Ride report for the day.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
drove a good long while today almost 80 miles. major complaint thus far, the throttle sensitivity needs to be cut in half when in low range. lots of the roads i go i average 10-15 mph. over rocks, and each rock pushes machine and the go peddle, so it's not easy to make a smooth ride out of it. i struggled with this most of the day. even bracing my leg and knee against the center frame work didn't make it a whole lot better. The can-am has an ECO mode, the honda needs something similar.

ground clearance is awesome, so much better than the commander. And i really like the seats.

slow rock crawling is easy no worry of burning a belt, clutch actuation is nice and smooth and predictable. i liked it. just don't come off a rock and goose the gas, then the machine lurches forward!.

All in all was a great time today, ended up headed out to a desert spot and found a small water berm and jumped a few times. only a few feet,
speed limited to 74, when you hit 75 it fuel cuts to slow you, so you bounce between 74-75.

next trip out will be with out a rear sway bar. see how it does in the rocks then.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
drove a good long while today almost 80 miles. major complaint thus far, the throttle sensitivity needs to be cut in half when in low range. lots of the roads i go i average 10-15 mph. over rocks, and each rock pushes machine and the go peddle, so it's not easy to make a smooth ride out of it. i struggled with this most of the day. even bracing my leg and knee against the center frame work didn't make it a whole lot better. The can-am has an ECO mode, the honda needs something similar.

ground clearance is awesome, so much better than the commander. And i really like the seats.

slow rock crawling is easy no worry of burning a belt, clutch actuation is nice and smooth and predictable. i liked it. just don't come off a rock and goose the gas, then the machine lurches forward!.

All in all was a great time today, ended up headed out to a desert spot and found a small water berm and jumped a few times. only a few feet,
speed limited to 74, when you hit 75 it fuel cuts to slow you, so you bounce between 74-75.

next trip out will be with out a rear sway bar. see how it does in the rocks then.
74-75?
I'm assuming you have a Talon?

Reactions: sharp
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This post being in the talon sub forum is what tipped me off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL...opps. I always use the recent posts link and look for the banners.

That's one Talon in AZ for sure. Keep waiting to see the 1st out on the trail.

Reactions: nbomar