Multi 2017 Honda Pioneer Release - Thursday July 14.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We have known it was coming for about a month now. But the info has finally broke and Honda is expected to release there 2017 SxS line up Thursday July 14th.

Here's what we could expect.
Updates to both the 500 and the 700 are expected. What will that be?...

- The 500 is due to receive a automatic. Could this mean it will get bumped up to the DCT from the Rubicon or just receive a computer capable of handling automatic shifting?
- The 700 is also due for paddle shift upgrade and being based off the Rincon driveline, this could just be a matter of installing the hardware and programming for a already capable machine? Will we see new options such as bucket seats as suggested in recent patent drawings seen HERE http://hondasxs.com/index.php?threads/5720/?
- The 1000 "gen2" could see minor updates to address some of the 1gen issues plaguing this model. Many may not even be mentioned and only found deep in the parts number differences.
- The "SPORT"!... As suggested in several patent drawings we know a sport is in the works. The question is... IS IT READY? Guess we will find out Thursday!

What else would you like to see?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We have known it was coming for about a month now. But the info has finally broke and Honda is expected to release there 2017 SxS line up Thursday July 14th.

Here's what we could expect.
Updates to both the 500 and the 700 are expected. What will that be?...

- The 500 is due to receive a automatic. Could this mean it will get bumped up to the DCT from the Rubicon or just receive a computer capable of handling automatic shifting?
- The 700 is also due for paddle shift upgrade and being based off the Rincon driveline, this could just be a matter of installing the hardware and programming for a already capable machine? Will we see new options such as bucket seats as suggested in recent patent drawings seen HERE http://hondasxs.com/index.php?threads/5720/?
- The 1000 "gen2" could see minor updates to address some of the 1gen issues plaguing this model. Many may not even be mentioned and only found deep in the parts number differences.
- The "SPORT"!... As suggested in several patent drawings we know a sport is in the works. The question is... IS IT READY? Guess we will find out Thursday!

What else would you like to see?

What are the different Gen 2 P1000 parts? Linky?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just hope the paddles for the 700, should they appear, can be retrofitted to say, I don't know, a 2014 model! I doubt it though, I'm betting if it's possible it will be cost prohibitive. Thoughts?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just hope the paddles for the 700, should they appear, can be retrofitted to say, I don't know, a 2014 model! I doubt it though, I'm betting if it's possible it will be cost prohibitive. Thoughts?
It'll be programming wire harness and sensors as well. It would be expensive I think

Reactions: Hondasxs
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pretty excited to see what Honda does! Hopefully they surprise us all. I'm personally curious for the 500. Someday....

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I predict that we see something with remote reservoir shocks. And I'm hoping that those shocks will be sold as an accessory for the pioneer 1000

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I predict that we see something with remote reservoir shocks. And I'm hoping that those shocks will be sold as an accessory for the pioneer 1000
Just the front ones PLEASE!!

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All the mfg.'s do an excellent job with keeping things from leaking out. All it would take is one rogue employee to get a cell phone pic or video onto the internet anonymously, yet it seems it never happens....

Reactions: Hondasxs
chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
Well 5 more hours on my time till we find out if it's just model updates or if it is model up dates and something good new to the sxs line up

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm excited for you guys who are looking for something to come out tomorrow. Sadly, I can't think of a single thing I'd change about my 1000-5. Ok, maybe one. How about an adjustable front seat

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
i just hope the announcement isn't, "we are postponing the announcement until next month"! Like they did when announcing the 1000.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A teaser video should have came out months ago if they were to release a "sport model" Yamaha does it why not Honda? At the same time Spy shots and video are being released of the highly anticipated CBR250RR. (for 2 months now) Yet we know nothing about SxS other then patent drawings. Heres how the commercial should go:

"We started the SxS market" que the 80s video of the Odyssey and Pilot. "Now we will take it to the next level"... and que the Pioneer 1000RR.

You dont think Honda could DESTROY the Sport market. They spend more on wind tunnel testing for there MotoGP bikes/F1 cars then Polaris makes in a yr. Just convince the Mr. Hachigo-san (new CEO of Honda) of that!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!