BOX1

P1000 1000-5 windshield roof combo

N

nelson1033

May 9, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at getting a windshield and roof for my 2019 1000-5. After reading several threads about windshields and roofs I am concerned about back flow that the wrong combination might create. I carry 4-5 passengers most of the time and basically want to have some protection from bugs and rain. Not as concerned about dust but obviously the less dust the better. I like the wind in my face and the airy feeling of having no windshield or roof but realistically need some kind of limited protection.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from South FL!
Honda OEM Hard top and SATV Flip up windshield. The hard roof makes it it a bit louder in the cab compared to a bikini top, but it holds up real good on the trail. And the SATV windshield is awesome, best of both worlds

Pics!!

N

nelson1033

May 9, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from South FL!
Honda OEM Hard top and SATV Flip up windshield. The hard roof makes it it a bit louder in the cab compared to a bikini top, but it holds up real good on the trail. And the SATV windshield is awesome, best of both worlds

Pics!!
Thanks for your thoughts. Really excited I found this resource. Lots of good ideas on here.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes sir! Lots of good resources, ideas and great people, welcome aboard

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
P1000_DLux

P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Washington.

SATV flip windshield and SATV transparent top work pretty well for an open air feel, there is a little bit of dust but not too bad. SATV transparent roof is pretty good too, allows light in and is easy to clean.

P1000_DLux

P1000_DLux

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Washington.

SATV flip windshield and SATV transparent top work pretty well for an open air feel, there is a little bit of dust but not too bad. SATV transparent roof is pretty good too, allows light in and is easy to clean.
I am installing the back wind gaurd on due to the summer dust kicking up and there is more than previously thought. I have included the link to the back wall/dust cover I'm going to try. I will let you know how it works once I get it and have it installed +picture.

SteveinUT

SteveinUT

Sep 12, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitelty get a windshield that either flips up or is otherwise vented. I have a Tusk aluminum roof and Tusk glass full windshield. The full windshield is great in the winter. The rest of the year, I pull the windshield off because of the amount of dust I eat when the trails are dry.

P1000_DLux

P1000_DLux

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20200531 200721

Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
Looking at getting a windshield and roof for my 2019 1000-5. After reading several threads about windshields and roofs I am concerned about back flow that the wrong combination might create. I carry 4-5 passengers most of the time and basically want to have some protection from bugs and rain. Not as concerned about dust but obviously the less dust the better. I like the wind in my face and the airy feeling of having no windshield or roof but realistically need some kind of limited protection.
I have had a 1000-5 since 2016 and have been searching for the perfect combo myself. I have the OEM hard top and full soft doors and rear panel. I also alternate between a full glass window in the winter and a flip up poly windshield in the summer. Both have their place. I have searched high and low for a flip up glass windshield since I bought the machine with no luck. Until last week I found that "Hard Cabs makes their own flip up glass windshield that has been available since May of last year. They look great and will be ordering one soon. Also will sell my other 2 as this new one should fill all my needs. In hot dry summer days you need air flow. Winter I don't want any. The rear panel is a must summer or winter as it stops dust and snow from circulating back in from behind you. So far all the add-ons have worked with the OEM hard top. Hope this helps.

Reactions: nelson1033
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want the airflow you might try one of these "bug busters" or similar wind screen...

and an "alien shade" or similar roof...

EDIT....never mind, just reread the op and rain protection these are not.

Moneypit

Moneypit

Feb 26, 2016
Oregon
That new flip up glass is a 2 position winshield which will allow all the air flow I need plus is drill for a wiper.

Reactions: nelson1033
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitelty get a windshield that either flips up or is otherwise vented. I have a Tusk aluminum roof and Tusk glass full windshield. The full windshield is great in the winter. The rest of the year, I pull the windshield off because of the amount of dust I eat when the trails are dry.
Are you happy with the Tusk Roof? I do quite a bit of hunting and really need something that doesn’t rattle. Could you plz send a link ?

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SATV 2 piece flip windshield and an Alien Shade roof. No dust when the windshield is fully open. When partial or closed here comes the dust!

TumaloKeith

TumaloKeith

Jul 28, 2020
Powell Butte
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got my 1000-3 and am also looking at windshield options. Got this mostly for hunting. Even early season hunting at 5000+ ft elevation it can be near freezing in the morning, and then 90 degrees by afternoon. So need something for morning, but want it to open when it's hot.

It looks like most of the flip windshields are Poly, I don't know if that is a long term problem to see thru. Seems like many people recommend glass. But what about some windshields I see that fold down? Do they bang around on the hood? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got my 1000-3 and am also looking at windshield options. Got this mostly for hunting. Even early season hunting at 5000+ ft elevation it can be near freezing in the morning, and then 90 degrees by afternoon. So need something for morning, but want it to open when it's hot.

It looks like most of the flip windshields are Poly, I don't know if that is a long term problem to see thru. Seems like many people recommend glass. But what about some windshields I see that fold down? Do they bang around on the hood? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I've got the honda two piece hard coat. Its had 3500 miles and many hits. I dont have issues with scratching or swirling. I busted it a while back and will be replacing it with the satv flip up. The honda windshield doesn't allow as much airflow as I'd like when it's hot and to open or close the honda two piece you can plan to stop it's a bit of a pita.

Reactions: TripleB
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the honda two piece hard coat. Its had 3500 miles and many hits. I dont have issues with scratching or swirling. I busted it a while back and will be replacing it with the satv flip up. The honda windshield doesn't allow as much airflow as I'd like when it's hot and to open or close the honda two piece you can plan to stop it's a bit of a pita.
[/QUOTE
Good morning and thanks to all for the posts. Are you ( or is anyone) running an Aluminium or Steel Roof wit the SATV windshield .

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!