P700 2017 700-2 Deluxe Dual Battery set up.

B

buttesink

Feb 11, 2018
RWC CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good afternoon all,

I'm new to the forum but have I seen a lot of great info and is much appreciated.
Starting a new project, installing dual "True" battery isolator kit. / Odyssey pc925
Looking at Cooper Bussmann 15303-2-6-4NG Fuse Relay Box
Looking at some videos, most all suggest a "Stinger" & 100 Amp disconnect, I'll get them
For the must part it seems not to complicated but I'm sure I'll be opening a can of worms.
I currently have installed-- warn winch, (1) bar light, pod lights and wipers.
The wipers I'd like to run with bike running, all additional accessories and maybe some additional future lighting, along with the winch, I'd like the option to use with the ignition off
I think I'm going with Pioneer Switch Panels and accessories & OTR rockers.

Any help / tips on the wiring "Start to Finish" :) would be great!!!! or additional items that you came across during your installation

Thanks Ken

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
following this thread. I'm in same boat, but don't have a stinger . Is that needed? Or is that for a cleaner install?? Read somewhere its not needed????

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Following also. I plan on this same project this winter.

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't know why everyone wants to run dual batteries when there's more than enough room under the driver's seat for a full size automotive battery which actually would be easier to hook up and have way more power then 2 small batteries. maybe I'm just different but I feel like going with just one automotive battery is the better setup

David-1964

David-1964

Feb 9, 2021
Waterloo
Ownership

1. 700-2
Good afternoon all,

I'm new to the forum but have I seen a lot of great info and is much appreciated.
Starting a new project, installing dual "True" battery isolator kit. / Odyssey pc925
Looking at Cooper Bussmann 15303-2-6-4NG Fuse Relay Box
Looking at some videos, most all suggest a "Stinger" & 100 Amp disconnect, I'll get them
For the must part it seems not to complicated but I'm sure I'll be opening a can of worms.
I currently have installed-- warn winch, (1) bar light, pod lights and wipers.
The wipers I'd like to run with bike running, all additional accessories and maybe some additional future lighting, along with the winch, I'd like the option to use with the ignition off
I think I'm going with Pioneer Switch Panels and accessories & OTR rockers.

Any help / tips on the wiring "Start to Finish" :) would be great!!!! or additional items that you came across during your installation

Thanks Ken

David-1964

David-1964

Feb 9, 2021
Waterloo
Ownership

1. 700-2
I used all the normal parts, but if I had to do it over I would not use the 12 slot CB box, 6 is enough and takes up less space.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!