P1000 1000-LE lift do’s and dont’s with i-4wd?

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there! So I have 1000 LE that I want to lift just a bit to run 28/29 or even a 30 if possible but I’ve seen I few unclear post of issues lifting if the LE. From axle binding issues popping cv joints.. Would anybody have wisdom to drop on a new pioneer owner?? Thanks in advance!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
6000 miles on my LE no issues, wore out OEM rubber at 3600 miles, been running 28x10x14 since, no issues. Long story short, LE differentials are bigger, thus axels are shorter making a lift kit a no no. So if you want trouble free, nix the idea of anything bigger than true 28" tires. FYI OEM 27" is only 25.5" tall.

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6000 miles on my LE no issues, wore out OEM rubber at 3600 miles, been running 28x10x14 since, no issues. Long story short, LE differentials are bigger, thus axels are shorter making a lift kit a no no. So if you want trouble free, nix the idea of anything bigger than true 28" tires. FYI OEM 27" is only 25.5" tall.
Thank you for the info! That’s wild they are that short, I thought they seemed small for a 27 but never measured. No rubbing issues with the 28?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the info! That’s wild they are that short, I thought they seemed small for a 27 but never measured. No rubbing issues with the 28?
The bracket lift kits for regular Pioneer 1000 push stock CV joint angles to the limit as is, especially turning under power in difficult terrain, being too exuberant with the throttle pops them fairly easily, been there done that multiple times with a 2016 model. Didn't modify the LE at all, riding double the miles and zero issues.

I'm not saying you can't run a lift and 30" tires but I would highly discourage it if reliability in all conditions was a concern. Some people don't care, they just want it to look cool. Depends upon if you're build a trailer queen to show off or going to use it in difficult situations. It makes a significant difference on long term reliability.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
I have a 2019 LE, I did the SATV A-ARMS, no lift but I am running 30” tires that are about 28.5” with 12 pounds of air. So far no popping or snapping but I also don’t rip and tear on it. Am I gonna see any issues down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Longrod88302
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a 2019 LE, I did the SATV A-ARMS, no lift but I am running 30” tires that are about 28.5” with 12 pounds of air. So far no popping or snapping but I also don’t rip and tear on it. Am I gonna see any issues down the road?

It's hard to say, I'm guessing those are the 1.5" forward arms with 2" lift. It is possible it may bind at hard full turn and droop (tire off ground) it depends on the terrain, how sharp you turn and how much power you are applying. To break something you would probably have to be in a predicament that you have to power out of. Normal riding probably not, but people who spend that amount of money tend to drive in rougher terrain. Much depends upon if you did it for looks or really need the extra clearance for very rough terrain.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's hard to say, I'm guessing those are the 1.5" forward arms with 2" lift. It is possible it may bind at hard full turn and droop (tire off ground) it depends on the terrain, how sharp you turn and how much power you are applying. To break something you would probably have to be in a predicament that you have to power out of. Normal riding probably not, but people who spend that amount of money tend to drive in rougher terrain. Much depends upon if you did it for looks or really need the extra clearance for very rough terrain.
I went and looked At the Super ATV A Arms on there site, said nothing about a built in lift?

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019

A bit of looks but mostly for ground clearance and the ability to run a bigger tire for deep mud (on occasion) and snow.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A bit of looks but mostly for ground clearance and the ability to run a bigger tire for deep mud (on occasion) and snow.

Go to the Super ATV site and or call, that way you know for sure about the lift? When I went from 28" to 30" inch tires A Arms and shocks I gained around 1.75 inches clearance?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I went and looked At the Super ATV A Arms on there site, said nothing about a built in lift?
It is accomplished by shock mount location on the A arms vs. the OEM geometry. It's not an OMG it's going to break, but more of in certain conditions the CV can be stressed to point of failure.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It is accomplished by shock mount location on the A arms vs. the OEM geometry. It's not an OMG it's going to break, but more of in certain conditions the CV can be stressed to point of failure.
My shocks are still at factory angle, but I have wondered about moving the wheels forward 1.5 inches, guess that's why they come with steering stops, that I don't use, I'm very careful when turning sharp, The thing I don't like about the A Arms is it decreases turning ability. I would have considered just high clearance A Arms for stock tires and no forward off setif they would have had them?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
My shocks are still at factory angle, but I have wondered about moving the wheels forward 1.5 inches, guess that's why they come with steering stops, that I don't use, I'm very careful when turning sharp, The thing I don't like about the A Arms is it decreases turning ability.
Precisely, you should examine that statement, why steering stops if not needed? Why a larger turning radius if not necessary to prevent CV damage / failure? Everything has a reason and a trade off. One day you might regret not having the steering stops set correctly.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019

So, I just got off the phone with SATV and what they told me is that there is no, per say lift just 2 inches more ground clearance that is built into their A-ARMS (they do not effect the geometry of the suspension). I am no professional at all, just relaying the message. These were definitely overkill for my type of riding but I did not want to do a lift! Just wanted more ground clearance and bigger tires (very noticeable,positive difference in handing).

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So, I just got off the phone with SATV and what they told me is that there is no, per say lift just 2 inches more ground clearance that is built into their A-ARMS (they do not effect the geometry of the suspension). I am no professional at all, just relaying the message. These were definitely overkill for my type of riding but I did not want to do a lift! Just wanted more ground clearance and bigger tires (very noticeable,positive difference in handing).

No difference for me , I'm still stock width on the tires, I just wanted to shed the A Arm guards, held too much mud and debris that rubbed the boots?

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bracket lift kits for regular Pioneer 1000 push stock CV joint angles to the limit as is, especially turning under power in difficult terrain, being too exuberant with the throttle pops them fairly easily, been there done that multiple times with a 2016 model. Didn't modify the LE at all, riding double the miles and zero issues.

I'm not saying you can't run a lift and 30" tires but I would highly discourage it if reliability in all conditions was a concern. Some people don't care, they just want it to look cool. Depends upon if you're build a trailer queen to show off or going to use it in difficult situations. It makes a significant difference on long term reliability.
Yeah it’s definitely a used machine, ride trailed some swampy trails at times but not a submarine haha . I just had a few times that it bottomed out and I just want more ground clearance. As much as 30s and 32 look good on these it’s not worth it for me to have that possibility for a silly break while out with my wife n kiddos in bfe. I’m gonna go with a 28x10 and just adjust the coil overs it I have to for the extra clearance. Should not be anywhere near 2” I’m seing that’s probably the safest bet! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Smitty335
Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have read on an
Precisely, you should examine that statement, why steering stops if not needed? Why a larger turning radius if not necessary to prevent CV damage / failure? Everything has a reason and a trade off. One day you might regret not having the steering stops set correctly.
other post on the LE that if you don’t run the stops and you turn full lock it will pop the cv’s. I can’t verify accuracy but I wouldn’t doubt it with how much I’ve been finding out about the LE lately😅

Reactions: Drake213
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have read on an

other post on the LE that if you don’t run the stops and you turn full lock it will pop the cv’s. I can’t verify accuracy but I wouldn’t doubt it with how much I’ve been finding out about the LE lately😅
I very rarely go full lock and when I do it's very gently. The LE's have been out for a while, call Super ATV and ask if there's a difference in the thickness of the steering stops and if they have had any issues if you are still interested in A Arms, they will know.

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I very rarely go full lock and when I do it's very gently. The LE's have been out for a while, call Super ATV and ask if there's a difference in the thickness of the steering stops and if they have had any issues if you are still interested in A Arms, they will know.
Awesome I think I’ll do that, thanks for the good advice!

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
“UPDATE” from SUPER ATV.
Talked to a gentleman about the LE situations and rumors and gave me some clarity! He said you can absolutely run the forward A-arms on the LE without any binding or complications. However, if you combine the bracket lift with the a-arms he said they will absolutely bind. Also mentions you HAVE to run the spacers for the steering rack on it aswell. It does cut down lock to lock turning radius but IMO it’s well worth it. Also confirmed a true 28” tire will clear with zero interference on a 4+3 or a 5+2 wheel! Hope this helps!!🤟🏻

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
“UPDATE” from SUPER ATV.
Talked to a gentleman about the LE situations and rumors and gave me some clarity! He said you can absolutely run the forward A-arms on the LE without any binding or complications. However, if you combine the bracket lift with the a-arms he said they will absolutely bind. Also mentions you HAVE to run the spacers for the steering rack on it aswell. It does cut down lock to lock turning radius but IMO it’s well worth it. Also confirmed a true 28” tire will clear with zero interference on a 4+3 or a 5+2 wheel! Hope this helps!!🤟🏻

Salesman sell s***, that's what they do. Is he going to be there if it screws something up in BFE ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!