BOX1

P1000 16 gauge Stick stoppers

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
After seeing pics of sticks coming thru the firewall area I decided to make some. First used cardboard to mock up what I would need to cut the metal to patterns so to speak. Once I cut the metal I bent and fit and shaped each piece into the spot where it belonged. The worst was welding it all together as any welder knows the metal likes to pull shrink / expand. Once they were made I drilled holes and mounted them to the firewall area plastic. Under the floor boards I had already made and installed pieces of aluminum with a curled up front ,so I was able to bolt the lower part to the under floor part. Before installing them I did paint them with rubberized rocker guard.

IMG 3509 IMG 3508 IMG 3517 IMG 3518 IMG 3519

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After seeing pics of sticks coming thru the firewall area I decided to make some. First used cardboard to mock up what I would need to cut the metal to patterns so to speak. Once I cut the metal I bent and fit and shaped each piece into the spot where it belonged. The worst was welding it all together as any welder knows the metal likes to pull shrink / expand. Once they were made I drilled holes and mounted them to the firewall area plastic. Under the floor boards I had already made and installed pieces of aluminum with a curled up front ,so I was able to bolt the lower part to the under floor part. Before installing them I did paint them with rubberized rocker guard.

View attachment 270187 View attachment 270188 View attachment 270189 View attachment 270190 View attachment 270191
That will work. I've been meaning to do this for over 2 years now.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Nicely done. 👍

Yep, even though heat expands, once cooled, all welds shrink in all 3 planes. It makes fitting a PITA for us wannabe welders. 😭

What kind of welder did you use, MIG, stick, O/A? Brand, model?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@SuperATV - looks like a market opportunity to me. :cool:
@SuperATV there has gotta be enough of these junkass pioneer 1000s out here now to have a market for stick stoppers. The machine has been unchanged for 5 years and I see lots of them on the trails now. I will be the first customer and I will take 2 kits.

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I’m surprised there aren’t any after market offerings for this need. Trail armor or @SuperATV could do these very well I would think. I would be a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice work. I cannot believe SATV hasn’t addressed this
@SuperATV - looks like a market opportunity to me. :cool:
@SuperATV there has gotta be enough of these junkass pioneer 1000s out here now to have a market for stick stoppers. The machine has been unchanged for 5 years and I see lots of them on the trails now. I will be the first customer and I will take 2 kits.

Well.....looks like we have some work to do!

tenor.gif

K6gSPJJ

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I think #NTC gets first dibs on new product orders and a very exclusive SATV discount 😉
The fine gentlemen of the #NTC are always encouraged to use their special #NTC discount code good for 0% (THAT"S RIGHT) a whopping 0% discount on any order. Just type in #NTC in the discount code section to redeem your discount.

@TripleB @bluepythons @tbaker @Sr56 @wm4u @CID @JenElio

Prices and participation may vary. #NTC isn't a real discount code. Not gonna work. Sorry. All participating members of the forum can PM for for the real code...if you're nice. Above terms are subject to change without notice. Advice sold separately. All disclaimers written by an underachieving SATV employee and have no legal bearing whatsoever. Always drive on roads, not on people. No animals were harmed in the typing of this message. All rights reserved. Allow 2-3 years for delivery. Apply only to infected area and do not use with alcohol. Avoid contact with eyes. May contain a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Is anybody still reading this?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The fine gentlemen of the #NTC are always encouraged to use their special #NTC discount code good for 0% (THAT"S RIGHT) a whopping 0% discount on any order. Just type in #NTC in the discount code section to redeem your discount.

@TripleB @bluepythons @tbaker @Sr56 @wm4u @CID @JenElio

Prices and participation may vary. #NTC isn't a real discount code. Not gonna work. Sorry. All participating members of the forum can PM for for the real code...if you're nice. Above terms are subject to change without notice. Advice sold separately. All disclaimers written by an underachieving SATV employee and have no legal bearing whatsoever. Always drive on roads, not on people. No animals were harmed in the typing of this message. All rights reserved. Allow 2-3 years for delivery. Apply only to infected area and do not use with alcohol. Avoid contact with eyes. May contain a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm. Is anybody still reading this?

At least you know their worth. 🤣🤣🤣

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's surprising to me that they don't come from the factory with metal there. Apparently there have been lawsuits. Our Teryx 4 has steel panels there right from the factory and I believe other new models have steel there as well.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!