Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I apologize if this has been asked, I have searched but not found an answer.
Does anyone know what this plug is and also where is the tap for the 12v switched. I am certain it is in front of me but I cannot see the forest for the trees.
Thank you.
20200207 141853

H

HondaTech

The dummy red 4 pin is the Diagnostic Link Connector.

If your looking for a switched key on power, check the black/white wire inser the fuse box. It should be coming from the "ACC" fuse.

P

Pilot2016

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2019
Rockhill Sc
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m having the identical problem.
2018 P700-4 Deluxe bought Nov 19 used.
I bought the sub-harness from the store to provide a switched source. I can’t even find that plug coming from the cig lighter outlet that it's supposed to plug in to.

Looks like the power steering is tapped off of it????

Does anyone have a pic of that ACC fuse box wire you were talking about OR a picture of that plug for the sub harness that provides the switched power lead sold on this store???

One more question.
If I finally find a switched source, can I mount a six pack terminal strip and use it for all the relays and switches????

thx
Newbie😩😩

Reactions: Glock21user
Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought the sub-harness from the store to provide a switched source. I can’t even find that plug coming from the cig lighter outlet that it's supposed to plug in to.

Does anyone have a pic of that ACC fuse box wire you were talking about OR a picture of that plug for the sub harness that provides the switched power lead sold on this store???

One more question.
If I finally find a switched source, can I mount a six pack terminal strip and use it for all the relays and switches????

thx
Newbie😩😩
I never did find a plug after pulling half of the machine apart.
What I did though was to tap into the 12v wire for the acc. plug that is directly below your shifters.
The lead for that comes down in a smooth plastic wire covering that is zip tied to the frame crossmember right in the center under your hood.
I used the white/black tracer wire as a switched 12v source for my switches to trigger the relays.
There is nothing running off of the power steering that I can see, I also wouldn't tap into anything to do with steering or safety as a small short or backfeed when unexpected can cause a rather big issue either to a possible accident or financially or both.
Let us know if you need anything else, I will help as best as possible.
Lastly I am not fond of Stak-On connectors as a result every connection I made is soldered and heat shrunk with the exception of the back of my switches.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

One more question.

thx
Newbie😩😩

The Accesory connector you are looking for plugs directly into the back of the "Cigarette Lighter" style 12v outlet.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
The Accesory connector you are looking for plugs directly into the back of the "Cigarette Lighter" style 12v outlet.

That would explain my confusion, I was in error thinking that there was a accessory plug capped off and hanging somewhere.
Ultimately I just tapped into the same wire and made a hand wrapped harness from it.
Thanks @HondaTech for clearing up the confusion.
Some of us every now and again just miss the obvious.

Reactions: Mudwing
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry for the late reply.
For the store KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, 500, and Talon 1000.
500 & 700's its super easy. Its littlery right there under the hood/dash. Just unplug and plug this back inline.
You can identify it by the silver ring holding the socket to the firewall.

For the 1000 there are 2 ways and its a little more difficult.
If you are installing a switch panel, just cut the hole big enough to reach in and unplug it. Its right under this location, inside there will be a rubber flap, its under that.
OR.
Remove the passenger front tire. Sit up in the wheel well and you can easily access it. You can identify the cig-plug because it will have a silver ring around it holding it to the firewall. Unplug and plug the connector inline with it and the factory harness.

Last edited:
Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I will admit the plug once I got that far was super easy to access and utilize on my P700.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!