Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Test drive from dealership:

Super easy steering with the new EPS
Paddle shifters are great and you can even use them when it auto whenever you feel the need to upshift or downshift. Shifting is smooth in either MT or AT. There is also no need to let off the throttle while shifting. The appearance is very nice and the new rim and tire package seem to help with ride quality. Everything seemed nice and tight, no weird noises. Seemed to have plenty of get up and go and even tested it out in Sandy conditions from a dead stop with no issues. Hammered the throttle from a dead stop in 2wd and 4wd on packed gravel and spun the tires loose no problem.

I actually took a 1000-5 for a ride first and thought the 700-4 felt much better quality wise, although this could've just been the way the dealer put them together?

I decided on the new 700-4 deluxe overall due to how I will use the machine (plowing and toting kids around in backroads mostky). Will i miss the power of my 1000 commander, of course! Did I ever use the power that much, not really. Saving myself $3500 allows me to get my winch, windshield, track adapter kit (kimpex wss4), radio, different shocks if need be, and a cab enclosure and still come out less than a 1000-5.

Once I pick up my new ride Next week I will post pictures as well as update my ride report! I just thought since I hadn't seen any reviews for this new deluxe machine I'd throw my experience out there even though it was just a test ride (that sold me on the machine!).

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Top speed? Noticeable acceleration difference between the 700 and 1000? I will eventually be in the market for one with folding seats in the bed. I might consider the 700 if I felt there was still adequate power to turn snow tracks and a high enough top speed.

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Top speed? Noticeable acceleration difference between the 700 and 1000? I will eventually be in the market for one with folding seats in the bed. I might consider the 700 if I felt there was still adequate power to turn snow tracks and a high enough top speed.

Not sure what type of speed your looking for? The 700s govern out at 45mph with tires, I'm guessing 35 max with tracks? Here is a good video of a 700 with tracks.

My suggestion is try both out and see which one you like and what's in your budget. For me it came down to NEED or WANT. Would I like the 1000 better? Of course, do I need the 1000? No, not for what I do.

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don't mind being sluggish with tracks. I know I would be frustrated at times with 45 mph on tires though. Probably need to focus on the 1000. Thanks.

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't mind being sluggish with tracks. I know I would be frustrated at times with 45 mph on tires though. Probably need to focus on the 1000. Thanks.
I hear you there. I came from a 1000 commander and had it over 45mph a handful of times only because I was actively trying to, other than that we just kind of cruise at 20-30 on our rides if not slower sometimes. That played a part in my decision as well.

Dpetrocik

Dpetrocik

Oct 31, 2016
Negaunee, MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 2046
First short cruise with wife and 1 kid. No problem climbing up hills, that's a big positive! And also, engine breaking was just fine going down, it didn't run away or try to upshift. Once we really get it out and run it I will add more to the review!

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
Not sure what type of speed your looking for? The 700s govern out at 45mph with tires, I'm guessing 35 max with tracks? Here is a good video of a 700 with tracks.

My suggestion is try both out and see which one you like and what's in your budget. For me it came down to NEED or WANT. Would I like the 1000 better? Of course, do I need the 1000? No, not for what I do.

I topped out at a blistering 22mph with my tracks

A

AlaskanBill

Jun 14, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Test drive from dealership:

Super easy steering with the new EPS
Paddle shifters are great and you can even use them when it auto whenever you feel the need to upshift or downshift. Shifting is smooth in either MT or AT. There is also no need to let off the throttle while shifting. The appearance is very nice and the new rim and tire package seem to help with ride quality. Everything seemed nice and tight, no weird noises. Seemed to have plenty of get up and go and even tested it out in Sandy conditions from a dead stop with no issues. Hammered the throttle from a dead stop in 2wd and 4wd on packed gravel and spun the tires loose no problem.

I actually took a 1000-5 for a ride first and thought the 700-4 felt much better quality wise, although this could've just been the way the dealer put them together?

I decided on the new 700-4 deluxe overall due to how I will use the machine (plowing and toting kids around in backroads mostky). Will i miss the power of my 1000 commander, of course! Did I ever use the power that much, not really. Saving myself $3500 allows me to get my winch, windshield, track adapter kit (kimpex wss4), radio, different shocks if need be, and a cab enclosure and still come out less than a 1000-5.

Once I pick up my new ride Next week I will post pictures as well as update my ride report! I just thought since I hadn't seen any reviews for this new deluxe machine I'd throw my experience out there even though it was just a test ride (that sold me on the machine!).
I am considering purchasing a 700-4, but was wondering what kind of room is there for passengers in the rear seat? Does the 700 have enough get up and go?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am considering purchasing a 700-4, but was wondering what kind of room is there for passengers in the rear seat? Does the 700 have enough get up and go?
I don't think the P7 or the P1 are very comfortable for extended time in the rear for adults, kids would be fine. As far as power, I have friends that have a P7 and when they want a thrill they ride with me, could be the machine or the lack of my driving skills. HA!

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

My wife is fairly small (5'4 and 110 lbs) and she only complained about the heat in the back. She said the seating was comfortable and didn't mind it at all. I never rode back there but I sat back there several times and the issue I had was that it was like you were using a squatty potty:

Not uncomfortable but not the way I would prefer to sit. This was in my old P1000, I haven't tried the P700. If the seating is smaller than the P1000, it would definitely be difficult on adults.

You should definitely have whoever you are thinking would want to sit back there try it out before you commit. If you are wanting to ride larger adults for a while something like a Teryx-4 or a Mule Pro FXT might also be options to look at. Not as short as a P700 but not as long as one of the limos/buses from Can Am or Polaris or Yamaha.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!