H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
This Pioneer has been great, still just $30.00 in repair parts. I installed a under hood pre filter at about 1,000 miles. Without the pre filter the stock under hood intake will require the air filter to be replaced about every 5,000 miles in the Arizona dust which is really good. I clean the uni pre filter and the outerwear every 1,200 miles with the oil change. I just checked my Air Filter and its still like new. I was going to check it at 20,000 miles but I decided to sell it so I wanted to check it and make sure everything was in great shape. I don't oil the UNI Prefilter, just wash it and the outerwear in hot soapy water.

My Talon R is so much fun to drive and my little Suzuki 70 fits in the bed for my Solo rides. I decided to buy the Talon 4 seater next. My larger motorcycle will fit in the back with the seats out and it is rideable in the sand washes. Usually about 1/4 of my solo rides have no cell phone coverage. So far my Honda and Kawasaki Teryx side by sides have never broke down but anything can break. My Yamahas and Polaris models have broke down a lot and riding the little motorcycles back to my truck or to an area for cell phone coverage saves a lot of walking.

I oiled the UNI Prefilter on my Talon and it is still ok at 4,000 miles. I plan on cleaning it at 6,000 to 8,000 miles. I run it without an Outerwear so I oil it.

18000Miles
Outerwear
UniFilter

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I love that you put so many miles on your machines. That is awesome!

And good proof that most people never come close to wearing out their machines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Spark Plug info. I was going to change them at 20,000 but since I have a new set I will change them now since I'm selling it. Honda really stepped up with this high end spark plug. My 4 Yamaha's, 3 Polaris, and 2 Kawasaki's side by sides came with the $3.00 spark plugs.

NGK SILMAR7A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium

Laser welded iridium center electrode tip ensures high durability and greater spark

Platinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life

Longer insulator nose prevents fouling, corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover, and the triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage

Faster starts and quicker acceleration

Better fuel economy and lower emissions, trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing

NGK
NGK1

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spark Plug info. I was going to change them at 20,000 but since I have a new set I will change them now since I'm selling it. Honda really stepped up with this high end spark plug. My 4 Yamaha's, 3 Polaris, and 2 Kawasaki's side by sides came with the $3.00 spark plugs.

NGK SILMAR7A9S Spark Plug Laser Iridium

Laser welded iridium center electrode tip ensures high durability and greater spark

Platinum disc welded to backside of ground electrode provides long life

Longer insulator nose prevents fouling, corrugated ribs on insulator prevents flashover, and the triple gasket seal eliminates combustion gas leakage

Faster starts and quicker acceleration

Better fuel economy and lower emissions, trivalent metal plating for superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing

View attachment 142994 View attachment 142995
Selling it you gotta go for 30,000 I talk about you all the time to my popo friends what little trouble you have had and miles you ride

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
974.2 hours and not quite at 19K. Mileage is 18,877 average is 19.4 mph. I would have had close to 40,000 miles but I have a 2016 Yamaha YXZ for keeping up with my Turbo buddies and the guys with the RZR 1000. My YXZ is for sale too and I won't get much, it has 20,018 miles on it. My Pioneer still runs like new. The Fox Shocks have about 11,000 miles on them and they still work like new. I don't bottom out the suspension, don't drive it in deep water, don't loan it, and do all my own maintenance. I'm cleaning them up now and starting at $8,500 same on the YXZ.

20190723 104107 resized 20190723 104130 resized

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I had tube parts left over from making pre filters for my 3 Polaris, 2 Yamahas, one Teryx, 3 Pioneer 500's, nd 2 Pioneer 700's. There are a few snorkel kits available and a few of the fourm guys made some pre filters.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!