The lower Ball Joint nut came off this weekend. L&W front arms.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Intrested in selling your old front diff 4x4 clutch? I have another idea I want to try besides deleting it but it requires a working diff clutch and mine is blown up and locked permanently. Oops!

Any problems fitting those aftermarket axles?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Intrested in selling your old front diff 4x4 clutch? I have another idea I want to try besides deleting it but it requires a working diff clutch and mine is blown up and locked permanently. Oops!?
I have planned to. I had the idea of $250 on ebay. But I'll take $200 shipped.

Any problems fitting those aftermarket axles]
?
Actually yes.
I had to grind down (bevel) the end because the spline channel was marred up going into the diff and would not go for one of them. Could of been me being too rough on the chinanezium also.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have planned to. I had the idea of $250 on ebay. But I'll take $200 shipped.

Actually yes.
I had to grind down (bevel) the end because the spline channel was marred up going into the diff and would not go for one of them. Could of been me being too rough on the chinanezium also.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

That works for me.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, I hate to see that. On a positive note you have a nice fill port for the front diff.

Stuff like this is a reminder to really look over the fine details of your suspension before heading out. I'm guilty as anyone, if I didn't mess with it, it should still be tight right? I've personally seen wheels come off, brake lines get cut, A-arms / ball joints like this all come unglued because the nuts spun off. Makes me cringe sometimes.

Glad you made it back, OK
Had a similar problem after installing SATV arms with the Keller ball joints. Thought I had everything adjusted and plenty tight and after a couple of rides noticed one of the lower ball joints was almost rubbing the wheel. Took it apart, readjusted everything and tightened everything again. No trouble since, but I always check before and during every ride now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!