P700m2 2017 Honda Pioneer 700-2 Deluxe Camo

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
After a long wait (December 4th), I finally got my 700 in! Really excited to get started upgrading! I ordered a ton of upgrades before I actually got the SXS in...lol!

I've done a lot of reading on here so thanks to everyone who post here! I'm going to post all my upgrades along with pictures and notes for futures readers!

I bought it with a top, hard coat front windshield and rear panel. So, I'll be carrying it back to the dealer because they installed just an optic front windshield and the rear panel is different for the 2017 than the previous models (first learning curve).

To follow suit...here's the picture before any upgrades! A0b93226a3f1474b02cf53ca20b9e094

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here they are laid out...

- Front and Rear Light bars
- LED pods for inside, bed, and underneath
- Switches for everything
- Superwinch 4500-S
- EMP front and rear bumper
- Mudbuster front and rear flaps
- PDM 60

Few other small stuff...I'll post as I add more.

E083d11f4729e4451068060ac6a0da05

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
That looks very thorough. What I suggest along with that is a tube of Di-electric grease and some star washers. All your grounds to the frame, use both. All connections, add some grease. This will displace the water and prevent corrosion. Are you looking at the winch on top of the bumper or in the bumper? Myself I went inside the bumper, I wanted it somewhat out of the way.

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
That looks very thorough. What I suggest along with that is a tube of Di-electric grease and some star washers. All your grounds to the frame, use both. All connections, add some grease. This will displace the water and prevent corrosion. Are you looking at the winch on top of the bumper or in the bumper? Myself I went inside the bumper, I wanted it somewhat out of the way.

Definitely on the grease and star washers...but thanks for the heads up! I don't want to miss out on anything I should do...lol! Will save a lot of headache down the road.

For the winch...I was thinking on top, but will prolly make that decision as I get closer to that install. Was thinking top only because it would be easier to get to if I needed to use it. Have you had to use yours yet?

Reactions: sharp
JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Starting running all the wiring!

- Switch Plate from Mystic template 80a0f16a48ba2f108e2edb0e0480e161Fdd7089f24ab3dc0d66e5cb39ef56edf6d1d06b8f4d98c41fd42a9ef942a10a6

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also mounted mine down low. Reason being, you have more options on what to tie to and pull from with your winch low and still have an upward angle on the cable, therefore the winch pulls you up and out of mud or other obstacles rather than down into them.

That make any sense?

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think the top spot is where my light bar will go. Thoughts on the cheaper ones from amazon vs the rigid ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice looking accessory table you have. Love the plan of attack on electrical looks good. Welcome to the forum

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
I also mounted mine down low. Reason being, you have more options on what to tie to and pull from with your winch low and still have an upward angle on the cable, therefore the winch pulls you up and out of mud or other obstacles rather than down into them.

That make any sense?

Like the thought process! You might have just swayed my mind to mounting underneath! Thanks!

JeffEvans

JeffEvans

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2016
Arlington, TN
Ownership

1. 700-2
Forgive my ignorance. What is the "Ground Trigger Switch"?

I have two triggers...one is the ignition trigger that turns on all accessories when the ignition is turned on. The second...the ground trigger...allows accessories (low power, dome light, bed light, and hazard lights) to be powered without the ignition turned on.

I am using the PDM 60 that allows circuits to programmed with either trigger or both.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!