14” wheels dont always clear! Careful!!

T

TalonR180

May 19, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
With 14” wheels The upper A arm will rub the wheel when the suspension is compressed. I only realized after I took the front wheels off. They rub on both fronts and cut a groove in the wheel. I got new wheels and ground down the end of the arm. Easy fix. I ride primarily on the Oregon dunes. So lots of whoops and jumps and I use all the travel.
0155128C EFC3 4525 93B0 AEA29F30D97E
785EC07D 8E5C 45B0 889D 7D2BE2A66C61
785EC07D 8E5C 45B0 889D 7D2BE2A66C61

Reactions: BWAF and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yup, this is a know possibility on the R. Here is some more info and possible solution...

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
T

TalonR180

May 19, 2019
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon R
hey thats a good post, i wish i had that info early last year. These machines are tough!
I bought the wheels through my local dealer and WheelPros took responsibility for it and gave me new wheels.
My Talon is #180 and I got it last year ahead of the official release date. At the time I couldnt find a single person running paddles so I was running blind on which wheels and tires to run. I called dealers all over the west coast and internet giants and they all said, "we're not sure, tell us what you do and how it works out"
Aftermarket A arms may or may not be a good option, but it's an easy fix if you have a grinder and keep the stock set up.
With paddles I never have a problem climbing sand in 2 or 4 wheel drive.
I use low range unless i'm on the beach trying to get top speed up.

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
hey thats a good post, i wish i had that info early last year. These machines are tough!
I bought the wheels through my local dealer and WheelPros took responsibility for it and gave me new wheels.
My Talon is #180 and I got it last year ahead of the official release date. At the time I couldnt find a single person running paddles so I was running blind on which wheels and tires to run. I called dealers all over the west coast and internet giants and they all said, "we're not sure, tell us what you do and how it works out"
Aftermarket A arms may or may not be a good option, but it's an easy fix if you have a grinder and keep the stock set up.
With paddles I never have a problem climbing sand in 2 or 4 wheel drive.
I use low range unless i'm on the beach trying to get top speed up.
Pretty sure aftermarket A-Arms will give plenty of clearance. At least the Super ATV ones will, they don't have that weird casting on the end...

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
that will help of that issue, but not the rock getting lodged in there and cutting groove. Better off getting 6/1 offset wheel and 1" spacer to get clearance on 14"

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
do you think that cast knob is supposed to be a mud scrapper for inside of the wheel?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!