H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Talon is amazing and so much fun to drive. Its hard to keep it under 50 mph in the fast sections. I still have the need for speed and can’t have any fun just putting around unless were doing some rock crawling. My suspension works a little bit better with my Suzuki in the back. I may add a bed extension with a continental spare tire on my 2020 Talon to get more weight in the back.

I’m hoping I will get to 20,000 miles without a break down. If Honda doesn’t have a new model next year I may keep it until 30,000 miles. It still runs just like new. The suspension and drive line is still tight and like new. The Honda 10w40 synthetic blend with Moly made an amazing improvement in shifting the sub trans. Anyone having difficult shifting needs to read the label on the oil. It does everything it says and then some.

I made another snorkel for my buddy and were using this pre filter from O’Reilly’s Auto Parts now. It comes oiled and ready for use. It should be good for 5,000 to 10,000 miles depending on how often you follow in the dust. For $32.00 its not worth cleaning so we will just replace it.

I’m doing the 14,000 mile oil change now. I raise up the passenger side slightly so the oil won’t run down the case onto the skid plate.

I tell the guys when you buy a Honda you need to take good care of yourself so you will live long enough to wear it out.

20191130 205152 resized
Moly Oil
C3378
20200514 153211 resized
20200514 153241 resized
20200514 161711 resized

W

Wilson1

Mar 25, 2020
Salt Lake City Ut
Ownership

1. Talon R
Would you be so kind as to post some more pictures of your snorkel please. Especially where it exits the body in the back. Thanks

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sweet. So the moly smooths shifts some?
Let's be VERY clear here. Thu Moly oil helps shifting into R, H and L and is to be used in the Sub-Transmission ONLY.

It will not help the DCT shifting and using it in the engine/DCT will most likely damage the clutches.

H

HondaTech

Like @PaulF said, any Moly oil will seriously causes clutch issues.

Do not use in the ENGINE side of any Honda SXS.

I wonder how an oil like Schaeffers would do? I use their 5w30 in my Cruze, their claim to fame is the amount of Moly they have in their oils.

@hondabob What accessories or mods have your performed and what if any were you unhappy with and have changed?

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Would you be so kind as to post some more pictures of your snorkel please. Especially where it exits the body in the back. Thanks
If Bob doesn't see this, his 2500, 6000 and 10,000 mile reports have those pics. All are in this forum.

I didn't use a hole saw, I wanted to position the hole exactly and I wanted a snug fit for the tube passing through the body panel. So I did it the hard way and dressed to size with a rasp in a drill. What defined my hole location is position 11:00, 3:00 and 6:00 - I didn't want to cut through any of those edges and I was able to do that, barely.

Click on the pic for full size -
I R5KVWnT L

Exact copy of Bob's -
I 7HPhcsr L

Last edited:
Reactions: 906UP
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!