P1000 2017 1000-5 negotiated price?

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First post here. Looking to purchase a 2017 1000-5. I have requested quotes from two nearby dealers to start. I have read through most of the other posts, but haven't seen much on the 2017 costs. If I negotiate out of the destination and prep fees, how much can I expect to get off of msrp?

Thanks and looking forward to joining the pioneer club!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
First post here. Looking to purchase a 2017 1000-5. I have requested quotes from two nearby dealers to start. I have read through most of the other posts, but haven't seen much on the 2017 costs. If I negotiate out of the destination and prep fees, how much can I expect to get off of msrp?

Thanks and looking forward to joining the pioneer club!
Most dealers won't lower the price much on the 2017 intel the 18 are out.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Look up/get prices on Brookhaven Honda and Abernathy Honda. They will likely have the lowest price around and will give you an idea of what to start your negotiations at.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Look up/get prices on Brookhaven Honda and Abernathy Honda. They will likely have the lowest price around and will give you an idea of what to start your negotiations at.

Ok, I have looked at both places but they didn't have what I am looking for. That gave me the idea to look at atv trader online. By doing a nation wide search i found one as low as $13399. Probably just sold, lol.

A few others were $14650, $15000 and $15500. What are the odds of no destination or setup fee and a sub $16000 price (before tax) Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok, I have looked at both places but they didn't have what I am looking for. That gave me the idea to look at atv trader online. By doing a nation wide search i found one as low as $13399. Probably just sold, lol.

A few others were $14650, $15000 and $15500. What are the odds of no destination or setup fee and a sub $16000 price (before tax) Thanks.
Very possible, on a 1000-5 Deluxe the 2016 were going for $15,700 before tax here in TN this time last year.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This gives me a place to start. Thank you everyone.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought my 17 P1K-5 deluxe for $15800 OTD. No tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that's a pretty good deal. I have requested a quote from out of state to save the tax as well. Thanks.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Wow, that's a pretty good deal. I have requested a quote from out of state to save the tax as well. Thanks.

Yeah I was happy I know there are better deals out there to be had but I thought it was fair. When I was looking about 6 weeks or so ago. A dealer near me had a 16 deluxe for $14700 but with tax I would have paid more. I must have called at least 10 dealerships to get the deal I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I gave 15,600 OTD with a Honda roof for my 16 PK5 deluxe around the first of December.. that's no tax with farm exemption

Worm237

Worm237

Jul 11, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-3
July 5th 2017, I gave $14,100K no fees, no tax for my 2017 camo 1000-3 EPS with Arm-arm guards, roof and split windshield thrown in with an accessories credit. (2017 MSRP was $15,399) I put on the accessories myself. Honda lists some ridiculous labor hours for these accessories. This purchase was at a volume dealer in TN. You have to do your homework to get a great deal, these dealers need to move 2017 inventory. My salesman told me there were virtually no changes made to the 2018.....could have been a sales pitch to move the 2017 but I didn't recall reading about any major changes prior to my purchase.

In comparison, a few days prior to my above purchase and at a multi brand dealer in Metro Atlanta I looked at the inventory and found that they did not the 2017 camo 1000-3 EPS but the salesman said he could find me one. However he priced me a 2016 camo 1000-5 at "his special discount" of $16,400 plus sales tax, plus $1500 set up/prep fee, plus $750 destination, $100 document fee and a $250 advertising fee. There is nothing worse than having a pin-hooker for a salesman. I laughed at him as I got into my truck and drove away. ($16,400 was MSRP for the same 2017 unit by the way)

The Honda motor/trans are built and assembled in Japan and shipped to their plant in South Carolina. The frames are built by a contracted company in South Georgia and shipped to SC. The machines are assembled and tested in SC then shipped to dealerships across the USA. They are DRIVEN off their transports into the dealerships. There is NO SET UP/PREP. Advertising fee? You can KMA if you think I'm paying to walk onto a lot having never seen an advertisement anywhere if I make a purchase. And furthermore, unless it's TV/Radio, most dealerships use a website and I ain't paying for Al Gore's free internet. If the machine you want already has some accessories, negotiate the labor costs that Honda applies to that accessory. It doesn't take 2 hours to put on 4 A-Arm protectors people!! It might take 40 minutes if you use a ratchet and take a water break. Roof? There is literally 6 places it bolts to the roll bar if you get the 5-seater and only 4 places with a 3-seater. Windshield? EASY with 2 people assisting. It ain't rocket science. You can always shop around online after your purchase, get a better price and put your accessories on at home. Oh, documents fees........it's not a street legal vehicle and doesn't need to be registered. That's pure profit for a dealership.........no thanks.

If you finance and have a good credit score, negotiate that interest down to something you agree with. The dealership gets a piece of your interest so if you do have great credit do not take their first offer. Tell them you'll walk if they can't do better than "that." Do your homework, research the internet and don't get caught up with these unnecessary fees/interest.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
July 5th 2017, I gave $14,100K no fees, no tax for my 2017 camo 1000-3 EPS with Arm-arm guards, roof and split windshield thrown in with an accessories credit. (2017 MSRP was $15,399) I put on the accessories myself. Honda lists some ridiculous labor hours for these accessories. This purchase was at a volume dealer in TN. You have to do your homework to get a great deal, these dealers need to move 2017 inventory. My salesman told me there were virtually no changes made to the 2018.....could have been a sales pitch to move the 2017 but I didn't recall reading about any major changes prior to my purchase.

In comparison, a few days prior to my above purchase and at a multi brand dealer in Metro Atlanta I looked at the inventory and found that they did not the 2017 camo 1000-3 EPS but the salesman said he could find me one. However he priced me a 2016 camo 1000-5 at "his special discount" of $16,400 plus sales tax, plus $1500 set up/prep fee, plus $750 destination, $100 document fee and a $250 advertising fee. There is nothing worse than having a pin-hooker for a salesman. I laughed at him as I got into my truck and drove away. ($16,400 was MSRP for the same 2017 unit by the way)

The Honda motor/trans are built and assembled in Japan and shipped to their plant in South Carolina. The frames are built by a contracted company in South Georgia and shipped to SC. The machines are assembled and tested in SC then shipped to dealerships across the USA. They are DRIVEN off their transports into the dealerships. There is NO SET UP/PREP. Advertising fee? You can KMA if you think I'm paying to walk onto a lot having never seen an advertisement anywhere if I make a purchase. And furthermore, unless it's TV/Radio, most dealerships use a website and I ain't paying for Al Gore's free internet. If the machine you want already has some accessories, negotiate the labor costs that Honda applies to that accessory. It doesn't take 2 hours to put on 4 A-Arm protectors people!! It might take 40 minutes if you use a ratchet and take a water break. Roof? There is literally 6 places it bolts to the roll bar if you get the 5-seater and only 4 places with a 3-seater. Windshield? EASY with 2 people assisting. It ain't rocket science. You can always shop around online after your purchase, get a better price and put your accessories on at home. Oh, documents fees........it's not a street legal vehicle and doesn't need to be registered. That's pure profit for a dealership.........no thanks.

If you finance and have a good credit score, negotiate that interest down to something you agree with. The dealership gets a piece of your interest so if you do have great credit do not take their first offer. Tell them you'll walk if they can't do better than "that." Do your homework, research the internet and don't get caught up with these unnecessary fees/interest.

Good luck everyone.
Congrats on the new ride and welcome, you need to get together with us on some rides, we have a hoot and the price is right! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Good luck everyone.
I've seen how they come off the transport, they have to remove all the plastic protection, install netting and on P'5 install rear ROPS. I know they don't check fluid levels, front diff was low, rear diff was high on mine

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To update my post, I purchased a 2017 1000-5 deluxe almost a month ago for $16,566.92 with a honda top installed before tax. I had to pay sales tax as no out of state dealers within a reasonable distance had a deluxe in stock. The next best deal was $1200 more without a top. Most dealers around here wanted msrp plus the added fees and tax :(.

J

JTW

To update my post, I purchased a 2017 1000-5 deluxe almost a month ago for $16,566.92 with a honda top installed before tax. I had to pay sales tax as no out of state dealers within a reasonable distance had a deluxe in stock. The next best deal was $1200 more without a top. Most dealers around here wanted msrp plus the added fees and tax :(.
Good lord!! What a rip off around there!

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I am picking up a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe in Metallic Blue on Saturday for 15,195 out the door. I am paying cash and shopped almost every dealer within 500 miles of Kansas City, MO. Ended up getting Honda of the Ozarks to price match.

Reactions: JTW and Dp5hunter
J

JTW

I am picking up a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe in Metallic Blue on Saturday for 15,195 out the door. I am paying cash and shopped almost every dealer within 500 miles of Kansas City, MO. Ended up getting Honda of the Ozarks to price match.
Good deal!

J

jrv97240

Jul 19, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Picked up the Pioneer on Saturday.

Unnamed 1 20170730 194813 20170730 194824

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!