P1000 2016 1000-5 Pioneer Issues

J

Jburgess

Jul 3, 2019
South East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SO I bought my new Pioneer 1000-5 in July 2016. It has 107 miles on it. Took it in for it's 100 mile service and it hasn't ran right for the most part since. It will idle fine and run fine for a bout a minute. Then it is like it is starved for fuel. Won't open up and if low RPM's, flat out dies. Like it isn't getting fuel. They did the 100 mile service and the updates to the system and the recall things. Any ideas what is going on with it? It has always been in the garage, no mud and really no rain except for washing it off...

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Assume you checked the oil both motor and sub trans? If no, you should.

2016 you say. Few more questions.
Did you get the clutch update done? You would need to ask for this as it's not a required recall.
Did they adjust the valves?
Would also like to know much they charged?

Any lights on the dash flashing. Ex. 1 long 2 short?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jburgess and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also.
From what you describe. This is similar issues people have with a broken fuel injector connector. Seems to be a fairly wide spread issue but usually the display will flash.

We offer a repair kit as Honda will want to replace the entire wire harness and that will take months.

Here's the link. Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000

Reactions: Jburgess and BWAF
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SO I bought my new Pioneer 1000-5 in July 2016. It has 107 miles on it. Took it in for it's 100 mile service and it hasn't ran right for the most part since. It will idle fine and run fine for a bout a minute. Then it is like it is starved for fuel. Won't open up and if low RPM's, flat out dies. Like it isn't getting fuel. They did the 100 mile service and the updates to the system and the recall things. Any ideas what is going on with it? It has always been in the garage, no mud and really no rain except for washing it off...
WAIT ..... bought in 7/16, but only 107 miles?????

Reactions: GPR1500SC and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Also fuel pump could be corroded if it's set that long with 1/2 a tank.

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would you like to sell it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

J

Jburgess

Jul 3, 2019
South East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi.
Assume you checked the oil both motor and sub trans? If no, you should.

2016 you say. Few more questions.
Did you get the clutch update done? You would need to ask for this as it's not a required recall.
Did they adjust the valves?
Would also like to know much they charged?

Any lights on the dash flashing. Ex. 1 long 2 short?

Yes I got the clutch update. Yes I have checked the oil levels. I just moved and not positive on the valves. My paperwork is tucked away in a box somewhere. There are no lights on the dash. I think their mile service was $129

J

Jburgess

Jul 3, 2019
South East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I bought it to transport people to and from my shooting range... Only 200 feet but up a hill....

J

Jburgess

Jul 3, 2019
South East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also.
From what you describe. This is similar issues people have with a broken fuel injector connector. Seems to be a fairly wide spread issue but usually the display will flash.

We offer a repair kit as Honda will want to replace the entire wire harness and that will take months.

Here's the link. Honda Pioneer 1000 fuel injector wire repair kit. SXS1000

Where could I get the wiring diagram so I could investigate the issue? You think they could have did this during the service? Would there have been a necessity of removing it for the service and updates?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's been driven weekly / bi-weekly. Not just setting...

Did you put a fuel stabilizer in it? If not I’d try siphoning the old gas out and filling up with fresh 93, fuel looses octane over time and ethanol collects moisture.

Reactions: BigOL3
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Possibly fouled plug. Short quick trips means it never reaches operating temperature and runs rich most of the time. Might be worth replacing.

I would put my money on the plugs if where a betting man.

The dealer changed my plugs when I had it in for the clutch update I told them to service it and replace anything it needed while they had it and was surprised how nasty the plugs looked.
I also use it for alot of short trips that don't get it warmed up.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!