Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Got the replacement midsection of the SATV flip screen installed, the upper cowl installed and some mirrors installed.
IMG 6431
IMG 6429
IMG 6430

For the mirrors I used this Amazon kit and inverted the rear view mirror. I hate this mirrors that hang down low, talon already has a small window if you will.

Gotta clean up the bottom on the windshield yet, install the 4pt harnesses in the rear seats, 42” light bar, and maybe a rear panel or screen. Still have to move the seat and notch the gas pedal.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I take it you're leaving the upper cage red?
Yep, for now. Just trying to get the machine running / trail ready. I need to be spending more time with my side hustle than tinkering on this thing.

Rear seat belts , the front seat move back, notch of gas pedal are for sure next and probably last things I’ll do until winter time. Maybe light bar and maybe the mud flares,

Then I can do some riding / testing of my designs yet this summer.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Any one have advice on what the alignment should be on a Talon x4?

I haven’t measured it yet, but it acts like it’s toed in a bit as it’s a bit twitchy on hard pack gravel road surfaces…on loose gravel / dirt / gravel it’s fine. No noticeable wear on the fronts to indicate excessive misalignment so far.

On my p1k5 I have it set at about 1/8” toe in and it acts similarly as well.

I’m able to keep it under control but likely less experienced riders in my family might get a bit over corrective and roll the machine.

I’m considering setting it to 1/8” toe out… any recommendations?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Any one have advice on what the alignment should be on a Talon x4?

I haven’t measured it yet, but it acts like it’s toed in a bit as it’s a bit twitchy on hard pack gravel road surfaces…on loose gravel / dirt / gravel it’s fine. No noticeable wear on the fronts to indicate excessive misalignment so far.

On my p1k5 I have it set at about 1/8” toe in and it acts similarly as well.

I’m able to keep it under control but likely less experienced riders in my family might get a bit over corrective and roll the machine.

I’m considering setting it to 1/8” toe out… any recommendations?
Does it have stock or aftermarket A-arms? 0 - 1/8" toe in has always worked for me with the exception of some L&W A-arms I tried, I couldn't get the front end under control no matter what, extremely twitchy and would try to put you in the ditch when you brake. Figured out the caster was way off giving it the shopping cart effect, swapped back to stock and problem solved. Now have the SATV fwd arms, they're good as well.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Does it have stock or aftermarket A-arms? 0 - 1/8" toe in has always worked for me with the exception of some L&W A-arms I tried, I couldn't get the front end under control no matter what, extremely twitchy and would try to put you in the ditch when you brake. Figured out the caster was way off giving it the shopping cart effect, swapped back to stock and problem solved. Now have the SATV fwd arms, they're good as well.
Stock suspension so far. Just has the 32” rock a billy tires on what looks like a set of Honda Talon front rims and a spacer in the rear.

I haven’t checked the tire pressure…seems a bit high when I give the tire the farmer check.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Stock suspension so far. Just has the 32” rock a billy tires on what looks like a set of Honda Talon front rims and a spacer in the rear.

I haven’t checked the tire pressure…seems a bit high when I give the tire the farmer check.
I run my fronts about 3-4 psi higher than the rears, this helps with the growl from the front diff when in 4wd. For comparison this is with 31x10 Carnivores on all 4 but I noticed this with the stock rubber also

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I run my fronts about 3-4 psi higher than the rears, this helps with the growl from the front diff when in 4wd. For comparison this is with 31x10 Carnivores on all 4 but I noticed this with the stock rubber also
The tires were all over the map. I set the rear at 10.5 and front at 12.5. I’ll give that a try. The factory number at 18 seems awful high for 32” tires. Didn’t have time to measure the alignment tonight.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Installed the rear 4 point harnesses, front already had them. They are aces racing from Amazon.

View attachment 428930
Tire pressures are like 'what oil should I run' questions.

I've ridden with guys who are happy with 3-4 lbs. in their 14" x 32" tires but when I'm riding with them, I'm running 10 rear, 9 front in my 15" x 30" tires (shorter sidewalls) and still hitting the rims 1 or 2 times a day. Our speeds vary from rock crawling to 'spirited' so I'm unwilling run lower pressures (beadlocks). Note that I'm talking about 2 seaters, lighter than your 4 seater.

scottkooch

scottkooch

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 26, 2021
SO MN
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Ordered a gas pedal assembly off eBay today. I’ll use it as my tester for changing the pedal geometry for us big foot types.
I'm very interested in what you come up with, with myself being a bit of a Bigfoot.

Reactions: Squeegee

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!