H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Still runs just like a new one. Same with the suspension. My Fox Shocks have about 13,000 miles on them. I replaced the shift cable and exhaust rubber mount a little before 12,000 miles. When the steel sleeve separates from the cable housing it won’t shift into low range. The sleeve is crimped into the cable housing so it will move a little. I needed low range so I removed the seat and shifted the lever on the trans by hand. The exhaust mount rubber is the one closest to the engine so its gets more heat then the other rubber mounts. My Pioneer 1000-3 set a high standard. The maintenance is easy too.

Shiftcable
Ized

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still runs just like a new one. Same with the suspension. My Fox Shocks have about 13,000 miles on them. I replaced the shift cable and exhaust rubber mount a little before 12,000 miles. When the steel sleeve separates from the cable housing it won’t shift into low range. The sleeve is crimped into the cable housing so it will move a little. I needed low range so I removed the seat and shifted the lever on the trans by hand. The exhaust mount rubber is the one closest to the engine so its gets more heat then the other rubber mounts. My Pioneer 1000-3 set a high standard. The maintenance is easy too.

View attachment 108464 View attachment 108465
Love when you post makes me fill all warm and fuzzy inside to think mine will last that long

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda has high quality parts so I do expect it will be ok until 50,000 miles. Running in water and mud all the time probably 25,000. Modified will cause drive line and clutch problems around 10,000 miles or less. Some riding areas are tough slow going in low range all the time. I have 925 hours on mine and I do a lot of slow stop and go trail work and a bit of rock crawling but most is fast paced desert and sand wash with the sport models.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!