2018 Honda Pioneer Snow Plow Buyers guide! Honda Pioneer 500, 700, and 1000!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Plow

WINTER IS COMING!!!
and soon the winds will turn and leave behind a thick blanket of snow. Finding the best UTV snow plow is a challenging process that takes time to weight out all the options. The aftermarket scene offers many different types from the top of the line with a built-in hydraulic tilt to the basic blade for that once a year use.

There are several things to consider when choosing a blade.

Blade Width.
The blade must be wide enough to extend the wheel track of your Pioneer. Choosing one too shot will make it awkward and cause you to plow unlevel.
We recommend no less than the following plow sizes for your Honda Pioneer!
Weight.
You must consider the overall weight of the plow package you are considering. It shouldn't be too heavy for your unit to handle or you will end up damaging your Pioneer. Other factors come into play such as suspension, tires, and lift kits. It is wise to review this before making the purchase.

Desired use.
Do you plan to plow every sidewalk in town or have a long driveway with continued snow? Then it is highly recommended you invest in a top plow with hydraulic tilt. But, if you are the small ranch owner that only gets 3-5 inches a year it would be wise just to pick up a basic plow that will get the job done all the same.

YOUR WINCH and strap.
This is often overlooked
when buying a snow plow. Your winch must be working and dependable. A cheap winch will leave you frustrated after constant use. It is high probability your strap will break at least once a season. To help prevent this consider upgrading to a lift strap and smooth fairlead to better handle the load. Adding a pulley system will also extend the life of your cable or rope lift.

And finally, Your Budget.
While we all want the best sometimes it is just not worth it when a basic snow plow will push the snow just as well as the top brand. Consider if you can turn a profit somehow by plowing your neighbor's driveway or striking a deal with the local retailer to plow there parking lot. It will be fun and you can recoup some of the cost.

Here are several SNOW PLOW SOLUTIONS for your Honda Pioneer Side by Side!

Img 20170220 171327 jpg
BOSS Snowplows.
--> BOSS Snowplow | UTV ATV Equipment

Boss offers one of the best snow plow line-ups on the market. They offer a wide range of show remove equipment and 5 different plow options for your Honda Pioneer.
- Pioneer 500 recommend the ATV Snowplows line
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Mid-Size Snowplow line
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Full-Size Snowplow line
For pricing contact BOSS here --> BOSS Snowplow | Quote-Request

0002543 900
WARN ProVantage Plow Systems
... is offered in 54", 60" and 72"widths.

- Pioneer 500 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93730, with the ProVantage Push Tube 92100, and the WARN 78954 ProVantage 54" Straight Plow Blade
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93954, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 66" Plow 90695
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93820, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 72" Plow 79958

KFI20POLY20BLADE
KFI Snow Plows.
KFI makes a range of snow plows for most any unit. You can view their full selection here --. Snow Plows - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts, and Accessories

- Pioneer 500 recommend the KFI 105615 mount, with KFI Push Tube 105635, and a KFI 60" straight blade 105060
- Pioneer 700 recommend the KFI 66" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the KFI 72" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit

71WQ2BgMK0TL SL1500
SUPER ATV Snow Plow kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow

076b9bfa baf3 4c17 891a 862ab3d05e7f jpeg
DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 66-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit

AEA6E151086E67807CF822CA14D02818app1 1519152785332 L1800
TUSK SubZero Snow Plows
- Pioneer 500 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 60
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72
* there is a 66 inch but fitting does not suggest it fits the 700??
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72

Finally.
Do your research and choose what fits your needs the best. Most of all, get it ordered and installed before winter hits so you can have a blast plowing the entire neighborhood.

Leave a comment and tell us which brand you decided to go with. If you selected another brand, drop a link with a few details. We would love to add it in!
Happy Plowing!

Last edited:
Eslinger_18

Eslinger_18

Wake up and piss excellence!
Supporting Member
Aug 28, 2018
Mt. Angel, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just picked up a used 72" Denali blade for this winter. I've rigged up a block/pulley system to reduce wear on my winch line. It's a slick setup. I'm excited to put it to use!

Reactions: swsebek
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have used a 72" Moose plow for the last two winters and am very satisfied.

(especially since I switched to a synthetic cable!!!!!)

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody run the BOSS V-XT? What's the price range on that and what about all that weight on a stock set up? That price is more than 4x times most others.

41443142 10212720150937985 5478778067960725504 n

Last edited:
Reactions: p1k5James
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody run the BOSS V-XT? What's the price range on that and what about all that weight on a stock set up? That price is more than 4x times most others.

View attachment 86307
The boss blade is a full hydraulic snow plow. Independent V blade. Definitely need a 2nd battery for that! Or a full size battery under the seat.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those of you that use the Warn ProVantage setup... do you take the plow mount off during the summer? Leave it on? What does it look like with just the mount?

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased a kolpin switchblade, it is a universal and the plow is 60” and adjustable to 72” I keep it at 60”
It works fine but I really don’t like the mount, wish I had purchased the Honda set up, I say spend more and pass on this setup
Put my back window and doors back on this weekend, I’ll put the plow mount back on in early November

S

Skinelli

Sep 25, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like the tusk snow plow kit. I have a 2019 pioneer 700 with a KFI winch mount. Do you know if this will work on this machine

T

thomasvandermars

Jun 14, 2016
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 85969

WINTER IS COMING!!!
and soon the winds will turn and leave behind a thick blanket of snow. Finding the best UTV snow plow is a challenging process that takes time to weight out all the options. The aftermarket scene offers many different types from the top of the line with a built-in hydraulic tilt to the basic blade for that once a year use.

There are several things to consider when choosing a blade.

Blade Width.
The blade must be wide enough to extend the wheel track of your Pioneer. Choosing one too shot will make it awkward and cause you to plow unlevel.
We recommend no less than the following plow sizes for your Honda Pioneer!
Weight.
You must consider the overall weight of the plow package you are considering. It shouldn't be too heavy for your unit to handle or you will end up damaging your Pioneer. Other factors come into play such as suspension, tires, and lift kits. It is wise to review this before making the purchase.

Desired use.
Do you plan to plow every sidewalk in town or have a long driveway with continued snow? Then it is highly recommended you invest in a top plow with hydraulic tilt. But, if you are the small ranch owner that only gets 3-5 inches a year it would be wise just to pick up a basic plow that will get the job done all the same.

YOUR WINCH and strap.
This is often overlooked
when buying a snow plow. Your winch must be working and dependable. A cheap winch will leave you frustrated after constant use. It is high probability your strap will break at least once a season. To help prevent this consider upgrading to a lift strap and smooth fairlead to better handle the load. Adding a pulley system will also extend the life of your cable or rope lift.

And finally, Your Budget.
While we all want the best sometimes it is just not worth it when a basic snow plow will push the snow just as well as the top brand. Consider if you can turn a profit somehow by plowing your neighbor's driveway or striking a deal with the local retailer to plow there parking lot. It will be fun and you can recoup some of the cost.

Here are several SNOW PLOW SOLUTIONS for your Honda Pioneer Side by Side!

View attachment 85964
BOSS Snowplows.
--> BOSS Snowplow | UTV ATV Equipment

Boss offers one of the best snow plow line-ups on the market. They offer a wide range of show remove equipment and 5 different plow options for your Honda Pioneer.
- Pioneer 500 recommend the ATV Snowplows line
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Mid-Size Snowplow line
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Full-Size Snowplow line
For pricing contact BOSS here --> BOSS Snowplow | Quote-Request

View attachment 85960
WARN ProVantage Plow Systems
... is offered in 54", 60" and 72"widths.

- Pioneer 500 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93730, with the ProVantage Push Tube 92100, and the WARN 78954 ProVantage 54" Straight Plow Blade
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93954, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 66" Plow 90695
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Warn Plow Mount 93820, with this ProVantage Push Tube 79850, and the Warn ProVantage 72" Plow 79958

View attachment 85963
KFI Snow Plows.
KFI makes a range of snow plows for most any unit. You can view their full selection here --. Snow Plows - KFI ATV Winch, Mounts, and Accessories

- Pioneer 500 recommend the KFI 105615 mount, with KFI Push Tube 105635, and a KFI 60" straight blade 105060
- Pioneer 700 recommend the KFI 66" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the KFI 72" Pro-Poly Snow Plow & Mount Kit

View attachment 85966
SUPER ATV Snow Plow kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72" SuperATV Pro Heavy Duty Snow Plow

View attachment 85967
DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kits
- Pioneer 500 recommend the 60-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 700 recommend the 66-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the 72-inch DENALI UTV Snow Plow Kit

View attachment 85981
TUSK SubZero Snow Plows
- Pioneer 500 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 60
- Pioneer 700 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72
* there is a 66 inch but fitting does not suggest it fits the 700??
- Pioneer 1000 recommend the Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72

Finally.
Do your research and choose what fits your needs the best. Most of all, get it ordered and installed before winter hits so you can have a blast plowing the entire neighborhood.

Leave a comment and tell us which brand you decided to go with. If you selected another brand, drop a link with a few details. We would love to add it in!
Happy Plowing!
Anyone put tracks on and plow. I think I need about a 78" blade but can't find one.

A

ASAT

Apr 17, 2020
Eastern mn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just ordered up the 72" warn ProVantage with the full limit switch kit for my 1000-5. Hoping its as nice As I expect it to be. Anybody have issues plowing at night with the stock headlights?

G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
Anyone know the weight of the 72" Denali Pro? I've been going down the rabbit hole of plows. Here are my notes so far.

KFI Pro Poly 72". - 87 pounds

Western Impact UTV 72" - 261 pounds

The Western is an awesome plow with true hydraulics. I'm worried about the weight on the front of my P1k-5 LE.

I can't find the weight of the Denali pro.

G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
Response from Denali.

Our Pro blade weighs 110lbs, push tube is 58lbs and push tube is 15lbs

So question. Would the Western be too heavy for the P1k? That seems like a lot if both teh denali and kfi come in around 100 pounds less.

z4abraha

z4abraha

Jun 5, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can’t help much for the 1000 but my P700 does a great job with the 72” Denali. The front does squat slightly while the plow is lifted but still plenty driveable. I’d be willing to guess the western might cause some rubbing up front especially if you aren’t running the stock wheels.

B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
Those of you that use the Warn ProVantage setup... do you take the plow mount off during the summer? Leave it on? What does it look like with just the mount?
I am curious about this too. I am trying to figure out which snow plow to purchase for my 1000-5. I've read the Warn Provantage has some weak points that have bent. Also curious about the question above regarding whether or not people take the Warn front mount plate off during summer riding season. Also, weight considerations of the Warn vs. KFI Pro Poly.

G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
I am curious about this too. I am trying to figure out which snow plow to purchase for my 1000-5. I've read the Warn Provantage has some weak points that have bent. Also curious about the question above regarding whether or not people take the Warn front mount plate off during summer riding season. Also, weight considerations of the Warn vs. KFI Pro Poly.

highly recommend this plow from these guys. I’ve had questions on a few things, emailed the owner on a Sunday night and received answers within 30 minutes. Customer service like no other from an American company.

Oh yeah, and the plow is pretty good too

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!