BOX1

14" wheel clearance

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I ordered a set of wheels and tires from chaparral and that the guy swore would work just fine on the Talon. I got him home and put them on today and realize the clearance is very tight on the upper radius rod. I jacked up the rear and it definitely touches the inside rim just barely enough to shave the paint off. They are a 5+5 offset 14" with a 30" tire. I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's touching. Is it the offset? I plan to take these to Ocotillo Wells this coming weekend so I'm wondering if he gave me the wrong offset. I'm still eligible to exchange them for the next few days. Does anyone recommend a better offset? or should I just live with shaving the paint off the inside of the wheels on the upper radius arm mount? I'm new to this whole side-by-side scene so try to be nice. Haha

Reactions: TripleB
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Were does it touch, the top rod itself on the outer edge of the wheel or near the piviot?

Are these 1" wide wheels? The 5+5 offset has me a little confused.

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
Were does it touch, the top rod itself on the outer edge of the wheel or near the piviot?

Are these 1" wide wheels? The 5+5 offset has me a little confused.

10" wide wheels.

PXL 20201109 011013110

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
Sorry. Not the radius rod. It's the upper control arm mount. I picked up some 10mm spacers. It touches on the blue painted surface on top of the upper control arm. It only touches on the very top of suspension travel. Everywhere else is just really tight.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sorry this is not working out for you.
I would not have recommended 10" wheels as most go with the 7" ones all around.
This plus the smaller 14" rim has pit u in a pickle.

Spacers or lots of complaining to the dealer will be your only fixes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What is the wheel brand and model?

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
System 3 SB-3 beadlock 14"x 10". Im torn now. Im not sure if I want to go with 1 1/2" spacers or return them for 7" wheels.

Any suggestions?
I would not run 1.5 spacers with those wheels, too much bearing load.
Why do you need 10" wide wheels? 10" wheels are appropriate for 14"+ wide tires.

Why don't you tell us your entire front/back desired tire setup and what you are trying to accomplish so we can better help you.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
just to inject something here. if you are using 14" in front too (whatever width) you will need to modify the upper end or it will rub the inside of your front wheel. You may not be doing anything up front, but just you to know about that issue with 14" too. That is a simple relief operation

T

Thesheep89

Nov 8, 2020
San Bernardino
Ownership

1. Talon R
It's a 2021 live valve 2 seat

So they are all system 3 SB-3 wheels. 14"x7" in the front with 14"x10" rear. SS360 tires. I ran it all weekend with the one and a half inch wheel spacer in the rear. It ran great! Was extremely stable. I really have no complaints at all. torque the wheel spacers and lug nuts to 98 ft pounds and sent her. Did everything I asked it to do. The only issue I guess is a little bit of wheel hop but I think that's a suspension adjustment. On all I'm pretty excited. I did learn something really cool though, with the 10-in wide tires and the spacers it doesn't fit on my 74-in wide trailer. So a friend of mine that works for Eibach told me you can jack up the car and then unplug the sensors for the shocks and it will maintain that ride height so you can get it on the trailer. The pro tip saved me from having to bring my stock tires just to get the car on the trailer.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!