1st trip with pioneer mt magazine, ar

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally had a opportunity to get out and take the pioneer on a ride other than the deer camp. took my 6 year old and 10 year old to mt magazine. one of my favorite destinations other than wolf pen gap. rode these trail systems on a can am outlander 650. I can say having a sxs especially a 1000-5d is a million times better than a 4 wheeler. I even let my 10 year old drive some. I have plenty of pictures and a video of my 10 year old driving us back to the truck(how do I upload the video). had to lock in 4x4 once on a very steep incline(got a lil sideways in 2lock). I knew the pioneer was a beast at the deer camp. so I wasn't disappointed. hope I can get out this year and ride with some of u guys. would like to ride with a group of pioneers. also just a quick question is the fabric panel for the 5d worth the money and does it reduce the amount of dust. 01a8727aa548b535213001d107bb737935e7df920a8988722ff23e74b3ae87cc984356835b57290a6c6dd8fa67e67a69F71a1b35ae810cc6cf237cf75af3fdfa4940418f2936e4f9b62f919c6ca3f89f9f515d48cba605d3ab94e2c9837aa1f62a0b0a4b9f7a9ca5e4673c58e159a6ac

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great photos sounds like a fun trip especially with the boys, love the water.
The fabric does cut the dust down pretty well it’s worth the cost.
Good people not too far from you to roll with, enjoy the ride!

Reactions: BWAF
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
When I was buying my RV yesterday, the finance guy was telling me how much he likes Mt Magazine. I may have to try that place out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was buying my RV yesterday, the finance guy was telling me how much he likes Mt Magazine. I may have to try that place out soon!

Congratulations on the new RV

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally had a opportunity to get out and take the pioneer on a ride other than the deer camp. took my 6 year old and 10 year old to mt magazine. one of my favorite destinations other than wolf pen gap. rode these trail systems on a can am outlander 650. I can say having a sxs especially a 1000-5d is a million times better than a 4 wheeler. I even let my 10 year old drive some. I have plenty of pictures and a video of my 10 year old driving us back to the truck(how do I upload the video). had to lock in 4x4 once on a very steep incline(got a lil sideways in 2lock). I knew the pioneer was a beast at the deer camp. so I wasn't disappointed. hope I can get out this year and ride with some of u guys. would like to ride with a group of pioneers. also just a quick question is the fabric panel for the 5d worth the money and does it reduce the amount of dust. View attachment 69848View attachment 69849View attachment 69850View attachment 69851View attachment 69852View attachment 69853View attachment 69854

Look like a fun trip

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
finally had a opportunity to get out and take the pioneer on a ride other than the deer camp. took my 6 year old and 10 year old to mt magazine. one of my favorite destinations other than wolf pen gap. rode these trail systems on a can am outlander 650. I can say having a sxs especially a 1000-5d is a million times better than a 4 wheeler. I even let my 10 year old drive some. I have plenty of pictures and a video of my 10 year old driving us back to the truck(how do I upload the video). had to lock in 4x4 once on a very steep incline(got a lil sideways in 2lock). I knew the pioneer was a beast at the deer camp. so I wasn't disappointed. hope I can get out this year and ride with some of u guys. would like to ride with a group of pioneers. also just a quick question is the fabric panel for the 5d worth the money and does it reduce the amount of dust. View attachment 69848View attachment 69849View attachment 69850View attachment 69851View attachment 69852View attachment 69853View attachment 69854

Awesome pictures, I read a lot of people like Mt Magazine. I have never ridden there myself but really want to. I believe that there is a lodge close by as well correct?

As for the dust, the Mid panel really helps cutting down the amount of dust as it breaks up the vortex created by the windshield. I can’t comment on the full P1K soft cab as I have not tried one of those.

Thanks for sharing. Are the trails marked or are you able to find a map of the area?

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

congrats on the new rv it is a great place to go. u might want to be set up for primitive camping so u can camp at the trail head. u have to trailer the sxs to the horse camp then unload and ride. huge field to park in.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome pictures, I read a lot of people like Mt Magazine. I have never ridden there myself but really want to. I believe that there is a lodge close by as well correct?

As for the dust, the Mid panel really helps cutting down the amount of dust as it breaks up the vortex created by the windshield. I can’t comment on the full P1K soft cab as I have not tried one of those.

Thanks for sharing. Are the trails marked or are you able to find a map of the area?
yes the lodge is awesome. I got a few pics of the lodge. trails are marked ok I used maplets and it worked excellent. I am looking at getting the p5 back soft panel

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
this is the over look at the lodge. it is the highest point in arkansas. over 2500 ft above sea levelEd46610d02df28b9f232c1f9e235f977

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
congrats on the new rv it is a great place to go. u might want to be set up for primitive camping so u can camp at the trail head. u have to trailer the sxs to the horse camp then unload and ride. huge field to park in.

How far is it from the lodge to the horse camp? With Arkansas recently removing the distance restriction, I wonder if trailering is still a requirement... or is this local rule they have in place?

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
yes the lodge is awesome. I got a few pics of the lodge. trails are marked ok I used maplets and it worked excellent. I am looking at getting the p5 back soft panel

Both panels make a huge difference, but the mid panel is almost a necessity. It will stop the majority of the dust coming in ...

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How far is it from the lodge to the horse camp? With Arkansas recently removing the distance restriction, I wonder if trailering is still a requirement... or is this local rule they have in place?
Good point!

@nbomar had the rear panel at one point. He may be able to let you know a little more details.

Reactions: Landman
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
it is in a state park only 2 miles I think. n yes u are right that new restriction deal might change the whole rule. I myself would like to camp there and leave my truck at the state park camp sight. because I have 2x4 truck n was slipping going up the slight hill to the horse camp.

Reactions: Landman and BWAF
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good point!

@nbomar had the rear panel at one point. He may be able to let you know a little more details.

They do the same thing. If you carry passengers in the back a lot get the rear. If you only use the front seat, get the mid. I have both and haven’t used my rear in a couple years now. Kinda like my rear cab that I haven’t used. I’m down to go ride Mt. Magazine. I haven’t ridden there either.

Do you think camping at the trail head our stuff would be safe during the day when no one is around? Always my fear doing that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Landman and BWAF
crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They do the same thing. If you carry passengers in the back a lot get the rear. If you only use the front seat, get the mid. I have both and haven’t used my rear in a couple years now. Kinda like my rear cab that I haven’t used. I’m down to go ride Mt. Magazine. I haven’t ridden there either.

Do you think camping at the trail head our stuff would be safe during the day when no one is around? Always my fear doing that kind of stuff.

stuff being safe at the trail head is always my fear as well. someone did have a big rv parked there. I tent camp so.... don't have the fancy stuff. I just say put everything in the rv and lock it up. I will probably get a rear panel since there will be times where I will have more than 3 passengers. plus it's nice to be able to get gear in the back while driving. lol. really wanted input before purchasing. btw thanks for giving me info on the maplets. cool program! I might be riding there again the weekend after the 4th of July. I will let everyone know. that will be my birth day weekend going to try to go to mulberry n work my way down. 40th birthday bash. haha!

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
oh and they do have rv and tent camp sites in the state park. I will call a ranger and ask about the restriction lift on driving sxs on the road. it's only less than 5 miles so....be cool to have 10 or more pioneers cruising down the road. ha!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
stuff being safe at the trail head is always my fear as well. someone did have a big rv parked there. I tent camp so.... don't have the fancy stuff. I just say put everything in the rv and lock it up. I will probably get a rear panel since there will be times where I will have more than 3 passengers. plus it's nice to be able to get gear in the back while driving. lol. really wanted input before purchasing. btw thanks for giving me info on the maplets. cool program! I might be riding there again the weekend after the 4th of July. I will let everyone know. that will be my birth day weekend going to try to go to mulberry n work my way down. 40th birthday bash. haha!

I’ll be in Alaska that weekend. We will do it another time though.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll be in Alaska that weekend. We will do it another time though.

Alaska burr going from sauna arkansas to cool Alaska sounds fun. baseball season got me tied up for the next 1.5 months. we ca. get it all figured out. lol.

Daymond

Daymond

Apr 25, 2018
Magazine, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I live in Magazine. I've ridden the trails all over Mt Magazine and surrounding area. I just bought a P1K-3 and would love to ride with some fellow riders. If you plan a trip to the area feel free to hit me up with any question you might have. Also there is another very good trail system very close just south of Booneville that isn't as well known you guys might be interested in if a multi-day ride. It is the Sugar Creek trail system in the Knoppers Ford and Jack Creek area of the Ouachita's.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in Magazine. I've ridden the trails all over Mt Magazine and surrounding area. I just bought a P1K-3 and would love to ride with some fellow riders. If you plan a trip to the area feel free to hit me up with any question you might have. Also there is another very good trail system very close just south of Booneville that isn't as well known you guys might be interested in if a multi-day ride. It is the Sugar Creek trail system in the Knoppers Ford and Jack Creek area of the Ouachita's.
Awesome!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!