my other posts know, I have been driving in deep snow lately so my feedback will be based on that. I mostly bought these tires to improve ride quality. but snow pretty much takes care of the bumps, so I can't comment on smoothness right now. Traction in snow though is quite incredible, much better than stock tires. Problem wit such aggressive tires is that as soon as you lose momentum, the wheel dig in and the Pioneer will lay on its belly - you're stuck! It happened twice today (note to self: bring along shovel I bought for this exact purpose next time).

Overall very pleased with the tires. I did not feel any noticeable impact on power or acceleration from the diameter change.

10spoke

Oct 8, 2013
How are these tires holding up? Still like them? Been looking at these tires, still undecided.

C

chuck

Dec 14, 2013
Yes, still like them a lot. More comfortable than stock and these are rated for heavy sxs machines. Max loading weight is something I considered when choosing a tire. Used them in snow all winter and recently on rocks. I would definitely recommend them, but can only compare to stock.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!