HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondasxs submitted a new resource:

2017 Honda Pioneer 500 Specifications - 2017 Honda Pioneer 500 Specifications

[parsehtml]<table class="table" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" align="center"><strong>2017 HONDA Pioneer 500<br> SPECIFICATIONS</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="25%"><strong>Model</strong></td>
<td width="75%">
<p><strong>Pioneer 500</strong><br> (SXS500M2)</p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Engine Type</strong></td>
<td>475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Bore and Stroke</strong></td>
<td>92.0mm x 71.5mm</td>...[/parsehtml]

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

There are 3 skid plates, front, center and rear. I assumed all of the '17's had the revised skid plate. Unless they ran out of them temporarily and used plastic.
I know the front and rear are plastic and I'm pretty sure the center is as well.. I'm going to go check.

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm pretty sure they will fit. The front and rear skid plates appear to be identical, so I'm sure the bolt pattern is the same on the center skid plate also. If a person orders one, you may want to order the bolts also, as they are using a different bolt than the plastic skid plate. I haven't checked on the price of the skid plate or the bolts.

Do they use the same inverted cup washer to hold the plate? I can see they might shorten the bolt, assuming the plate is thinner. But if they changed diameter or thread then it won't be a bolt-on mod. I'd be looking at options if/when I damage the current one. I don't encounter much rock "challenges", but do go over a fair amount of downed trees/logs.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Do they use the same inverted cup washer to hold the plate? I can see they might shorten the bolt, assuming the plate is thinner. But if they changed diameter or thread then it won't be a bolt-on mod. I'd be looking at options if/when I damage the current one. I don't encounter much rock "challenges", but do go over a fair amount of downed trees/logs.
No, they now use just a bolt with a plain washer, same thread and length.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I just noticed something else on the '17's; they have a totally new exhaust/muffler. It's a 2 piece system, and appears to have better shielding. Also has a replaceable spark arrester.

Reactions: JCart and JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!