Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Both of our 2016 P1000's will stumble and sputter for about 5 seconds once out of every dozen starts or so. Not sure what it is. Maybe the same as yours?

Doesn't the manual say to press the accelerator partially while starting? The rough idle for me will clear up immediately after hitting the gas and not come back.

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Reactions: ChadD and sharp
C

Cambo

Jun 3, 2017
Denver colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah my idle doesn't change after giving it gas. The idle isn't terrible just a little rough and I was hoping it would improve with more time on the engine. Anyway time will tell.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum by the way. How many RPM is idle?

How many miles on the bike?

Has this problem existed since new or more recent?

CP: I've been saying that since that jack wagon was picking Legos from his turds:)

Reactions: sharp
C

Cambo

Jun 3, 2017
Denver colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SXS was picked up from the dealership about 6 weeks ago. It's a 2017 1000-5 delux and it now has 46 miles on it and about six hours. Like I say the idle is rough enough to make the doors rattle but I don't know if that's just the way they are ?

B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SXS was picked up from the dealership about 6 weeks ago. It's a 2017 1000-5 delux and it now has 46 miles on it and about six hours. Like I say the idle is rough enough to make the doors rattle but I don't know if that's just the way they are ?

The idle I don't know about but u can adjust rubber stops for door rattling. Doors also have a double latch to them so may want to push them in again after u hear first latch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Cambo

Jun 3, 2017
Denver colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have any conventional ethanol free gas in your area? I would try that..
Hi there,
I'm not sure if I can find a non ethanol fuel here in Colorado but that is worth considering.Maybe stepping up to an higher octane fuel would help.
Thanks guys.

J

JTW

Hi there,
I'm not sure if I can find a non ethanol fuel here in Colorado but that is worth considering.Maybe stepping up to an higher octane fuel would help.
Thanks guys.
Octane may help due to your elevation.. but I bet someplace has a high octane ethanol free around ya!

C

Cambo

Jun 3, 2017
Denver colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you all for this information. So I thought I would pose this question.
When you all purchased your machines did any of you notice an irregular idol ? I wouldn't say that my SBS is displaying a super erratic idle more of a slight off idle and yes in that 1300 RPM range. I also wouldn't say it idles like a singer sewing machine either. That's why I'm considering that this is how they all are. You guys tell me does your machine idle perfect or do you notice any variations ?
Thanks let me know your thoughts.

J

JTW

When you all purchased your machines did any of you notice an irregular idol ? I wouldn't say that my SBS is displaying a super erratic idle more of a slight off idle and yes in that 1300 RPM range. I also wouldn't say it idles like a singer sewing machine either. That's why I'm considering that this is how they all are. You guys tell me does your machine idle perfect or do you notice any variations ?
Mine is pretty smooth.. I'll try and get you a video

J

JTW

Reactions: sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine only does it when it's a very short run. Like backing it up 10' and shutting it off. The go restart it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!