Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Tusk rear window installed. Didn’t have to move the sound bar so bonus there.

IMG 7914 IMG 7915

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Lastly (for now) installed side mirrors. I really hope these work out because they are way better than the cheap ones I put on the P1K5.

Spring back into place when hit but can still be folded for travel. Reasonably priced.

IMG 7918 IMG 7917 IMG 7916

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well the Tusk Harness wasn’t worth a crap. By day 2 the lap belt buckle was sticking so bad the wife needed help getting out. I told her if she got stuck again I was going to cut it out……New .50 cal harness’s on order.

IMG 7991

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Now that takeover is done and we are home, time for some electrical stuff. I didn't have time to do the electrical like I wanted in an organized planned out fashion. Instead I went with the easiest route which was the turnpro 40 amp relay/bus bar from the club store. Super easy install and worked great all week. However, the wife was annoyed that she had to restart the buggy, reconnect Bluetooth, play with the chase light etc every time we stopped/started up again.

The easy solution is the Aux/key on switch from the club store. I did this in the pioneer and it has worked great for a couple years. I think I want to keep the turn pro relay as I don't see me needing more than 40Amps anyway but I think I've confused myself on how to install the switch in conjunction with it vs a standard stinger/ fuse block.

Below is my working set up and the store diagram. The question is where do I attach the stinger and key on switch post?

Edit: Alright I believe this is what I need. Not sure why that had me so confused.

IMG 5474 IMG 7993

Last edited:
advertisement
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Just to put this in the correct thread, how do you guys keep multiple threads straight. I must be getting old.

First oil change completed, only 200 smiles/miles late thanks to takeover. The oil was surprisingly dirty for 300 miles. I checked the sub trans dip stick and that looked clear like new so I left it alone.

Also added the club store Aux power switch so the wife will be happy.

Edit: Almost forgot, I installed the jeep shifter boot mod with some longer screws in the shift gate. Seems like it should help close that hole up some.

IMG 8005

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!